Thanks Thanks:  192
Likes Likes:  663
Page 88 of 141 FirstFirst ... 38787980818283848586878889909192939495969798138 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 2106
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Proactive Poaching

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Apparently we are offering Keath 600k over 4 years. Will he take it?
    Guaranteed $2.4M when he's only being offered two years by the crows at best guess $500,000-$550,000 ($1-$1.1M). That's $1.3-$1.4M more guaranteed with us. He'd be crazy not to accept it depending on what the Saints are offering.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Is he contracted or not? I’ve seen conflicting reports.
    Uncontracted. Who reported it as contracted?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

3. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Uncontracted. Who reported it as contracted?
    Can’t recall but it was on the radio and not written.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

5. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Apparently we are offering Keath 600k over 4 years. Will he take it?
    Unbelievable offer for unproven player. If I was Keath id be knocking on powers door 9am tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

Just a quick listen to an afl.com.au podcast, the exchange.

The journo's said a lot of other clubs are envious of our list of talented younger players. I think it was Riley Beveridge (who used to be on our club to cover) who first said $1.8M and then corrected to "over $1.5M" in cap room... Said the club is actively planning on its next premiership assault and needs as part of this look to round out its list with multiple good trades ie. Keath down back and Bruce up front given as examples.

They thought like I posted earlier, that St Kilda trade Bruce to us for a second rounder and use that pick and salary to bring in Zak Jones. So Bruce probably gets done and Keath is a close thing as early this arvo.

8. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Somebody sell me on Keath.

At anything above 550 I’m... not sold.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Somebody sell me on Keath.

At anything above 550 I’m... not sold.
    Very short, had a good year. 16.3 disposals, 6.2 marks and ranked 6th for total intercepts across the comp per game in an average side. Very different player to our mature KPDs of just JT & Cordy. Hopefully helps defence and creating more offense with intercept ability. 197cm & 93kg who moves well and uses it well (76.1% efficiency). If it's $550,000 or $600,000 that isn't an issue is it?

Edit: saw this on Twitter:

ALEX KEATH
    Key-defender ranks

Contested possessions: 1st
    Intercept possessions: 4th
    Disposals: 5th

10th-best loss percentage in defensive one-on-ones of top 25 for total contests
    Last edited by bulldogtragic; 10-09-2019 at 10:41 PM.

11. Likes Remi Moses liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Is he contracted or not? I’ve seen conflicting reports.
    You can see all the contracts here

Keath is a non free agent
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

13. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

On Keath, it was loosely a four horse race. Melbourne have gone with Tomlinson. Hawthorn looking at Frost from Melbourne with a longer deal with talks underway. That leaves it between St Kilda & Dogs for Keath. St Kilda have issues with finding enough good picks to trade for Hill, Jones etc and having some ok draft picks. After keeping Carlisle at $600,000, Keath might be harder for them pull off. But who knows in the silly season.

Bruce traded out gets them Zak Jones traded in. Seems win-win-win.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Guaranteed $2.4M when he's only being offered two years by the crows at best guess $500,000-$550,000 ($1-$1.1M). That's $1.3-$1.4M more guaranteed with us. He'd be crazy not to accept it depending on what the Saints are offering.
    Paying Keath for that money for one year is a huge investment for a player who has had one good year . Can we afford both Bruce and Keath on such contracts , given we have a growing talent pool ?
    How does it balance out salary cap for next 4 years ?
    I Guess no risk no reward . Be bold throw the kitchen sink , to want the next premiership

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    Paying Keath for that money for one year is a huge investment for a player who has had one good year . Can we afford both Bruce and Keath on such contracts , given we have a growing talent pool ?
    How does it balance out salary cap for next 4 years ?
    I Guess no risk no reward . Be bold throw the kitchen sink , to want the next premiership
    Until yesterday afternoon, we had three X roughly $600,000 a season offers to players we obviously considered best 22, needs based players. Sam Power must have felt we could keep signing up all our soon to be uncontracted players and also acquire all three trade targets. Now there's just two such offers out there before the trade period even officially opens. Theoretically, we could find another target in the next 5 weeks. As for risk, I think there's always risk in any trade, or free agent, or draft pick. Being the internal processes the club goes through with all trades, I feel comfortable that all due diligence has been done to make the right calls. JT, Crozier, Schache, Lloyd & Duryea (missed on Wingard but didn't then chase our losses) in two years gives me confidence.

Post Thanks / Like

Frost would be a great pick up if he could improve his decision making and executing
    Keath even at 27 has more upside as well
    Looks a good fit , and you have to pay extra to prise someone out
    Bruce is very handy , although a saint fan I work with reckon he’s a god awful ruckman
    Issac Smith is a big upgrade on Will Hayes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Frost would be a great pick up if he could improve his decision making and executing
    Keath even at 27 has more upside as well
    Looks a good fit , and you have to pay extra to prise someone out
    Bruce is very handy , although a saint fan I work with reckon he’s a god awful ruckman
    Issac Smith is a big upgrade on Will Hayes
    Frost is a decent defender with experience but is he really much of an upgrade on say Fletcher Roberts?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Keath and Bruce will structure us up much better and address critical list weaknesses. Would be very happy with the gut running ability and sheer talent of Isaac Smith as well. I'm all in.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    FWIW bloke with good info claims that we asking again about Hurley and the Bombers may be receptive.
    BF also had that as a rumour.
    Would be in part a salary dump so we'd want him cheap at the trade table.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers