Thanks Thanks:  48
Likes Likes:  341
Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 22232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Rumours 2024

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Only way I see it happening is if Tim walks and he's our #1 Ruck.

This may work out beneficial for us, key would be to not be paying any salary at all if he's gone. Get a 2nd rounder back and we can cut our losses.
    I don't understand the salary part. We're not trying to get rid of him, this isn't a salary dump...teams are chasing him. They know what his contract is.

If you ask me they should be paying up with decent pick/s AND taking his entire salary. If they don't do either of those, then he stays?

The only thing I'm unsure of is what our threshold will be. The 2x second rounders that we paid?

2. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    I don't understand the salary part. We're not trying to get rid of him, this isn't a salary dump...teams are chasing him. They know what his contract is.

If you ask me they should be paying up with decent pick/s AND taking his entire salary. If they don't do either of those, then he stays?

The only thing I'm unsure of is what our threshold will be. The 2x second rounders that we paid?
    Probably not. We paid overs for someone Freo wanted to keep and who was their leading goalkicker. He's playing VFL for us and is 2 years older now. It'd be amazing if we got a second tbh

4. Likes Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Tom Morris

Rory Lobb will ask for a trade at the end of the season. With two years remaining on his contract, the @westernbulldogs will only deal if it suits them.
    I'm ok with this.
    "It's over. It's all over."

6. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post

We don't want $600k of our salary cap tied up in the VFL on a permanent basis. Clubs will know that and try it on us to take him off our hands and split the salary. If he is in demand though then we shouldn't have to split the contract as there will be clubs with room to take it on.

Unfortunately we tried to get Rory the year prior to him coming to us and Freo would not agree. We left the same deal on the table and didn't foresee Darcy coming along as quick as he has. We also have Smith improving in leaps and bounds as well for the ruck spot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    I'm ok with this.
    Happy Days said he'd throw Harmes in the trade for nothing.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

9. Likes Sedat, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Happy Days said he'd throw Harmes in the trade for nothing.
    You can’t put a price on vibes.

Seriously Lobb for Noble who says no?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

11. Likes hujsh, bulldogtragic, The Underdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    You can’t put a price on vibes.

Seriously Lobb for Noble who says no?
    Probably, yeah. But I feel like this is the secondary conversation. If Tim leaves, I don’t think we can afford to let Lobb go too. I think Lobb is hostage to what Tim does. Plus we then need to recruit a mature ruck as depth which is something we don’t traditionally want to want to do.

With a limited trade hand this year. Noble for Lobb is the one that jumps out as doable given it was reported we were chasing him this year.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

13. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Tom Morris

Rory Lobb will ask for a trade at the end of the season. With two years remaining on his contract, the @westernbulldogs will only deal if it suits them.
    I can remember the discussions on here when we were recruiting Lobb and the vast majority wanted him to come too the Kennel.
    Now he isn't getting a regular game and some other clubs must be interested and a lot of people here want him gone. Swings and roundabouts hey?
    I'm on a chat group with some other Doggie supporters and we have been discussing Lobb in recent weeks and I keep telling them what I read here that he went from the main key forward at Fremantle to number 3 here with us. We needed someone to be the 2nd ruck and contribute up forward but it just never panned out that way. Was it a good or a flawed plan? I still don't know.

Post Thanks / Like

I read an article, sadly I can’t find it now or i would post it , it headlines and talks about Rory wanting out, then the final line announces if he decides to ask for a trade.
    So is it media just making a story or actually true.
    Seems strange for him to ask for a trade when he is a chance of playing to cover Naughton the next 4-6 weeks.
    Maybe Bevo informed him he won’t and has then asked for a trade.
    Bring back the biff

16. Likes Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    I can remember the discussions on here when we were recruiting Lobb and the vast majority wanted him to come too the Kennel.
    Now he isn't getting a regular game and some other clubs must be interested and a lot of people here want him gone. Swings and roundabouts hey?
    I'm on a chat group with some other Doggie supporters and we have been discussing Lobb in recent weeks and I keep telling them what I read here that he went from the main key forward at Fremantle to number 3 here with us. We needed someone to be the 2nd ruck and contribute up forward but it just never panned out that way. Was it a good or a flawed plan? I still don't know.
    I think Darcy has come on a lot quicker than we thought, which we all must admit it usually takes around 3 years for a tall and Darcy was extremely skinny when he came and had health injury issues.
    His improvement is very much above the norm.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I read an article, sadly I can’t find it now or i would post it , it headlines and talks about Rory wanting out, then the final line announces if he decides to ask for a trade.
    So is it media just making a story or actually true.
    Seems strange for him to ask for a trade when he is a chance of playing to cover Naughton the next 4-6 weeks.
    Maybe Bevo informed him he won’t and has then asked for a trade.
    Usually the player manager will throw the bait out when their client isn't happy. It would have been discussed with Rory that this is what he is doing and get the ok to go with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    Usually the player manager will throw the bait out when their client isn't happy. It would have been discussed with Rory that this is what he is doing and get the ok to go with it.
    I’m very suspicious of media stories.
    Things I question, why now?
    Worst timing ever and don’t players just shut up until the season is over eg , Dunkley, Smith ?
    Anyway if he has, at 30 and still has two years to go I can’t see another club picking him up, we have the upper hand either way.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    Funny I remember the vast majority of doggies fans not wanting him to come the kennel.
    Now we have him and we don’t know what’s happening with English yet, we must wait til then.
    He already has a history of wanting to break contracts at other clubs and I wouldn’t be letting him walk easily if the rumour he was front loaded is true.

Post Thanks / Like

Silver linings; it?s a chance for us to get back into the draft.

He?s a depth player for us, nothing more.

If Tim leaves, that?s a different story.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JanLorMill View Post
    Funny I remember the vast majority of doggies fans not wanting him to come the kennel.
    Now we have him and we don’t know what’s happening with English yet, we must wait til then.
    He already has a history of wanting to break contracts at other clubs and I wouldn’t be letting him walk easily if the rumour he was front loaded is true.
    He topped Fremantles goal kick the season after he requested a trade so I think it endorses that it doesn't really impact his footy. That said, he wants to play senior football and he might give us the opportunity to trade or keep him at the end of the season.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"