Thanks Thanks:  224
Likes Likes:  847
Page 89 of 141 FirstFirst ... 39798081828384858687888990919293949596979899139 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 2111
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moving/Rolling Trading & Delisting Thread 2018

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Just on Wingard, at 850k a season as Ricky Nixon is reporting would we be playing him on his ability or on his results?

To me his last 2 seasons don't warrant that type of investment
    Nixon does big note a little- I guess we will see.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Just on Wingard, at 850k a season as Ricky Nixon is reporting would we be playing him on his ability or on his results?

I think that's too much tbh. 700k is about right for someone who can be a match winner when in form. We must be confident that Bevo and his team can get him back to his best if we are willing to cough up that sort of coin. And also we would be paying overs just to pry him out of Port Adelaide.

I just hope we have done our homework and are investing wisely for the right player and right fit for our team.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    In which case we can pocket the SA hotshot with our first pick they are so keen on getting and then snap up Wingard when he becomes a free agent next year for nix. Up to them!
    In honesty I’d prefer this. I’m not 100% sold on wingard yet - he just isn’t consistent enough for that coin imo. Absolute star when up and about but a spectator when his head drops. We aren’t going to win it next year, so him finishing out his contract and getting another year to see how much he really invests in his footy wouldn’t be a bad thing. Can’t see the salary cap being an issue next year. Whatever happens - it’s a straight swap for 7 - none of this pick + player BS for this years draft
    The dam wall has busted!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    I think that's too much tbh. 700k is about right for someone who can be a match winner when in form. We must be confident that Bevo and his team can get him back to his best if we are willing to cough up that sort of coin. And also we would be paying overs just to pry him out of Port Adelaide.

I just hope we have done our homework and are investing wisely for the right player and right fit for our team.
    Six years is a long time on good coin for someone who has been ordinary over the past two years considering his reputation. We didn't offer Dal any more than 2 years due to his form over the last 2 years. Not sure on this one. Would prefer Scully if he was available.

Post Thanks / Like

that coin is for previous form and potential - definitely not current form.
    The dam wall has busted!

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately you have to pay overs to pry talent like Wingard out of their clubs. I'm ok with the money component not sure about the years if true. Four seems more sensible.

Post Thanks / Like

Waiting another year for Wingard is effectively passing on him. It's now or never. Simple as that.

8. Likes chef, Bulldog Joe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Waiting another year for Wingard is effectively passing on him. It's now or never. Simple as that.

Yep. No club in its right mind is going to spend a year running a player into good form just so he can walk as a FA at the end if the year. A club like Port would be far more likely to play him in the SANFL all year.

Expecting to pick him up in the next trade period is just fantasy land stuff.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

The Australian reporting Wingard is set to leave to one of 3 clubs: Hawks, Dogs, Saints. Fair to say he will be a hawk next year in that case

Post Thanks / Like

From the Australian (I can't access the article as behind a paywall):

12. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    The Australian reporting Wingard is set to leave to one of 3 clubs: Hawks, Dogs, Saints. Fair to say he will be a hawk next year in that case
    Beat me to it! Might depend it the Hawks have another target in mind like Shiel or May?

14. Likes bulldogsthru&thru liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post

850k in today's salary cap isn't the same as 850k three years ago. I've got no problem with the deal - if you want a sought-after player in 2018, you're paying good money.

Not to mention Chad is a 25 year old two-time All Australian.

Post Thanks / Like

Would be pretty classic Dogs to get it out there and well known that we're into a top-tier talent only to watch them go elsewhere
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

17. Likes bulldogsthru&thru liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Media (The Australian) reporting that Wingard is likely to move to one of three Victorian teams: Bulldogs, Saints or Hawks.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Media (The Australian) reporting that Wingard is likely to move to one of three Victorian teams: Bulldogs, Saints or Hawks.
    Interested to see the Saints mentioned given that Billings should be that player for them already.