Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 12 vs Collingwood

Will Libba be available?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Will Libba be available?
    Not based on the last update.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Will Libba be available?
    Not till the week after

Post Thanks / Like

The Bramble shambles has to end.

Ive got no idea what the club sees in him, he is constantly getting caught holding the ball, isn't that great a kick and doesn't provide anything off the ball.

Were better off putting 10 games into Cleary and learning more about him as a footballer.

Out:
    Scott, Naughton, Richards (all inj) Bramble

In:
    Lobb, Cleary, Sanders, JOD.

And id have cleary as the sub.

5. Likes Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    I think the Vanders 50 is line ball.

He is a fraction late.

I get why its paid. I think we got one last week which was similar and if anything harsher on GWS. If I am being critical - dumb football by VDM, just needed to slow and impede the play on.
    Worse decision I have seen in football for a very long time. No it is not line ball. The rule was brought in to stop time wasters and holding players up. VDM was jumping in the air as the ball came down and hit the ball as it was marked. Ruined the game with 8 points in it and still minutes to go.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

7. Likes kickit2Koly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Worse decision I have seen in football for a very long time. No it is not line ball. The rule was brought in to stop time wasters and holding players up. VDM was jumping in the air as the ball came down and hit the ball as it was marked. Ruined the game with 8 points in it and still minutes to go.
    Clearly it's rule of the week - they were red hot on it all night. As an aside, it is idiotic that there is even a concept like rule of the week. What sort of pissant competition has wildly fluctuating variations in interpretation of their own rules week to week?

I don't blame the umpires - they are doing exactly as instructed. This is all on the AFEL.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

9. Likes bulldogsthru&thru, bornadog, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah. Look i don't think it cost us the game. I don't think we were going to get 2 more goals. We were legless. But I didn't think we'd pull it back to 8pts either so you never know.

But that decision was deplorable. At 0-0 it's deplorable. How many games have been decided by shocking umpiring decisions this year? It's out of control. The league is being destroyed by too many rules with varying interpretations. Although this one in particular was just a shit call.

Were there 7 50s paid last night? 5 against us?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Clearly it's rule of the week - they were red hot on it all night. As an aside, it is idiotic that there is even a concept like rule of the week. What sort of pissant competition has wildly fluctuating variations in interpretation of their own rules week to week?

I don't blame the umpires - they are doing exactly as instructed. This is all on the AFEL.
    The first 50m against Bont was also rubbish. Players milk it by dropping the ball when the player hardly touches them.

I really hate the AFL and the way it is administered.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

The first 50m against Bont was also rubbish. Players milk it by dropping the ball when the player hardly touches them.

I really hate the AFL and the way it is administered.
    I felt the Bont one was probably there but he was unlucky in that he seemed to just be trying to guard the mark and accidentally made contact with the pill.

What irritates me is that the umpires are red hot on the ball knocked out of the hands fifty metre penalty, but don't give a rats arse how quickly play resumes in other situations. The opposition player has the ball? Happy to have them feign ignorance about who has the mark/fk. Refer Blakey on Darcy. The ball is on the ground? Give ample time for everyone to get to their feet, they must be sore. If a free kick is paid on the ground it's about half as useful as in other situations because you can bank on play being held up long enough for the opposition to get fully setup behind the ball.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scorlibo View Post
    I felt the Bont one was probably there but he was unlucky in that he seemed to just be trying to guard the mark and accidentally made contact with the pill.

What irritates me is that the umpires are red hot on the ball knocked out of the hands fifty metre penalty, but don't give a rats arse how quickly play resumes in other situations. The opposition player has the ball? Happy to have them feign ignorance about who has the mark/fk. Refer Blakey on Darcy. The ball is on the ground? Give ample time for everyone to get to their feet, they must be sore. If a free kick is paid on the ground it's about half as useful as in other situations because you can bank on play being held up long enough for the opposition to get fully setup behind the ball.
    Amarty dropped it on purpose like a hot potato. Very harsh on Bont.

14. Likes Curly5 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The punishment doesn't fit the crime. Maybe bring back the 15mtr penalty.

16. Likes lemmon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scorlibo View Post

Last night in the last 2 or 3 minutes when the Swans were chipping it around - the umps seemed to give each mark a lot more time than they typically do at the end of the game. Even BT mentioned it. It was weird. It really did feel like the umps were doing everything to get the swans the win.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ReLoad View Post
    The Bramble shambles has to end.

Ive got no idea what the club sees in him, he is constantly getting caught holding the ball, isn't that great a kick and doesn't provide anything off the ball.

Were better off putting 10 games into Cleary and learning more about him as a footballer.

Out:
    Scott, Naughton, Richards (all inj) Bramble

In:
    Lobb, Cleary, Sanders, JOD.

And id have cleary as the sub.

He certainly creates a lot of angst amongst supporters.
    I see it differently. He works hard, both ways, is a dilligent role player and is on minimum chips investment wise.

We want hard workers, well they don't work any harder than Lachie. His run down tackle to save a goal in the third was brilliant.

Sometimes as fans we need to look at what players can do more often than what they can't.

He covered more distance than everyone except CD last night.

I look at higher paid more fancied types like Williams before I do the essnetial work horses like Bramble.

Respect fans opinion on him, I just think he does what the box says.

Post Thanks / Like

Do we bring Lobb in or leave it for just JUH and Darcy?

Post Thanks / Like

Do we bring Lobb in or leave it for just JUH and Darcy?
    A big no from me... as per another thread Bont plays more forward and others (Garcia, Sanders & West) play more in the midfield.