Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  2
    Post Thanks / Like

Age no barrier for Dickson

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/n...er-for-dickson

Age no barrier for Dickson

Tory Dickson might be the oldest player on the Western Bulldogs’ list, but he certainly doesn’t feel that way.

The experienced forward is full of excitement ahead of 2020, as he looks to build on last year’s campaign where he slotted 24 goals from 17 outings.

After playing just 17 games due to injury across the two years prior – in 2017 and 2018 – Dickson knows he has plenty of good footy ahead of him.

“I’m the oldest at the club – I’m 32,” Dickson told media on opening day of the team’s Sunshine Coast pre-season camp.

“All the boys tell me how old I am. I am the oldest, but I don’t feel that way.

“I obviously started when I was 24, so I sort of missed six years playing VFL before getting onto an AFL list.

“I had groin issues and then the hamstring issues (in 2017-18) so there was two years I can’t really get back… but I had a strong pre-season the year before, and it set me up for a really good year last year.

“I haven’t had any niggles or injuries this year. So far, so good – touch wood. Full steam ahead.”
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

2. Thanks Bulldog4life, bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Age no barrier for Dickson

Looking forward to a couple of goals a week from Dicko
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

4. Likes Eastdog, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Best forward in the AFL when on. Converts his chances, extremely clever
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    Best forward in the AFL when on. Converts his chances, extremely clever
    He can be a difference maker when he is fit. Dale, Dickson, Lloyd an maybe Cavarra could give the MC some sleepless night trying to work out the best mid/small forward combination.

If Dickson stays fit he will get his share of chances. He's had a great career despite some saying he was too old when we drafted him and he's not finished yet.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    He can be a difference maker when he is fit. Dale, Dickson, Lloyd an maybe Cavarra could give the MC some sleepless night trying to work out the best mid/small forward combination.

If Dickson stays fit he will get his share of chances. He's had a great career despite some saying he was too old when we drafted him and he's not finished yet.
    I love Dickson, extremely good with his body and where to go, his experience is enormous but I see it as his last year with the players we have coming through.
    When he does go I hope we can keep him at VFL level he can teach so much.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I love Dickson, extremely good with his body and where to go, his experience is enormous but I see it as his last year with the players we have coming through.
    When he does go I hope we can keep him at VFL level he can teach so much.
    If he could just work with some other players to improve their set shot conversion it would be a bonus. I think you might be right that he could be a good addition to the VFL level coaching
    I wonder if that is of interest to him
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"