Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  114
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 12 vs Collingwood

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Technically Daniel replaced O’Donnell last week, who was in our selected 22 last week.

So JOD is in for Scott.
    Do we need the three key defenders? Mason Cox is out with concussion and Mihocek a hammy, Kreuger will most likely come in so too Ash Johnson who is only 193cm, maybe a case of JOD for Keath as i can't really see an ideal match for Keath, unless Keath plays on the resting ruck (Kreuger/Cameron) and Jones plays loose?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_west View Post
    Do we need the three key defenders? Mason Cox is out with concussion and Mihocek a hammy, Kreuger will most likely come in so too Ash Johnson who is only 193cm, maybe a case of JOD for Keath as i can't really see an ideal match for Keath, unless Keath plays on the resting ruck (Kreuger/Cameron) and Jones plays loose?
    It is something to consider. JOD has played small previously.

In general our structure is 3 key defenders and 3 key forwards and we tend not to stray from that set up.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Scott came in to specifically tag Gulden. Went straight to him at the first bounce and followed him everywhere as long as he was on the ground.

Don’t think we need to go like for like to replace him.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

We wanting Lobb in still??
    Personally I didn?t want Lobb Darcy and JUH in the fwd half our fwd half pressure would be non existent.
    I think McNeil deserves a chance. Not sure where JOD is at. Cliz maybe if JOD not available.
    One of my favourites Clarke was apparently out from illness and has been one of our most consistent VFL performers this season and he will bring some pressure.
    Poulter also been fairly good at VFL level.
    I think we can be dangerous with Marra and Darcy/English fwd.

B- Doc-Jones-Bramble
    HB- Dale Keath-freijah
    C- Williams-Treloar-Gags
    HF-VDM-Marra-Harmes
    F- West-Darcy-Garcia
    R-English-Bont-Sanders
    Int Macrae, McNeil CD.Clarke
    JOD/Cliz/ Poulter

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PR0408 View Post
    We wanting Lobb in still??
    Personally I didn?t want Lobb Darcy and JUH in the fwd half our fwd half pressure would be non existent.
    I think McNeil deserves a chance. Not sure where JOD is at. Cliz maybe if JOD not available.
    One of my favourites Clarke was apparently out from illness and has been one of our most consistent VFL performers this season and he will bring some pressure.
    Poulter also been fairly good at VFL level.
    I think we can be dangerous with Marra and Darcy/English fwd.

B- Doc-Jones-Bramble
    HB- Dale Keath-freijah
    C- Williams-Treloar-Gags
    HF-VDM-Marra-Harmes
    F- West-Darcy-Garcia
    R-English-Bont-Sanders
    Int Macrae, McNeil CD.Clarke
    JOD/Cliz/ Poulter
    On Cleary although he was involved a fair bit last weekend his game was average as far as he's disposals go.
    I can't trust McNeil if he is in the forward line to either not make the distance or the goal from 30 meters out just kills team momentum.
    Send Bont to play more forward I would give Buss a taste may be sub and Poulter to play against his old club you will need a bit of two way running against the wobbles.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

I don?t want Macrae playing this week. Maybe injuries save him, but under the roof he?s out of place.

In fast conditions his ability to move the ball on quickly, kick it through the air quickly and defend is poor. Based on what we saw late against Sydney he should be about 8 back for a midfield rotation too.

He can play in conditions that suit, but he isn?t someone who should play at Marvel, especially against Collingwood.

7. Likes Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I don?t want Macrae playing this week. Maybe injuries save him, but under the roof he?s out of place.

In fast conditions his ability to move the ball on quickly, kick it through the air quickly and defend is poor. Based on what we saw late against Sydney he should be about 8 back for a midfield rotation too.

He can play in conditions that suit, but he isn?t someone who should play at Marvel, especially against Collingwood.
    He is looking slower each week especially against the quicker sides like Swans. His tackles aren't even sticking at the moment. You can't play both he and Daniel in the same side. We will get torched on the spread.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    He is looking slower each week especially against the quicker sides like Swans. His tackles aren't even sticking at the moment. You can't play both he and Daniel in the same side. We will get torched on the spread.
    Macrae has averaged 4 tackles a game over the last 5 games, down from earlier games. For comparison Gallagher has Freijah have averaged 2. That is why he is in our top five for tackles despite not playing in all games and reduced playing time.

He has more disposals at higher efficiency than the younger players.

We get torched on the spread because we play the long way round, hemmed in on the boundary line. The opposition always have 2 players ready to take the ball down the middle. Even then Sydney had six less scoring shots (even with umpire assistance).

The adjustments which will have us consistently winning have nothing to do with Macrae. Maybe next year.

Post Thanks / Like

mmmm when the club highlights an individual player's highlights in the VFL, there is normally a high correlation that they get picked to play in the AFL team

"Jordan Croft kicked 3 goals in the Scray's thrilling win over Port Melbourne on Saturday"

Link: https://x.com/westernbulldogs/status...38083143712808

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    mmmm when the club highlights an individual player's highlights in the VFL, there is normally a high correlation that they get picked to play in the AFL team

"Jordan Croft kicked 3 goals in the Scray's thrilling win over Port Melbourne on Saturday"

I was thinking he's kind of the closest match we have to Naughton with his weird athletic profile as far as someone that can cover ground defensively and be an aerial threat but dismissed it as being too early. TBH it probably is but maybe he gets a taste anyway?

Post Thanks / Like

While Croft is showing some promise he is miles off.

I will be amazed if he gets picked this week.

If we were no chance of getting to the pointy end it might be something we would do but not at this stage.

Watching the VFL, Busslinger is the one putting his hand up if a position becomes available.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

13. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    While Croft is showing some promise he is miles off.

I will be amazed if he gets picked this week.

If we were no chance of getting to the pointy end it might be something we would do but not at this stage.

Watching the VFL, Busslinger is the one putting his hand up if a position becomes available.
    I think we need to make the position available for Busslinger.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    I think we need to make the position available for Busslinger.
    How do we manage that?

Post Thanks / Like

Picking Croft in a must win game on the back of 1 good vfl game against a top 8 side is madness.
    That would be akin to giving up on 2024

Post Thanks / Like

Collingwood injuries
    Mason Cox has been ruled out for 6 weeks with MCL injury. Joe Richards has a foot fracture and won’t return before Rd 16. Brody Mihocek to miss 2-4 weeks with hamstring strain. Jordan De Goey out for another month. Full details on
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

18. Thanks azabob, Hotdog60 thanked for this post