Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  7
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bankers and Anchors: Rnd 9, 2021 vs Port Adelaide

Bankers

Libba
    in the AA, he is the key to our midfield and I fear opponents might figure that out now and put alot more time into him. Stay fit lad, another premiership is coming your way.
    Flea just what we've been needing up forward, does all the right things, huge ball of energy, constant pressure and 3 slamming goals
    Zaine I don't generally have anything good to say against Zaine, specially after the Richmond game.. But tonight, he showed he mightttt just be worth holding onto if he can re-capture that start of 2020 form.

Anchors

Wood's
    injury, terrible.
    Turnovers - We gotta get better at turning it over when we're clearly ahead and giving them a sniff
    The Port fan who was clearly giving Sweet a mouthful as he was lining up for goal, if you watch the re-play, you can see Sweet mouthing off back to him, hahahaha, suck shit we won.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Interesting to note Bevo was super happy with Hannan's game. "On paper, you may think he didn't have a great night, but he was oustanding and played his role perfectly" to paraphrase.
    Yes, I did see this (after having posted). And fair enough. Always hard to tell, particularly on tv, what the coaches are looking for. Hannan may have played a role in allowing Naughton and Bruce to get their opponents one on one, and Port are generally good at defending the high ball.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Yes, I did see this (after having posted). And fair enough. Always hard to tell, particularly on tv, what the coaches are looking for. Hannan may have played a role in allowing Naughton and Bruce to get their opponents one on one, and Port are generally good at defending the high ball.
    They’re good at defending the high ball but not at actually defending the players themselves. Once Clurey went off any Jonas actually had to do something other than his shitty McGovern impression they were in real trouble. Allir is having a nice season but is a very limited one on one defender, and got caught out many a time by Naughton.

A really good example of this is Naughton’s big mark in the third. It was spectacular and a great effort but no way in the world should Allir or Jonas have defended so statically and given him that much room to run and jump. Allir’s positioning in particular was nowhere and he couldn’t have set up worse to impact that contest.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

4. Likes boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bankers

Weightman - wow! Plays like a tall small. Dare I say Brad Johnson as a forward? Great set of hands for his size and that goal over his shoulder. Big difference between his impact and that which Schache and West had 2 weeks prior.

R Smith - his pressure acts, desperation, and 1%'ers were quality this week and he was a big contributor to our win

The amazing response to conceding 5 goals in the 2nd and then when Port got within 8 points in the last. No panic, just quality football to win the game.

Anchors

Hannan - just don't see what he brings. Granted there are role players in the team, but I don't buy that he is one.

Can we have too many role players - on Saturday night we had Scott, McNeil, JJ, R Smith and Hannan playing a role (low possession; high pressure; loads of one percenters). What is the balance between too many role players and not enough guys who can go out and win it?

Conceding 5 in a row in the 2nd - this was a bugbear last year, our inability to stop the rot. It has happened less this year but when it does we are vulnerable.