Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Where was everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Too frightened of the Bombre Cauldron. What a pack of slime their supporters are.
    My thoughts exactly. I've never been so disgusted in opposition supporters all my life. Then again I was Level one and close to the standing area were a lot of the vermin hang out. It did make the win seem so much sweeter and I did thank a lot of them for that!

Post Thanks / Like

I was at work. Couldn't be helped I'm afraid. Would have loved to be there.
    Ironically I'll probably miss the Geelong game cos I'll be working in Geelong that night.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

I actually didn't have that many bad bomber fan experiences... aside from the sooking about free kicks... much worse from the Pies... hate them with a passion.

Sorry to quote myself...just thought of something... many Bomber fans I heard not only got into our blokes, the umps, the world in general, but THEIR OWN PLAYERS... they were giving it to Lloyd and Lucas something shocking!
    Last edited by AndrewP6; 18-07-2009 at 02:55 PM.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Super 27 View Post
    Probably becuase the only tickets on offer were Level 3 Row X. Luckily my brother came through with some last minute tickets....aisle 38 level 2.
    I bought 12 tickets and was able to get Row K and L Of course I didn't go as my wife was sick but there were good seats on offer.

Post Thanks / Like

Agree. Very little Dogs supporters last night.

Very hard to get good seats too.

I was on the top level, row R! Hate being that far away from the action. Surrounded by Bombers.

They not only have the best financial deal at the Dome, they almost lock the away supporters out with their preference deal for seats.

Post Thanks / Like

I snuck in with my bro & cousin in level 1 aisle 10 just in front of the Victory Room public bar. Sean Denham sitting in front of us calling Aker soft. I replied not bad for a 3 times premiership player!

Post Thanks / Like

Was behind the goals on level 2 - the end we kicked to in the last quarter. Was like we were an interstate team! But its pretty hard v the bombers at the dome - all the available seats are sh1thouse unless you score a level 2 seat - which we were lucky enough to get last minute.

Post Thanks / Like

Aisle 12 Row W. Many Bombers around us. When it was all but over, one well-fuelled Essendon supporter started mouthing off about how many career goals Lloyd has kicked - i.e., "how many Footscray players have kicked 900 goals? NONE." Pretty desperate stuff!
    Crumbs!

Studentlib Guest

Just can't stand Essendon whingers. When I took my then young daughter one night years ago and they started up the umpire is a CHEAT chant ala Crows supporters and the "BULLSHIT" chantI decided it wasn't worth it. My disdain has matured (not helped by 7s adoring / sickening Bombers commentary seemingly everyweek) and now our northern neighbour is held in contempt by our family. It has made our recent winning streak against them all the sweeter. glad i got that off my chest!

Post Thanks / Like

I wasn't there, normally do go, but my son playing away in Mansfield today it was a very early start, and we don't get home from the game until nearly 1.00. Next week I won't be there either because of other sons' 21st - when all my saints in-laws are coming down

Post Thanks / Like

I was there standing up. Silly me didn't care to get tickets forgot about essendon games are always reserved seat games

but yeh was about 8 bomber fans to 1 bulldog around us hehe

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah but as a club I think our supporters are band wagoners more than others.

Post Thanks / Like

I was just chatting to The Dogs Bollocks wife who went last night with her sister (TDB coaches the local under 11's who played last night) & somehow got tickets amongst all the Essendon supporters.

She said it was frightening, the sheer abuse they copped, just because they dared to barrack for their team.

Unbelievably, the major culprits we men over the age of 50 who hurled abuse until the 15 minute mark of the last quarter when they started to leave.

She was meant to meet someone at half time, but was too frightened to leave her seat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stefcep View Post
    Yeah but as a club I think our supporters are band wagoners more than others.
    Seeing as our membership numbers stayed steady through our terrible times I'm quite confused by this statement.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post

Unbelievably, the major culprits we men over the age of 50 who hurled abuse until the 15 minute mark of the last quarter when they started to leave.
    I see this often and even by our own supporters. It's uncanny and somewhat tragic that so many mature people have little regard and respect for others. The language that some people use in front of children isn't what I would call good for their upbringing.