Thanks Thanks:  24
Likes Likes:  147
Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bulldogs V Swans - Round 11, 23/5/24 Marvel Stadium 7:30PM AEST

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    I enjoyed this loss more than the Richmond shellacking. So very proud of the effort. We were 5 goals down, Heaney had kicked one out of his butt, and we looked exhausted. But we did exactly what we as fans have been wanting, spirit, never say die effort.

Yeh there were mistakes, we were sometimes our own worst enemies, but I don’t want to dwell or think about those. The umpiring was atrocious. They killed the game with that VDM 50.

It was so fun to have an electric atmosphere, the crowd were galvanised, the chant rang out. Goddamit it would have been great to win it but the injuries, the short break meant we were up against it. We’ve got some good young ones, I loved Sanders game. We’ve endured a lot of disappointing efforts lately, I’m just glad footy was fun and our team made us proud tonight.
    This group's been hard to love, but tonight was so brave. We were in the game with a few minutes to go and that's a minor miracle given the circumstances.

It felt like a heavyweight encounter at the ground, the quality of the game was really high. Hopefully the group takes a lot of positives away and can regroup for the coming couple of weeks where we need to bank at least one win to stay in touch.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

2. Likes The bulldog tragician, Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    First game in what felt like years that I?ve seen us play footy to be proud of. There was a level of resilience and grit that felt Bulldog like to me and it?s just not been there in our game, even in wins this year.

It?s another loss in a close game and we?re on the wrong side of the ledger and we need a new voice in the coaching role but at least it wasn?t just another week of learning nothing and just going through the motions.

We desperately needed a win under duress, against a good side in form, and we didn?t get it. So no credits earned. But it?s good to know that game is there and there are enough talented players to bring the game to life under less than ideal circumstances.
    Have you considered, you know, that it might be somewhat to do with the coaching that we responded the way we did? Just putting it out there, and sorry to interrupt a pants off Thursday night for you, again.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Is it just me, or does anyone else think that Darcy's ruck work is now better than that of English?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Bevo

-Our players showed enormous charachter
    -Our backline stayed on for the entire last half
    -Tim English also didn't get a rest
    -We had to ask the boys to do different things
    -Triple R radio station in there. West, Garcia and Sanders! Giving us chances out of the middle.
    -We had to sent Bont forward as our forward line became dysfunctional after the Aaron loss and how we had to move some players around
    -Marcus made them weary of him and kept them on edge
    -Great integrity in what the boys did
    -You never lose and feel like a winner, but in my eyes our boys were winners tonight
    -What did you make of that VDM call? I will make sure I don't comment on the umpires. Ultimately the decision was made. We have to live with it.
    -Indicators are that Naughton hopefully is not an ACL, but you can never tell. We need to wait for the scan.
    -We are conservative with concussions.
    -Richards was pivotal in the game. His growth has been important for us. It is encouraging for our future. It is a big loss. It gives an opportunity for others to shine. The three Rileys were great.
    -Bailey Williams had to go to the backline. We then had to play new wingers.
    -We just made some monumental errors and some monumental misses in front of goal that cost us any chance of winning the game
    -With the bad luck in the game with injuries we still had a chance in the game
    -Why did you send Caleb to the wing? Not go back? It is a good question. We wanted Caleb to find some form. Half back was probably the role he is familar with and he could find form in VFL. What happens at state level is that he gets sat on and blocked by their defensive forward. Then we said it is better he plays as a midfielder. That worked for him and worked for our team. That is not unfamiliar to him. It was straight forward for him to play that role tonight and we thought he played well tonight (wing).
    -You can have too many midifelders. We will need to work it out if we have Richards and Libba.
    -The teams with blend of speed and endurance, rationalise the time in the midfield, will be the teams at the end of the year

6. Thanks Dry Rot, Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    They know they can mouth off, be disrespectful and get away with it. Sometimes I would love a time machine to back 30 years in time. I wonder what would have happend if they tried to pull that crap on the Doug Hawkins wing back in the day. Good luck.
    Your machine is Pussycat One, and Pussycat Two. They live on the end of your arms. Go for it brother, ruin your life in getting even. If the eighties didn't teach you that getting even and then some equals valour, then you've learned nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

That was character building.

At least I hope it is. It deserves to be.

I hope we remember this game.

Great effort, lads. That was a performance better than many wins. Proud.

As for the umpiring? It's enough to turn you away from the game. Disgraceful. And Grundys ruck work is a ****ing blight on the game - he literally blocks the opposition pathway and then gets rewarded.
    W00F!

9. Likes angelopetraglia, Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Have you considered, you know, that it might be somewhat to do with the coaching that we responded the way we did? Just putting it out there, and sorry to interrupt a pants off Thursday night for you, again.
    I have. And it’s not.
    Time and Tide Waits For No Man

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    I have. And it’s not.
    You realise that blaming the coach for shit efforts and then not giving the coach credit for good efforts is a bit hypocritical, right?

For the record, I don't know what the answer is, but sitting on the fence at least means I don't have to do this bullshit balancing act of conflicting positions you have to do.

Post Thanks / Like

I suppose that the upside of adversity is finding opportunities.

At the start of the season, if I had posted that halfway through the season we would be playing the clear top team, 20 or 30 points down, getting late in the fourth quarter and no Libba or Bont in the midfield, you would've said we were gone, not come back like we did with the triple Rileys in the midfield.

Great signs for the future.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Longmire

-They were better than us in many elements but we took our chances in the third quarter
    -Talks about the benefit of having the bye this week (Swans get two byes before we get one!!!!)
    -The Dogs mids were all over us before half time, Warner went forward in third quarter and hit the scoreboard
    -We had to send Rowbottom to Richards after quarter time. We got that wrong. They were killing us in the middle. (Rowbottom went from Bailey Dale to Richards).

14. Thanks The bulldog tragician, Eastdog, merantau thanked for this post
    Likes jeemak, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Longmire

-They were better than us in many elements but we took our chances in the third quarter
    -Talks about the benefit of having the bye this week (Swans get two byes before we get one!!!!)
    -The Dogs mids were all over us before half time, Warner went forward in third quarter and hit the scoreboard
    -We had to send Rowbottom to Richards after quarter time. We got that wrong. They were killing us in the middle. (Rowbottom went from Bailey Dale to Richards).
    I would have preferred the Ross Lyon wank fest where he belittles people and doesn't answer a question and then get's wanked off by the media, but I guess some decent candor will have to do.

16. Likes Go_Dogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Tip my cap to Bevo & his coaches. Thats the best performance since the 21 prelim win. Been very critical of Bevo for a few years, deservedly so too!, but I'm seeing something I wasn't expecting & I'm liking it. Really brave effort tonight, Haven't said that in a longtime.

Whoever came up with the Richards move into the guts is a genius. Didn't see that one coming & wow how good has he been. Ed just gives us something different that complements what we already have. Love his defensive work in there to, really needed.

All we need now is for Lobb, Darcy & JUH to light it up with Astro out which would force Astro to defence on his return & team up with Jones. Just a thought!

Freija I like the look of. The way he moves reminds me of Embley. Anyone else see that? I saw a few times we had Darcy, the Colonel & Gallagher in the centre bounce, good future ahead.

Give Westy more inside mid minutes please! Can't believe Weightman got a look in before Westy.

Anyhow, don't change the style just weed out the mistakes.

18. Likes Dry Rot, Boots liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anfo27 View Post
    Tip my cap to Bevo & his coaches. Thats the best performance since the 21 prelim win. Been very critical of Bevo for a few years, deservedly so too!, but I'm seeing something I wasn't expecting & I'm liking it. Really brave effort tonight, Haven't said that in a longtime.

Whoever came up with the Richards move into the guts is a genius. Didn't see that one coming & wow how good has he been. Ed just gives us something different that complements what we already have. Love his defensive work in there to, really needed.

All we need now is for Lobb, Darcy & JUH to light it up with Astro out which would force Astro to defence on his return & team up with Jones. Just a thought!

Freija I like the look of. The way he moves reminds me of Embley. Anyone else see that? I saw a few times we had Darcy, the Colonel & Gallagher in the centre bounce, good future ahead.

Give Westy more inside mid minutes please! Can't believe Weightman got a look in before Westy.

Anyhow, don't change the style just weed out the mistakes.
    How dare you.

JF was a bit worrisome early again, and cost us a clear goal. However, after that he just kep going and going, and was covering huge amounts of ground. Also, his team mates kept using him which is a huge compliment to his positioning and effort.

20. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    How dare you.

JF was a bit worrisome early again, and cost us a clear goal. However, after that he just kep going and going, and was covering huge amounts of ground. Also, his team mates kept using him which is a huge compliment to his positioning and effort.
    Just checked out the Freija welcome thread & you did call it first jee! I think he'll end up on the wing too, would be amazing if he ended up a premiership wingman as well. There is a player there I'm certain of it. Luke Cleary though I don't see it, early days I know.

22. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anfo27 View Post
    Just checked out the Freija welcome thread & you did call it first jee! I think he'll end up on the wing too, would be amazing if he ended up a premiership wingman as well. There is a player there I'm certain of it. Luke Cleary though I don't see it, early days I know.
    Love having you posting more mate. Especially when you agree with me.

24. Thanks anfo27 thanked for this post