Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Injury List - Round 13

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I would hope this will happen closer to the finals and think the home games against West Coast and Fremantle would be the perfect opportunity to rest a few of the older or 'sore' players and give a few of the younger guys a run.
    That wasn't the original plan that Eade was working to though was it? Basically the older guys were going to be given a spell through the season mainly around interstate games and that really hasn't happened.
    I think the Gilbee injury possibly could have been avoided because I know you were pointing out the extent of his injury a few weeks back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    That wasn't the original plan that Eade was working to though was it? Basically the older guys were going to be given a spell through the season mainly around interstate games and that really hasn't happened.
    I think the Gilbee injury possibly could have been avoided because I know you were pointing out the extent of his injury a few weeks back.
    He aggravated it during the Port match when he was tackled.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    He has been carrying the injury since before the Sydney game and I thought that he should have been rested from the Port game.

It's pretty disappointing that he has re-injured it again as I'm sure the week off over the split round would have done him the world of good.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    He has been carrying the injury since before the Sydney game and I thought that he should have been rested from the Port game.

It's pretty disappointing that he has re-injured it again as I'm sure the week off over the split round would have done him the world of good.
    That's right, he hurt it early in the match against Geelong the week prior. To my untrained eye, it looks like it could be something as severe as ligament damage; my concern is that he will be jabbed up every week for the remainder of the season and not have the chance to properly recover until the off-season, much like Murph and Coons were playing under duress late last season. Gilbs is such a crucial component of our side - I hope his injury is not as serious as I suspect it might be.