• 1.3 million p.a

1 1.67%
  • 1.4 million p.a

0 0%
  • Literally any price another club will pay

3 5.00%
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tim English - What Price do you pay?

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Shut the forum down thanks Gary. This is the single best riposte ever posted on this site. We've peaked. No point continuing.
    You've been replaced. All hail the new King.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

So half way through the season and no deal to announce.

If results go as expected this round, Tim’s compo would be Pick 8 and a his wanted large salary spent in other areas on other players.

Might the club be seriously thinking about letting him go? Or at least entertaining it as he’s still restricted.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    So half way through the season and no deal to announce.

If results go as expected this round, Tim’s compo would be Pick 8 and a his wanted large salary spent in other areas on other players.

Might the club be seriously thinking about letting him go? Or at least entertaining it as he’s still restricted.
    I reckon English has put the brakes on.

Eagles form improving.

Dogs early form not so flash - Beveridge may or may not stay.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post

Eagles form improving.

If that were the case, would we go harder or let it play out? He’s still restricted and we could push for a trade as well, or take compo.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    If that were the case, would we go harder or let it play out? He’s still restricted and we could push for a trade as well, or take compo.
    I think we need to let it play out. The key for mine is not to overpay and accept who English is. It has taken me since 2020 until this season to accept who English is.

I do wonder what our longer term plans are for Sam Darcy. That may also play a huge part in it all.

He has that aggressive streak in his game which at his size, mobility and skill level is Max Gawn like.

Post Thanks / Like

Very happy to wait and see how this plays out later in the year. His form is holding up in recent weeks - he was good last night against a top tier AA calibre opponent.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Very happy to wait and see how this plays out later in the year. His form is holding up in recent weeks - he was good last night against a top tier AA calibre opponent.
    Grundy couldn't keep up early. Had to get physical. Tim was good.

8. Likes SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    Credit to Tim as well he didn't go off in the second half.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    Held up well to the physical stuff

Also -Tim had fewer Hitouts but more HTA
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

11. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Eagles form improving.

Yep. State media:

THE WESTERN Bulldogs are continuing negotiations on a new deal for ruckman Tim English, as the All-Australian takes time on his free agency decision.

As Inside Trading reported in April, the Dogs made a long-term offer to retain English, who has been keen to get through more of the season before locking in his call.

Discussions are continuing, with the Bulldogs having put forward multiple offers and options as part of talks in a sign the 26-year-old is more likely to stay at the kennel.

English is one of eight remaining restricted free agents in the competition, with 108 free agents across the AFL at the midway point of the season.

Post Thanks / Like

The more I think on this the more I am changing my mind and wanting English to stay...

The game has moved to a transition game and away from a contested based game.

English biggest asset is his running and ability to lengthen the ground.

I think we need to secure him at around four years at $900K. That would be a having our cake and eating it too.

Post Thanks / Like

The more I think on this the more I am changing my mind and wanting English to stay...

I think we need to secure him at around four years at $900K. That would be a having our cake and eating it too.
    Thank you for agreeing with me.

English is the modern version of a ruckman. Gone are the days of tap, tap, tap and 5 disposals.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

15. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

One frustration I have with this part of his game is, despite having good mobility and disposal for a ruckman, the vast majority of his touches are just so slow. It's mark, look, walk back, look again, wait, look again, and either a 25m chip or a bomb down the line.

Maybe I'm being harsh but I feel like he often stifles the transition rather than contribute to it.

Post Thanks / Like

To me it’s the price needed to keep him and if we desperately need the compo off him.

In a scenario where we don’t need the compo and the salary is not prohibitive to signing up others and sinking too much into a ruckman then I think many would keep him. It’s all about the details for me.

18. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He will get a mill a year, i dont think 900 will get it done.
    A mill now isn't a mill before the increase so I'm ok with it.
    Problem is we really need to get this done! Lose English and Lobb would be shizen.