Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  23
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Match Committee - Round 7 vs Fremantle

At least Will would bring the ball to ground and not be shoved out of the contest as easily as Cordy.
    Some people seem to be forgetting Will is an All Australian ruckman and while he may have been a tad out of form and favour the job he is capable of doing IMO has Cordy in spades.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    Who is going to play on Fyffe? He is in the Mother of All Purple Patches of Form at the moment.
    Picken is having a bit of a good patch himself.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Picken is having a bit of a good patch himself.
    Picken hasn't really been playing as a tagger this year. He has taken over the contested ball player in the middle since Wallis was injured and his stats say he's playing the best footy in the team this year, in particular in recent weeks.
    Bevo really hasn't focussed on tagging players like McCartney did, even when the Hawks were smashing us with Hodge and Lewis running riot, Armitage last week with 45 odd disposals. Seems to be more about us dominating the contest more than the opposition rather than negating them. Fyfe will probably have a good game, Sandilands will have 70 hitouts most likely but let's hope being the underdog might spur us on for another memorable victory.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Apart from hitouts what did Cordy do to get dropped. Around the ground he was the better ruckman and IMO was one of our better players during or horrible collapse.
    I think people are using hit outs to advantage to justify putting him down again this week, though I don't think I could think of a more useless stat than that if a midfield is disciplined enough to counter balance dominance from an opposition ruck.

Cordy was the dominant big man on the ground last week (sure the competition didn't make it overly hard for him). People can't admit it.

5. Likes Bulldog4life, G-Mo77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't want to see Bont go anywhere near Fyfe. He'll get murdered, and then some.

Let him run free and put our best stopper on him now he's had some games becoming an accumulator in the middle of the ground. Picken playing tough, but offensive, is the match for Fyfe in my view.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    At least Will would bring the ball to ground and not be shoved out of the contest as easily as Cordy.
    Some people seem to be forgetting Will is an All Australian ruckman and while he may have been a tad out of form and favour the job he is capable of doing IMO has Cordy in spades.
    Will was the A/A ruckman and is a million miles away from that form .Is Minson going to get to that level again?
    At 30 I'd highly doubt it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    I've fixed Fyfe.

Made him captain in Supercoach.

Worked well with Sloane.
    Good work.

I've just traded in Lachie Neale.

Now we just need Mundy, Pav, Sandi and Walters....!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

Cordy was the dominant big man on the ground last week (sure the competition didn't make it overly hard for him). People can't admit it.
    But it was hardly a dominating performance.

Post Thanks / Like

I know that STARTING on the bench means nothing.

But is being listed on the EXTENDED bench, a kick in the ar$e for Macrae?

I hope he plays, but I also hope that the coaches have been hard on him after last weeks performance.

Great to see Wally, Boyd and Jong back in the side. 3 good strong bodies who have all played well this year around their injuries.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    I know that STARTING on the bench means nothing.

But is being listed on the EXTENDED bench, a kick in the ar$e for Macrae?

I hope he plays, but I also hope that the coaches have been hard on him after last weeks performance.

Great to see Wally, Boyd and Jong back in the side. 3 good strong bodies who have all played well this year around their injuries.
    Minson was dropped from there....
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    Minson was dropped from there....
    Absolutely. As I said, I certainly hope Macrae plays - but wouldn't completely rule out the possibility of him being dropped.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I think people are using hit outs to advantage to justify putting him down again this week, though I don't think I could think of a more useless stat than that if a midfield is disciplined enough to counter balance dominance from an opposition ruck.

Cordy was good last week, especially around the ground.

BUT, do you not think that this week especially we should compromise work around the ground for not getting beaten in the midfield? I think the reason it's worked (?) so far is that due to either the conditions (Sydney) or the talent levels (everyone else), our midfield has matched or exceeded the oppositions; even though we aren't getting first use, we can beat them everywhere else and at least break even. Not this week; give that sort of latitude out of the centre to Fremantle's giant 4-headed hydra and we're dead. They don't just start possession chains, they finish them.

I would have picked Minson and have him turn every ball up into a dogfight. First use out of the middle is far more important against Fremantle than it has been previously.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Cordy was good last week, especially around the ground.

BUT, do you not think that this week especially we should compromise work around the ground for not getting beaten in the midfield? I think the reason it's worked (?) so far is that due to either the conditions (Sydney) or the talent levels (everyone else), our midfield has matched or exceeded the oppositions; even though we aren't getting first use, we can beat them everywhere else and at least break even. Not this week; give that sort of latitude out of the centre to Fremantle's giant 4-headed hydra and we're dead. They don't just start possession chains, they finish them.

I would have picked Minson and have him turn every ball up into a dogfight. First use out of the middle is far more important against Fremantle than it has been previously.
    Some interesting Stats for around the ground

Cont Poss - WB 4th, Freo 12th
    Clearances - WB 6th, Freo 7th
    Centre Clear - WB 6th, Freo 4th - differential 2 clearances.
    Stoppages - WB 5th, Freo 12th
    Rebound 50 - WB 9th to Freo 15th
    Inside 50 - WB 5th, Freo 11th
    Tackles - WB 3rd, Freo 17th

Hitouts - WB 17th, Freo 2nd.

We are way ahead in all the relevant stats even though we are getting smashed in hitouts
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

15. Likes SlimPickens liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Luke McPharlin has withdrawn from Fremantle squad
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

17. Likes azabob, Greystache, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Luke McPharlin has withdrawn from Fremantle squad
    Good to hear.

Surprising to see Freo are ranked so low in tackles (17th). I guess they have the footy most of the time!