Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
I am extremely dubious about the Liber comeback.

He really hasn't played 'positive' footy since 2016 when his combativeness made him (I think) the best contested ball mid in the competition. But that isn't a switch you can turn off and on...To me, it is the same think that afflicted another premiership player who has moved on to Geelong. When your attitude is the 'magic 10%', how to you recapture the 'fury' when your life becomes comfortable and you have proved yourself?

I understand he will be a good contributor/one of the better players at training...he is a talented player. But is he still up for going head-to-head against Kennedy, or Shuey, or Sidebottom etc.

Does anyone else feel the same as me or is all of the positive press we have been reading accurate?
While I share your concerns I'm not necessarily setting the benchmark for him to get back to his 2016 standard.
I think there should be some caution about if he has the required hunger and the fact that he was only given a one year deal would indicate as a club we have challenged him in that area.
I'm cautiously optimistic but I hope I'm also realistic in thinking that for a player like him attitude and work ethic are the determining considerations if he becomes a midfield force again.

Hopefully that we moved a number of distracted players on at the end of last season is a good warning to all players that it's time to get serious.