Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  47
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

3 things learned from Rd 11 vs Sydney 2024

Please list the 3 things learned from our R11 encounter against Sydney.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3 things learned from Rd 11 vs Sydney 2024

1. No Libba, Ed, Naughton, Cody, JJ, others - injury list turned fast. Going to test out depth
    2. I don’t see it in Bramble
    3. The really young kids got a steep learning curve tonight
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    1. No Libba, Ed, Naughton, Cody, JJ, others - injury list turned fast. Going to test out depth
    2. I don’t see it in Bramble
    3. The really young kids got a steep learning curve tonight
    Gonna agree to disagree on your number 2.

1. The kids are alright. Saw enough out of Sanders, Bramble and Gallagher to persist with, and Garcia and West both stepped up well even called upon.

2. Liam Jones should be in All Australian considerations.

3. Rory Lobb will never get a better chance at showing his worth than the next two months.

4. Likes Boots liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Injuries to Naughton, Richards and Scott may well have cost us the game.
    2. Mount Surprise is 600 km east of Normanton or 380 km southwest of Cairns in Queensland Savanah Country and
    that is exactly where umpire 32 JACOB MOLLISON should be officiating next week after the absurd
    50m against VDM.
    3. Other than Bramble's moment of idiocy when we were just 5 points down, the kids did well as Westdog54 just
    said.

Post Thanks / Like

1 - We can't be scheduled to play home games on Thursday nights unless it as against a big drawing Melbourne team. Our supporters don't want it
    2 - Sanders is ready for an extended run in the seniors. His time at Footscray was productive.
    3 - Daniels return to form was a positive

And to ever is the injury god...well I'm going to need to speak to his/her supervisor
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

1. West needs more time in the middle, and not just when the game is just about done. He has a chaotic element to his game which is beneficial, that kick out of mid air was great.
    2. Injuries/Concussions are going to be a massive headache for the AFL and I can see football looking like a very different sport in 10 years.
    3. I will not be sleeping well until there is some confirmation on Naughton's injury.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jDogs View Post
    2. Injuries/Concussions are going to be a massive headache for the AFL and I can see football looking like a very different sport in 10 years.
    I had a similar conversation after the game. Won?t be surprised if helmets are mandatory at some point.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Going home angry with the umpires can be a good sign.
    2. Darcy, Sanders, Gags, West, Garcia in the guts when the heat is on. They can be trusted.
    3. Only some arms are chopped, others are gently caressed.
    Time and Tide Waits For No Man

10. Likes Dogs 24/7 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I had a similar conversation after the game. Won?t be surprised if helmets are mandatory at some point.
    If they can prove that helmets actually help.
    Time and Tide Waits For No Man

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jDogs View Post
    They need to review the contact below the knees rule, which has always been in direct conflict with kicking in danger, and also encourages this 'proper technique' we hear so much about and results in a huge amount of head collisions.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

Post Thanks / Like

1. What is more surprising, scary and dangerous than hitting clear air turbulence in a Singapore airlines plane?

Keath with his hands on the ball.

2. Both West and Garcia competed in the guts, so give them good time there. I think we looked a lot more dangerous and unpredictable when they were there.

3. This team may have turned a corner. Last week's game was difficult, and they really turned up, ditto this week, and if we could kick ****ing goals, we might have won despite three players down.

4. Our tackling is still pretty shithouse.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    2. Darcy, Sanders, Gags, West, Garcia in the guts when the heat is on. They can be trusted.
    I would add not just trusted, but they can give us a point of difference and an edge.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Richards' concussion situation is a real issue. That wasn't a super hard head clash and he fails the scat. It really must be awful playing with that in your mind.

2. Being tall in the forward line means good teams can win stoppage and rebound and score. Tonight we got it in there, but were too tall and if we didn't mark it it came out too easily. 14 stoppages for 2 goals in forward 50. One tall too many.

3. Warner is a gun. Massive wanker (who trash talks the Bont), however love him at the Dogs. Another astute piece of recruiting by the Swans.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Issue is they don't prevent concussion. Need a helmet between your brain and your skull.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/pod...4edf7cc8ae1fb4

Post Thanks / Like

1. Sanders has some mongrel in him. It took a demotion to bring it out, but it's there. It wasn't a perfect game but he showed a side to his game that's been missing. Well done to the kid for grasping the opportunity.

2. We don't need to come up with nicknames for the players, Bevo will do it for us. He's coined the three Ryleys in the middle the 'Triple R Radio Station'. I'll look forward to tuning in next week.

3. This team and the way it is being coached is the real deal. Our ladder position doesn't reflect our true standing in the competition and while it will be tough to make finals with a tough draw, we are good enough to win a final or two if we do make it.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'