Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Game Day - Bulldogs vs Hawks

Quote Originally Posted by alexxx View Post
    franklin kicked 2.11 - what a hack. Brian Harris did a good job today..even if franklin had 13 scoring shots, he filled the hole when we needed it.

cant say much for the rest of em..cept gilbee who pushed up the ground very well..

we have gone from a potential top 4 side, to a bottom 4 side..we are in the bottom 4 dammit!
    What I don't get is how a bloke kicks 2 goals 11, and we still lose by 86 points.

Nothing short of pathetic.

Soft. Unaccountable. Lazy, Unacceptable.

We looked to be keeping pace in the first half, what the hell happened after half time.

I can handle losing. I can handle the fact that Hawthorn are a good side, at least a damn sight better than we are.

What I can't handle is a complete and utter capitulation like yesterday.

It wasn't good enough against Geelong or West Coast, and it certainly wasn't good enough yesterday.

A 106 point turnaround after quarter time. WTF???

Post Thanks / Like

if its our mids that are getting toweled up week in week out then that really needs to be addressed.

Im a HUGE fan of Morris playing midfield. He has pace, toughness and a willingness to throw his body on the ball. The same for Hahn. Both these guys need to go on a MAJOR fitness regime for next year. Get them in the weights room...really build up even more, and let them loose.

To me both are being wasted in the respective possies.

thoughts.

Post Thanks / Like

We really did cop our share of beatings this year. The win/loss record actually hides the fact that we have been very insipid. Really the percentage is the best measure of where we are are as a team.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    if its our mids that are getting toweled up week in week out then that really needs to be addressed.

Im a HUGE fan of Morris playing midfield. He has pace, toughness and a willingness to throw his body on the ball. The same for Hahn. Both these guys need to go on a MAJOR fitness regime for next year. Get them in the weights room...really build up even more, and let them loose.

thoughts.
    I believe the only reason that Hahn plays forward is a perceived need for a bigger body down there. In reality its the midfield that needs the bulk and aggro at the moment.

As for Morris, I wouldn't mind seeing him in the midfield on the right opponent, but I don't believe he is necessarily 'wasted' in the backline.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post

thoughts.
    Couldn't agree more and I have posted before that Morris should go to midfield. One thing I noticed yesterday, on the kick outs from the backline, Morris positioned himself several times in the pocket and we went the other way ignoring him and also, I believe the wrong way, as there were no options after that. Especially in the third quarter and then we ended up coughing up the ball with stupid handballs and decisions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    One thing I noticed yesterday, on the kick outs from the backline, Morris positioned himself several times in the pocket and we went the other way ignoring him

It was really apparent, wasnt it? Even my dad noticed.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.