Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  59
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: New head coach

Post Thanks / Like

New head coach

IF we slip to 5th
    IF we lose first week of finals against Essendon or GWS.

A fire will be lit under Bevos ass for wasting our season, with next year being his last contracted year, do you think he gets renewed or will the calls for change from members be loud enough for a changing of the guard?

I honestly feel his wasting a premiership side with incredibly insane match selection picks, and lost selection picks, and the gameplay feels to be “found out” by opposition as a result.

Does Bevos contract get renewed from 2023 onward? Who do we look for as a new head coach if it doesn’t?
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New head coach

If he can pull off a miracle then he's safe, no way that's happening. I'd be getting in Clarkson's ear right now for 2022.

Post Thanks / Like

If we bomb our first week, at the very least we need a clean out of line coaches and some fresh ideas because the status quo isn’t cutting it.

We also need a review into high performance and medical. Our injury list is *!*!*!*!ed every year and recovery times have been stupid long this season (Treloar and Martin prime examples).
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

If he’s contracted to 2023, I assume he’s got two years unless sacked.

Pragmatically, I think he is made to earn a contract extension in 2023. If he does, that’s great.

Clarkson is going to enjoy a year of on Hawthorn’s money. I have no doubt he will look at coaching from after next year. If we aren’t going well the media will start to draw those lines. It would probably put us over the soft cap and it would all up cost a fair bit. Is the club prepared to do that in this environment. I doubt it.

All I will say, is that I think Bevo’s credits for a flag ought to run out. What he does from now is the test. Even Clarko got sacked not 6 full years from his last premiership. Of which he gave them 4.

The list management period will be interesting. If our activity is low because rucking and other philosophy hasn’t changed, then it’s all or nothing next year if we have defenders and gun midfielders rucking and losing games.

Let’s all see how it goes.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Content warning:irrational, post loss comments.

I packed away my axe when he got his extension, but it’s still sharp.

Don’t trust him, don’t think he can take our best players the extra few notches. He’s not a bad coach, but he’s not going to get it done with us. Time for a different look at things.

Win at least one final and perform well when the eventual loss comes, and I’ll put the axe away again. But for now, I am at the point where the sound of his voice makes me sick.

6. Likes G-Mo77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Peter Rohde or Brendan McCartney are available

8. Likes Bulldog4life, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Content warning:irrational, post loss comments.

I packed away my axe when he got his extension, but it’s still sharp.

Don’t trust him, don’t think he can take our best players the extra few notches. He’s not a bad coach, but he’s not going to get it done with us. Time for a different look at things.

Win at least one final and perform well when the eventual loss comes, and I’ll put the axe away again. But for now, I am at the point where the sound of his voice makes me sick.
    Tonight was about the last straw for me.

Bont in the ruck... Naughton did it last week.

I can't be bothered with an indepth analysis, but I'm tired of his arrogance.
    W00F!

10. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I get we are angry but the cards haven’t fallen his way late on in the year. He has had to try to manufacture a win, which he nearly did tonight. Let’s face it we had 3 players underdone in terms of fitness, two others in Martin and Gardner not fit enough to be selected, our leading goal kicker out for who knows how long, both English and Naughton seem to have lost confidence after their concussions. Sure all teams go through this but we have been up the top most of the season and in most games had a solid game plan. You need a lot of luck to win a flag.

If Geelong can stick with Scott who has one flag in his tenure and Port can stick with Hinkley who has won nada, I don’t see why we wouldn’t stick with Bevo. It’s not like there is much choice out there at the moment. Who would your choice be?

12. Thanks jeemak, SquirrelGrip, chef thanked for this post
    Likes dadsgirl16, Bullies, merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    If we bomb our first week, at the very least we need a clean out of line coaches and some fresh ideas because the status quo isn’t cutting it.

We also need a review into high performance and medical. Our injury list is *!*!*!*!ed every year and recovery times have been stupid long this season (Treloar and Martin prime examples).
    Bomb = Review

Ameet Bains is safe.
    Sam Power is safe.

Is Chris Grant still the best man? We could retain Sam Power by promoting him if Grant focused on his investment ventures.
    If Sam Power was promoted, a guy like Simon Dalrymple who knows our club but has time involved in Sydney who are a real pro list management team could be great. He can bring some young swans with him if he likes.

Assistant coaches? Have we got the right ones? Do we need to change it up?

The VFL set up. Is the thinking at optimal levels? Schache should’ve been moved back earlier for instance.

Match Committee. Time for some fresh names to test the current wisdom.

Medical as you say.

There’s not really much off the table if it’s another first week exit.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

14. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    If he’s contracted to 2023, I assume he’s got two years unless sacked.

Pragmatically, I think he is made to earn a contract extension in 2023. If he does, that’s great.

Clarkson is going to enjoy a year of on Hawthorn’s money. I have no doubt he will look at coaching from after next year. If we aren’t going well the media will start to draw those lines. It would probably put us over the soft cap and it would all up cost a fair bit. Is the club prepared to do that in this environment. I doubt it.

All I will say, is that I think Bevo’s credits for a flag ought to run out. What he does from now is the test. Even Clarko got sacked not 6 full years from his last premiership. Of which he gave them 4.

The list management period will be interesting. If our activity is low because rucking and other philosophy hasn’t changed, then it’s all or nothing next year if we have defenders and gun midfielders rucking and losing games.

Let’s all see how it goes.
    Clarko will end up at Collingwood

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    Clarko will end up at Collingwood
    Soon find out. If they do a ‘Brendan Bolton’ and make the new coach an employee and not fixed term contract, that’s the give away to look for.

Post Thanks / Like

We don't need a new head coach but we might need to make some minor changes to the assistant coaches.
    Bevo is still the right man for us but he's got to be a bit more flexible with some of his philosophies.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

18. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    We don't need a new head coach but we might need to make some minor changes to the assistant coaches.
    Bevo is still the right man for us but he's got to be a bit more flexible with some of his philosophies.
    He’s the most stubborn man on the planet so you think he can show flexibility is a stretch to me…. I’m hoping those above (Grant & Bains) are rightfully questioning WTF has happened over the past 3 weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

I’m hoping for an internal review at minimum. But I doubt we’ll see any changes. I’m over this club.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    He’s the most stubborn man on the planet so you think he can show flexibility is a stretch to me…. I’m hoping those above (Grant & Bains) are rightfully questioning WTF has happened over the past 3 weeks.
    I can't see him being questioned or reviewed and I do think he has the ability to reinvent himself.
    Just about all coaches have that stubborn streak in them but the more successful ones keep adapting.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"