Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  15
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

The Moment: Rnd 11, 2024 vs Sydney

The moment; the best, most courageous moment that caught your eye in this afternoon's game against GWS.
    Was it the moment that told you 'we've got this' or 'we lost this one right here'? Or was it the moment that you went 'wow....that is crazy courage'

Was it a collection of moments or even one with greater significance outside of the actual games result.. the kind where you go, oh no, this is going to keep Jeemak posting til 4am the next 3 nights and see EasternWest reach some kinda of shit-posting nirvana state.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moment: Rnd 11, 2024 vs Sydney

Gags & Dale missing from 20m straight in front when we need to put it on the scoreboard.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Injuries of course.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

VDM can do stupid on his own. He doesn’t need to have shit like that 50m…
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

5. Thanks anfo27 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wasnt even a mark wow. Thats as bad as it gets.

Crows missed the finals with a dodgy v Swans decision.

It happens, horrible timing though.

Post Thanks / Like

How was Darcy meant to bend physics?

Post Thanks / Like

When that ****ing muppet umpire paid that ****ing bullshit ****ing 50. I’m hanging around the change rooms waiting for his autograph.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Richards getting concussed. It took a while for us to adjust after that moment. They ran riot for the next 10 minutes, especially Warner and it was essentially game over.

10. Likes Scorlibo, anfo27, kruder, Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Richards getting concussed. It took a while for us to adjust after that moment. They ran riot for the next 10 minutes, especially Warner and it was essentially game over.
    In retrospect it was definitely a turning point... neither Heeney nor Warner were troubling us up until that point and Richards was BOG.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

12. Likes westbulldog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scorlibo View Post
    In retrospect it was definitely a turning point... neither Heeney nor Warner were troubling us up until that point and Richards was BOG.
    Yes. Horse said in his presser that they made a mistake not sending Rowbottom to Richards (they sent him to Dale). They sent Rowbottom to Richards after quarter time. So they had put their best defensive player on Richards. So losing our most damaging mid and then also releasing their tagger to do another job was a double whammy. Game completely changed.

Post Thanks / Like

The missed and very gettable shots in the final quarter - Bont, Dale and Gallagher

??
    The 50 for running over the mark that Blakey did 3 minutes earlier

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    this for me too
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

16. Likes angelopetraglia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

There are always lots of moments. The one I felt the most was Bont's miss. Such a great player but these misses may tarnish his legacy if they continue to occur.

Painful to recall they go back to his early days. 2015 Elimination Final against the Crows. He missed two set shots in close succession from memory and we lost narrowly.

I want to see more of the reverse. Great match winning goals that mirror his greatness as a player and leader. I don't want him ever to be remembered for deficiencies; it pains me to think that might happen. Captaining a Premiership team would put an end to that though and would be a deserved legacy for him.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

18. Likes MrMahatma, ReLoad liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Darcys Mark on the 50m line, think it was the lizard who blatantly took about 4 steps over the mark. Umpire politely and kindly asked him to take fours steps back. I dislocated my throat calling for a 50. to then see soft 50s paid the other way made me "SPEW UP"

20. Likes merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Aside from the injuries, when we were just 5 points down, Bramble's "I can take on half the Swans" mantra = htb and warner goaled soon after.