Thanks Thanks:  154
Likes Likes:  1,003
Page 99 of 131 FirstFirst ... 498990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1962
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Early Trade Rumours for 2022

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    He is now, though it was pretty rank how he was commented upon in the early days.
    Yes, now. i doubt he had any fans back when Hipwood tore him a new one.

Post Thanks / Like

McAsey heading to Victoria today to meet with a club. Adelaide list boss seems to hint that it’s not Carlton as rumoured earlier in the year.

We’ve been linked to just about every possible KPD. Jones, Collins, Tomlinson. Would we have any interest? Former top 10 pick, a bulldogs supporter and he hasn’t delivered so far.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    McAsey heading to Victoria today to meet with a club. Adelaide list boss seems to hint that it’s not Carlton as rumoured earlier in the year.

We’ve been linked to just about every possible KPD. Jones, Collins, Tomlinson. Would we have any interest? Former top 10 pick, a bulldogs supporter and he hasn’t delivered so far.
    Makes sense to have a chat surely.

4. Likes Swoop liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am going to put a positive perspective on McComb. His come through in the team via the VFL and has worked his backside off. I hope that if he can polish his disposal ( or at least know his limitations) he could become a very valuable player. He knows how to find the ball and seems to be in the right places . He did kick a few goals this year. So he has some natural football ability .

Imagine what a player Gardner be if he did not kick those clangers this year ? His endurance is elite, so he plays a very important part in our team as he allows other players to be rotated, by being on the ground pretty much for the whole game.

Like all our players, I hope they continue to improve and grow and fine tune their skills. But the reality of it, most won't make it, or fail to execute under intense pressure.

I am not going to be too harsh on these guys as they probably already know their limitations.

6. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Based on the way Gardner and McComb are 'treated' on here I'm going to strongly disagree with this...

We are way too hard on these players yet if ever one of the 'first choice' players is criticised everyone comes flying to their defense...
    I think the problem with both is that many (I being one of them) couldn't understand why were playing Gardiner ahead of Young and McCOmb ahead of West/Garcia.

8. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

McComb is like a ruck trying to hit Marra on the lead, he tries to pull things off he isn't capable of. He's actually not bad at contested ball, positioning, tackling, reading the play. Just needs to handball off or kick to someone in plenty of space
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

10. Likes macca, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    I think the problem with both is that many (I being one of them) couldn't understand why were playing Gardiner ahead of Young and McCOmb ahead of West/Garcia.
    And I understand that...I guess for me I just hate young players (and McComb is a MA recruit but has played like 10 games) being slated for stuff we all know they are battling with.

Fine - suggest the changes in your ins and outs but leave the overt criticism out of it.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

12. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

At the risk of being invited to the Yarraville nets, I don't think McComb is a bad kick as much as he is a poor decision maker. There is a difference.

VFL level affords him an extra second to see the game and make the right choice. It would be incredibly difficult for someone to try and adapt to the pace of the game while also trying to impress to make a name for yourself.

I find his kicking in isolation is pretty good just the choices he makes let's him down. If you watch him at VFL level, he is a clear standout and has deserved his opportunities. I like Scott and I haven't given up on McComb just yet but there has to be a realistic understanding of what he brings and not continual focus on what he can't do.

I think with younger players we focus on what they can do and hope they can develop the rest over time. While mature aged players either hit the ground running or are persecuted for their limitations. Remember their limitations are the reason they've had to fight hard to get a spot on our list.

Vandermeer is probably an example of the reverse. Started out with limited possessions but was an exciting prospect. His output hasn't improved and his impact is similar to when he started so perception is now changing. McComb has never been given that same luxury.

As for Parker, not sure why that one has been alluded to as a fail. Unfortunately he had an injury riddled season but you can see why he was appealing. At this point it would come back to his character. Does he add to the group? How did he manage his rehab? Does he deserve another shot?

14. Likes bornadog, mjp, Dry Rot, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

And I understand that...I guess for me I just hate young players (and McComb is a MA recruit but has played like 10 games) being slated for stuff we all know they are battling with.

Fine - suggest the changes in your ins and outs but leave the overt criticism out of it.
    Billy Gowers was the anti christ on here.

Best bloke you'll ever meet and tried his absolute arse off.

I don't get it.

We've lost what being a Bulldog means.

16. Likes mjp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post

It's OK to be frustrated with poor skills and poor decisions...but whilst we continue to marvel at amazing skill execution such as we so regularly see from Bont, Bailey Dale, Caleb Daniel et al we no longer seem to want to cheer the amazing effort that for so long defined us as a supporter group (in my eyes anyway). There was a bit of Mitch Hahn love floating about on here last week...he genuinely could not kick - but we LOVED him because he gave it everything he had...and we could accept the kicking (though lament the errors) because he just did everything he could to be successful.

Liber Snr is (of course) the ultimate example.

I 100% want to aspire to win every game with a team full of superstars but that isn't realistic...when players are making their way we should show support and appreciation for their journey.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

18. Likes Grantysghost, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's OK to be frustrated with poor skills and poor decisions...but whilst we continue to marvel at amazing skill execution such as we so regularly see from Bont, Bailey Dale, Caleb Daniel et al we no longer seem to want to cheer the amazing effort that for so long defined us as a supporter group (in my eyes anyway). There was a bit of Mitch Hahn love floating about on here last week...he genuinely could not kick - but we LOVED him because he gave it everything he had...and we could accept the kicking (though lament the errors) because he just did everything he could to be successful.

Liber Snr is (of course) the ultimate example.

I 100% want to aspire to win every game with a team full of superstars but that isn't realistic...when players are making their way we should show support and appreciation for their journey.
    For thou art wise.

Castagna from the Tigers.

3 x premiership player because you need those types that will bleed the colours.

10 to 22 on the list isn't going to be stars especially with the expanded comp.

Your Kamdyn Macintosh example is perfect. A guy who through adversity made it to the top despite being limited as a player.

Let's get some more McNeil love happening!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I feel like its directed at the selectors, as faceless as they may be and as difficult as it is to say "Bloody Chris Grant" when Josh Bruce, Robbie McComb, Lin Jong etc. are doing what they always do

The team is very anti-Bulldog the way they cave in when holding a big lead in a big game, and I think the supporters attack the character of the group for it because we expect the team to want it more, fight for it, show resilience like we have come to expect of Bulldogs teams
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

21. Likes Grantysghost, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    McComb is like a ruck trying to hit Marra on the lead, he tries to pull things off he isn't capable of. He's actually not bad at contested ball, positioning, tackling, reading the play. Just needs to handball off or kick to someone in plenty of space
    I mean, is he a worse kick than Bailey Smith?
    I’ve seen them both hit up leading players and I’ve seen them shank the absolute *!*!*!*! out of it. Bailey just gets the footy more and has elite traits that help us overlook some of his butchery.

23. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Do we think we will give Sullivan a spot?

Seems highly regarded. I think he's better than McComb.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    I mean, is he a worse kick than Bailey Smith?
    I’ve seen them both hit up leading players and I’ve seen them shank the absolute *!*!*!*! out of it. Bailey just gets the footy more and has elite traits that help us overlook some of his butchery.
    That's the thing you need an elite trait.

Bailey's is speed and endurance (and attractiveness).

Guys who don't struggle.

I always think of Tyson Lane. I grew up with him, played school footy watched him take the biggest hanger ever as I stood at the bottom of the pack.

Got to AFL level and was an in between player. No doubt he was a better footballer than Brad Johnson (same era) but didn't have his speed and endurance.