Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  13
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to The Bulldogs Lachie Young

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    With the senior list now full, what is happening with Lachie?

Has there been an official announcement that he's staying on the rookie list?
    Not sure there needs to be an announcement? He signed a one year extension and it has never been mentioned by any official source that he would be promoted. The primary list is full so it's safe to assume he remains on the rookie list.

The Buku category B thing must be true although it would be nice if they would tell us.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    The Buku category B thing must be true although it would be nice if they would tell us.
    What made you think that ?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    What made you think that ?
    Simple maths. We can't have a full primary list + 5 category A rookies. Either that or he's been delisted!

Post Thanks / Like

Smith, Young, Sweet and Khamis?

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Simple maths. We can't have a full primary list + 5 category A rookies. Either that or he's been delisted!
    With no public info. I can guess, and could be well wrong. But we know he was originally Cat B. Then my guess that he was elevated into an LTI (long term injury) spot, likely Dale Morris knee injury from the season before and then his subsequent pre season knee injury. Khamis may have moved back and forth during the year. Then he sits in Cat B by season's end. We draft Garcia, we put him on the LTI possibly for the season. Khamis then gets elevated into this LTI spot (Cat A spot) for 2020. So he's been/will be a Cat B for two seasons, but with the above LTI spots, he will actually be a Cat A for two seasons.

That's my best guess.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Smith, Young, Sweet and Khamis?
    Roarke = 5
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    With no public info. I can guess, and could be well wrong. But we know he was originally Cat B. Then my guess that he was elevated into an LTI (long term injury) spot, likely Dale Morris knee injury from the season before and then his subsequent pre season knee injury. Khamis may have moved back and forth during the year. Then he sits in Cat B by season's end. We draft Garcia, we put him on the LTI possibly for the season. Khamis then gets elevated into this LTI spot (Cat A spot) for 2020. So he's been/will be a Cat B for two seasons, but with the above LTI spots, he will actually be a Cat A for two seasons.

That's my best guess.
    I don't think that's correct. It was reported that Buku was added to the senior list rather than being a category B. If he had remained category B we could have taken another rookie last year.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think that's correct. It was reported that Buku was added to the senior list rather than being a category B. If he had remained category B we could have taken another rookie last year.
    We don't know, which is your very valid point. We could've passed on the last rookie pick on financial grounds or not rated any kids against the spend, and the club could've said we were adding him to Cat A spot but left out of the public comments that it was under done under AFL Rule 10.10 B (ii) (26.1 Long Term Injury). In which case he was added to the senior list, just temporarily.

But I don't know. But I can't think of another mechanism that allows him to move back and forth. Clarity for deducted and interested members would've been nice. But that side, Garcia is an LTI so Khamis can move back up again.

Post Thanks / Like

We don't know, which is your very valid point. We could've passed on the last rookie pick on financial grounds or not rated any kids against the spend, and the club could've said we were adding him to Cat A spot but left out of the public comments that it was under done under AFL Rule 10.10 B (ii) (26.1 Long Term Injury). In which case he was added to the senior list, just temporarily.

But I don't know. But I can't think of another mechanism that allows him to move back and forth. Clarity for deducted no interested members would've been nice. But that side, Garcia is an LTI so Khamis can move back up again.
    Fair enough, it's as good a theory as any. I really don't understand the benefit of keeping everyone in the dark on this. I'm going to try and hunt Sam Power down and ask him at the social club xmas party, even though that is something I would never usually do - I just have to know!

10. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Roarke = 5
    Isn't the Smith rookie listed by bad Roarke?

I'm confused. If we only have 4 rookies why did we not take another today?

Post Thanks / Like

Roarke = 5
    Quote Originally Posted by anfo27 View Post
    Isn't the Smith rookie listed by bad Roarke?

I'm confused. If we only have 4 rookies why did we not take another today?
    Gardner + Roarke Smith + Sweet + Lachie Young + Khamis = 5.

There's a contract list thread you know guys. I heard the guy that maintains it is incredibly good looking.

13. Thanks anfo27 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

strange he isn't listed as a rookie on the club website

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anfo27 View Post
    strange he isn't listed as a rookie on the club website
    Smith, Gardner earn new deals

The list on the website is well out of date, I don't think it has been updated since the start of the season. Picken and Boyd are still on there for example.

Edit: Actually Gardner is included on the senior list on there, they must have added him when he was taken mid season. Clearly he is on the rookie list though.

Post Thanks / Like

There's a contract list thread you know guys. I heard the guy that maintains it is incredibly good looking.

Yeah, the cast offs you send our way is the only reason you got the job.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Smith, Gardner earn new deals

The list on the website is well out of date, I don't think it has been updated since the start of the season. Picken and Boyd are still on there for example.

Edit: Actually Gardner is included on the senior list on there, they must have added him when he was taken mid season. Clearly he is on the rookie list though.
    Are you sure he is not a senior player?