Thanks Thanks:  26
Likes Likes:  418
Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Brisbane Lions R3 2023 - Thursday 30 March 7:20PM, Marvel Stadium

Jamarra's performance last night was one for the ages. Under immense pressue he played a sensational game and made the point that sadly, - 30 years after Nicky Winmar, 8?? years after Adam Goodes - still has to be made: racism has no place, anywhere. Full stop.

In probably the most high pressure home and away game the Club has played in the Bevo era, the players responded magnificently and our captain led from the front - he made Marco Polo look like a cave-dwelling hermit. He was an irresistible force.
    We had so many good players across the lines. Kudos to Bevo. Whatever he did during the week turned things on their head. All doubters should take a chill pill. I am absolutely convinced that we won't see anyone horrendous performances this year.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Brisbane Lions R3 2023 - Thursday 30 March 7:20PM, Marvel Stadium

Post match Chris Fagen That’s a fair reason why the Dogs won they were able to win the Dogs won they were able to win the contested ball when it went inside 50. Music to my ears.

Post Thanks / Like

I don’t know if that soothes any concerns about our forward structure, ball movement or game style but it definitely does for any concerns about the players’ heart. Some of the efforts from Bont, Macrae and Keath (?) in particular were stirring stuff.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

4. Thanks chef thanked for this post
    Likes Jasper, G-Mo77, anfo27, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by D Mitchell View Post
    Post match Chris Fagen That?s a fair reason why the Dogs won they were able to win the Dogs won they were able to win the contested ball when it went inside 50. Music to my ears.
    You could see we were up for a scrap last night and it makes all of the difference.
    Doing my best to use emojis more frequently

6. Likes EasternWest, D Mitchell liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Is Daniher the biggest tease in the AFL?
    Doing my best to use emojis more frequently

8. Likes Testekill, kruder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I don’t know if that soothes any concerns about our forward structure, ball movement or game style but it definitely does for any concerns about the players’ heart. Some of the efforts from Bont, Macrae and Keath (?) in particular were stirring stuff.
    Keath (21 disposals, 7 marks) was everywhere in the backline, one of his better games. I thought his last quarter was very good when Brisbane were constantly attacking.

Brisbane also went in with a three pronged tall attack, and our guys held them off. Yes Gunston got three - 1 from a dubious free kick (apparently prior op only exists sometimes), and two from beautiful leads that are hard to stop.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

10. Likes SquirrelGrip, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    I would be disappointed in his performance if he was playing for us.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I don?t know if that soothes any concerns about our forward structure, ball movement or game style but it definitely does for any concerns about the players? heart. Some of the efforts from Bont, Macrae and Keath (?) in particular were stirring stuff.
    I think we can all live with the forward structure taking a bit of time to work out and settle, and even with last night's difficulties we still managed eight goals from our three tall forwards - with two either struggling to compete or kick at goal effectively.

Marra won't kick five every week, but he did last night when we needed him to while we're still adjusting and as we adapt I'm hopeful one of the others will pop up for a few when needed. As Cody comes back into the the fold we'll need to continue to keep working out how best to shape up but that's OK. As long as we compete like we did last night or as close to it as possible we'll stay in games and give ourselves a chance.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

13. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    The FFC did itself, Charlie, Ted and John Schultz proud this day.
    Tim's big, calm grab in the back pocket in the last quarter, took me back to the 60's, and the days of Johnny Schultz. For a moment there, I was a kid at Western Oval again.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    Not any more. Now I just think he's not actually that good.
    "It's over. It's all over."

16. Likes Happy Days, Sedat, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Oskar Baker. Wasn't too excited with him joining the club. But he proved me wrong tonight. He had the most metres gained tonight with 611m. Bont second with 543m. Also seven score involvements which was the most for the Dogs.

He has good pace and acceleration and is a penetrating kick. Also like the energy that he brings. You have to say on what we saw tonight, he is brining a lot more than Lachie Hunter did in recent years.

Added bonus. How good was his goal when he sold the candy and finished with a flawless snap. Brilliant.
    Doesn't that say it all? He didn't have a lot of disposals (18) but did have a lot of kicks (17) so he wasn't just handballing around in a circle but acting as the link between defence and attack, moving the ball forward so we have an actual chance to score. A good influence to have in this team that has a habit of treading water with it's ball movement

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Doesn't that say it all? He didn't have a lot of disposals (18) but did have a lot of kicks (17) so he wasn't just handballing around in a circle but acting as the link between defence and attack, moving the ball forward so we have an actual chance to score. A good influence to have in this team that has a habit of treading water with it's ball movement
    100%. Agree. Well said.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    His metres gained was huge. 600+

Post Thanks / Like

What a brilliant night at the footy.

Marcus Bontempelli - I think they call that a captains game... played like a man possessed. He was hard, ruthless at the contest. He gave away free kicks but was for all the right reasons if that makes sense. In the third when he kicked a point, I was certain that was a goal. He literally put the team on his back and said follow me boys.

Adam Treloar was huge, he belongs in the centre square in the starting rotations. Should've kicked a goal or two.

Jackson Macrae a really really good solid game. His hardness at the contest and man again was back. He's hungry again.

Oscar Baker is a good kick and makes good decisions. The goal he kicked was an element of luck, but the kick he pulled off where Lobb marked one on one in the third was a thing of beauty.

Credit to Bailey Smith, he ran and ran and from the naked eye used the ball well. **check stats 89% effiency**. Its all about care factor Bailey. Please care more for the rest of the season. Not as many meters gained but he seemed to be the link man or switch kick last night.

Aaron Naughton had a quiet few quarters but took attention away from JUH and helped him get off the leash. I'm not sure Naughton has played a better quarter of football than his fourth quarter? FFS, play him as the high forward and let him use his athletic ability to go beast mode and dominate.

JUH - not much I can say, he did all the talking last night. What a superstar performance.

Tim English mark in the fourth quarter was huge, he recognised the moment and drifted into the contest and wanted it more than anyone else. I'm extremely harsh on Tim, he is now a big man he needs to use his physical size a lot more.

The run and quick ball movement was back. Subtle shifts of having Dale, JJ and Richards back there, with Keath looking to be more attacking definitely helped. Still **gulp** moments when either Bruce, Jones or Keath have the ball in hand though.

That sets the tone for the remainder of the year. No excuses boys.

#BeMoreBulldog
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Lobb having a nightmare but still contributing was a great outcome. That's what we need from him.
    Yep 2 goals a game and keeping the brute backmen off Marra is doing his job plus 2nd ruck too.

22. Likes D Mitchell, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post