Thanks Thanks:  24
Likes Likes:  147
Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425262728 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bulldogs V Swans - Round 11, 23/5/24 Marvel Stadium 7:30PM AEST

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    How dare you.

JF was a bit worrisome early again, and cost us a clear goal. However, after that he just kep going and going, and was covering huge amounts of ground. Also, his team mates kept using him which is a huge compliment to his positioning and effort.
    I put that on Bont. He should not be calling for the ball so agressively there. Imagine you are playing your third game and the great one, your captain, Bont is demanding the ball. To hit him up would take a precise highly skillful kick and even then it was every chance to be picked off. The kid could not ignore his superstar captain. The kick was poor, but I put that on Bont.

Post Thanks / Like

Game time.

Keath 100%
    Jones 100%
    Marra 96%
    Dale 94%
    Bramble 92%
    Bont 92%
    Williams 91%
    Harmes 91%
    English 91%
    Duryea 89%
    Daniel 89%

We asked a lot from our players coming off a five day break. It was a miracle we were that close to them.

(For example. Bont last week played 75%. Marra 78%. Dale 80%. Harmes 74%).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    I put that on Bont. He should not be calling for the ball so agressively there. Imagine you are playing your third game and the great one, your captain, Bont is demanding the ball. To hit him up would take a precise highly skillful kick and even then it was every chance to be picked off. The kid could not ignore his superstar captain. The kick was poor, but I put that on Bont.
    It's happened to me and I was lucky enough not to helicopter it to my target. But I was only playing Ammos and not AFL at the time, so you know........

JF should have kicked through it with more conviction. But what I really liked was he didn't ever stop trying to get involved and like Bont, his teammates trusted him. How good was his run and mark at half forward?

As an aside, Bont should always be calling for it in that sport, and we should be aspiring to have people who can get that ball to him.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

4. Likes angelopetraglia, Uninformed liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Game time.

Keath 100%
    Jones 100%
    Marra 96%
    Dale 94%
    Bramble 92%
    Bont 92%
    Williams 91%
    Harmes 91%
    English 91%
    Duryea 89%
    Daniel 89%

We asked a lot from our players coming off a five day break. It was a miracle we were that close to them.
    We did look out on our feet when we didn't have the ball at times. Really proud they fought to the end, a win would have been massive for this group of players. Had every excuse to fall away. Showed a ton of character!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    It's happened to me and I was lucky enough not to helicopter it to my target. But I was only playing Ammos and not AFL at the time, so you know........

JF should have kicked through it with more conviction. But what I really liked was he didn't ever stop trying to get involved and like Bont, his teammates trusted him. How good was his run and mark at half forward?
    I like what I saw tonight. My gut feel is that he has the qualities to make the grade. Great build for his age. Composure with ball in hand, great kick and importantly wants the footy in his hand.

7. Likes Uninformed liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I like what I saw tonight. My gut feel is that he has the qualities to make the grade. Great build for his age. Composure with ball in hand, great kick and importantly wants the footy in his hand.
    I'm completely frightened when he's near it, but he's just giving snippets on repeat that make you think he might be OK, if not a bit more than that.

And just OK is better than most under the type of pressure he felt tonight.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Game time.

Keath 100%
    Jones 100%
    Marra 96%
    Dale 94%
    Bramble 92%
    Bont 92%
    Williams 91%
    Harmes 91%
    English 91%
    Duryea 89%
    Daniel 89%

Just a great effort. The Bulldog spirit was certainly there tonight.

It will give us some huge confidence going into next week against the Pies. They have their injury concerns as well particularly their forward line.
    Last edited by Eastdog; 24-05-2024 at 02:29 AM.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

10. Likes angelopetraglia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Interested in some thoughts on Jones's game. His intercept game was fantastic but I thought he gave Amartey too much leg rope last night and it stung us going back the other way a couple of time. I think we saw the same with Jessie Hogan too last week.

Obviously no JOD last night, but the balance of our backline and key defenders still isn't quite right, though I think both defences lowered their colours a bit.

12. Likes Testekill, Sedat, Uninformed liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just saw that 50m penalty. Wow! I'll watch the 2nd half when I get home from work. Sounds like we fought it out right to the end.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    Interested in some thoughts on Jones's game. His intercept game was fantastic but I thought he gave Amartey too much leg rope last night and it stung us going back the other way a couple of time. I think we saw the same with Jessie Hogan too last week.

Obviously no JOD last night, but the balance of our backline and key defenders still isn't quite right, though I think both defences lowered their colours a bit.
    Agreed. I was surprised to see him being given votes.

I felt that his positioning was off (particularly early), his disposal and decision making was poor, and his direct opponent kicked some important goals. Certainly had some good/important contests as well, but overall it was a rare disappointing game imo.

15. Likes Grantysghost, lemmon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought he was still super influntial last night. However, I did think he fumbled a lot more than normal last night. A few groundballs he didn't take as cleanly as he normally does which then put him and the defence on the back foot a few times.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree Lemon, many times he was on his own and Jones standing in the goal square. We were a little loose in defence not covering their players.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

He was good for the most part but he gave Amartey far too much space. Amartey is pretty rubbish but if you give someone five metres of space and don't put any body work on them then they'll obviously have a day out.

Post Thanks / Like

Game time.

Keath 100%
    Jones 100%
    Marra 96%
    Dale 94%
    Bramble 92%
    Bont 92%
    Williams 91%
    Harmes 91%
    English 91%
    Duryea 89%
    Daniel 89%

This is incredible really. Dealing with the injuries and short turnaround to then be 5 goals down in the last quarter and get it back to 8pts. It's astonishing.

It feels like we've turned the corner since the hawks game. I hope we can keep it going for the rest of the season and this isn't a blip.

I missed the 1st half so hadn't realised the impact Richards was having. This game really had disaster written all over it. 3 key injuries early in the game. 5 day break. Top side. You wouldn't have blamed us for losing by 8 goals yet we still nearly pinched it.

20. Likes Uninformed liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So I only saw the first quarter and a half and then read match reports, but I feel a queer sense of joy at this result. The injuries were terrible and I'm really worried about losing Naughton, but from what I saw, our whole-of-ground defence has really clicked in the last few games, we tried our hearts out for the third game in a row, and we came within a stone's throw of beating the top team in the comp.

In just the last three weeks I've gone form not liking or trusting this team to enjoying watching them play again. Darcy continues to be a miracle, and I really enjoy Richards in the midfield.

Curiously excited for the rest of the season now. Of course that will change again haha.

22. Likes Uninformed liked this post