Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  47
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3 things learned from Rd 11 vs Sydney 2024

Quote Originally Posted by kickit2Koly View Post
    1. The swans are very beatable, they are not as good as their 10-1 record would suggest. I'm not sure their game style holds up in a high pressure finals and I look forward to them choking on the big stage again.

2. You have to respect the stones on Bevo. With his job seemingly on the line and people coming for him all year, he plays the kids in important positions at important times. I loved that we were down by 5 goals and our midfield rotation was Sander, Garcia, west and Treloar. All four showed some grit and played a large part in getting us back into the game.

3. Just when you thought umpiring couldn't get any worse the AFL said hold my beer and added a 4th. I have never felt more frustrated at the inconsistency of umpiring. The arm chop paid once and then not again for the rest of the game, the 7 x 50m penalties, the rubbish stand rule, players been allowed to just drop the ball etc. Finally the crescendo of incompetency the 50 on VDM after the non call on Blakey earlier in the qtr ruined the end of a good game.
    Agree. To put it on the line and throw the 3 little bulls in the middle in the last was a masterstroke and entertaining to watch.

2. Likes kickit2Koly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    3.Wonder if everyone who was burning memberships will be ringing the club to get a replacement
    You do know the people that say that are FOS. I bet not 1 of them did it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danny the snakeman View Post
    You do know the people that say that are FOS. I bet not 1 of them did it.
    Yeah, I know. But I am still going to track them all down and remind them of their toddler dummy spit.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I know. But I am still going to track them all down and remind them of their toddler dummy spit.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

6. Likes The Adelaide Connection liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. We can beat Sydney. There was the trademark inaccuracy, but take away that late 50 and it was an 8 point game (maybe even 2 points given our momentum), and that?s after spending half the game with only 2 on the bench. If Richards and Naughton stayed in, we win convincingly.

2. Richards is the next big thing. Those stats at half time, and his impact on the game up until then, has him in AA territory next year. And it wouldn?t surprise me if he starts polling Brownlow votes sooner rather than later.

3. I might actually start caring about footy again, after mostly losing interest at the start of this year. We?re playing an exciting brand of footy, we?re fitter, and the young ones are playing important roles rather than being carried by Bont, Libba and co every game

8. Likes angelopetraglia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry if ever I upset you, TAC.

"It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, strange retaliation by Philp. Could be costly.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    I'm sorry if ever I upset you, TAC.

Haha, gold.

12. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Best games from Gallagher, West, Bramble, Harmes, Freijah, Garcia, Sanders as a component of the team. Kept together, should improve exponentially as the year progresses. Maybe, just maybe.
    2. The forward line leaks exits in the absence of Naughton and Weightman. The players with the best defensive games are all injured. Are the forwards excused tackling and chasing ?
    3. Something has to be done about tackling and breaking tackles.

Post Thanks / Like

Well from top 4 to now struggling to make the 8 they're probably well within their right I suppose.

We'll probably be in the bottom 6 after this round so if some are unhappy about that given the preseason beat up I guess that's pretty fair.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by D Mitchell View Post
    3. Something has to be done about tackling and breaking tackles.
    Oh, I dunno. How many more tackles would you like Garcia and West to break ?
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

Post Thanks / Like

16 other players break as many and tackles to stick. The ease with which Sydney players were able to brush off tackling attempts was depressing.

17. Likes Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Well from top 4 to now struggling to make the 8 they're probably well within their right I suppose.

We'll probably be in the bottom 6 after this round so if some are unhappy about that given the preseason beat up I guess that's pretty fair.
    You can be critical and constructive, without being a complete douche though.

Sport is a rollercoaster and the lows can feel damn low and pretty frustrating, nobody here would likely argue against that.

But the whole "never watching another game/my team are dead to me" crowd need to go away and focus on strategies for their own emotional regulation before jumping online. It's embarrassing to hear grown ass adults churning this stuff out.

19. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You can be critical and constructive, without being a complete douche though.

Sport is a rollercoaster and the lows can feel damn low and pretty frustrating, nobody here would likely argue against that.

But the whole "never watching another game/my team are dead to me" crowd need to go away and focus on strategies for their own emotional regulation before jumping online. It's embarrassing to hear grown ass adults churning this stuff out.
    Or just let people express themselves. A lot of folk ride the waves and express their frustration in the moment and say stupid, irrational shit. That’s all part of being a fan. Part of the pantomime. It’s a pretty boring existence if everything is clinical analysis and SuperCoach fantasies.
    Time and Tide Waits For No Man

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Or just let people express themselves. A lot of folk ride the waves and express their frustration in the moment and say stupid, irrational shit. That’s all part of being a fan. Part of the pantomime. It’s a pretty boring existence if everything is clinical analysis and SuperCoach fantasies.
    So where do you draw the line? The Facebook threads are a pretty wild place full of some pretty low blows for example.

I am not saying people can't express themselves- but I am saying get your shit together before you post. Be passionate. Be pissed off.

But be constructive and if you wouldn't say it in real life, don't say it from the safety of your desk hiding behind a handle or whatever.

22. Likes bornadog liked this post