Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  128
Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Football Commentators

I'd love someone to come up with software or preferably an app whereby you could select a radio station on your phone and have an adjustable delay to available live radio commentary.

The TV action is always seconds later than what you hear on radio, but the delay varies.

That way, you could mute your Foxtel/Ch.7 broadcast irritants and listen to the broadcast crew of your choice, near enough to synced. ABC Radio is usually competent, plus you have the added benefit of maybe additional comments or info about the game when the others are doing ads.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    I don’t mind Daisy TBH but 7Sport will no doubt mould her into being mind numbing like the rest of her crew.

On that front, I am still waiting to hear if Hamish McLaughlin is capable of providing anything remotely insightful other than having mastered the art of being completely inane.

I always feel that much dumber having put myself through the torture of listening to their Friday Night Footy coverage.
    Given the limited numbers allowed into the grounds at the moment, Hamish is a complete waste of one of those spots. What's the point of him? I'd much rather they allowed an actual supporter like Irene Chatfield or that bloke with the chef's hat (sorry that I can't remember his name) who's been to every game since 1970 or whenever into the ground to watch the game in person instead.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Insufficient Intent View Post
    I'd love someone to come up with software or preferably an app whereby you could select a radio station on your phone and have an adjustable delay to available live radio commentary.

The TV action is always seconds later than what you hear on radio, but the delay varies.

That way, you could mute your Foxtel/Ch.7 broadcast irritants and listen to the broadcast crew of your choice, near enough to synced. ABC Radio is usually competent, plus you have the added benefit of maybe additional comments or info about the game when the others are doing ads.
    Not ch 7s watch
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Bruce McAvaney is so awful now. He's become a carton character footy groupie. Yappy, shrill, full of irrelevant information, plays favourites. He's hubris and hyperbole on steroids. Every half decent snap is a"miracle goal", decent tackles are always "crunching", hands are never less than "slick".
    I used to like Peter McKenna, Mike Williamson, Ian Robertson, Doug Heywood and Denis Cometti. VFA - I liked Ted Henry and Phil Gibbs Panel shows: Kevin Coghlan, Harry Sullivan, Tony Ongarello, Chicken Smallhorn and Ray Walker
    I really liked the team on Marngrook esp Gilbert McAdam and Ronnie Burns
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

5. Thanks Nuggety Back Pocket thanked for this post
    Likes I'm Not Bitter Anymore! liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    I really liked the team on Marngrook esp Gilbert McAdam and Ronnie Burns
    Gilbert McAdam got a crack on Ch7 recently as a boundary rider and was absolutely woeful, unfortunately.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Just watching the Carlton Essendon game
    The blokey b/s, my god
    The narrative of the “love tap” on Silvagni and defending a punch to the ribs is just appalling .
    Complete cheap shot that should never be defended

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Just watching the Carlton Essendon game
    The blokey b/s, my god
    The narrative of the “love tap” on Silvagni and defending a punch to the ribs is just appalling .
    Complete cheap shot that should never be defended
    It's unbelievable.

I think the Gaff smashing of a jaw was the pinnacle for mine. He did it, he meant it, everyone was climbing over themselves to suggest otherwise but if asked honestly anyone would agree you literally couldn't do what happened with the level of force that it occurred with without it being something Gaff meant to do.

Out of character at the time, sure. But not anymore for Gaff because it was done and it was done on purpose, just like Merret's hit on Silvagni.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Merrett is a little sniper so it was only a matter of time he got caught out.

A few years ago he was being mentioned in the same breath as Bont & Cripps, which looking back was ludicrous, so maybe the frustration of not hitting those heights has started to bubble over.

Playing for that ****stains would also do a person's head in.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Merrett is a little sniper so it was only a matter of time he got caught out.

A few years ago he was being mentioned in the same breath as Bont & Cripps, which looking back was ludicrous, so maybe the frustration of not hitting those heights has started to bubble over.

Playing for that ****stains would also do a person's head in.
    The other one that was being pushed into those discussions by his clubs supporters was Matt Crouch. He was dropped last week. Clearly not the same impactful type of player as the above mentioned three but the issues the other talents from that draft have had really highlight just how impressive the short careers of Bont and Cripps have been.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Insufficient Intent View Post

You don’t need an app. Press pause. 5 or 7 seconds later press play. You are now in synch with the radio broadcast.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

12. Thanks Twodogs, Insufficient Intent thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    You don’t need an app. Press pause. 5 or 7 seconds later press play. You are now in synch with the radio broadcast.
    Are you sure? Radio is live and well ahead of TV
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Are you sure? Radio is live and well ahead of TV
    I think most are listening to the radio broadcast via the AFL app anyway (rather than an actual radio) - which is delayed by the time it gets through.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    I think most are listening to the radio broadcast via the AFL app anyway (rather than an actual radio) - which is delayed by the time it gets through.
    ok, i didnt know it was delayed on the app
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Stupid commentary
    Kane cornes says hold my beer
    Reckons Merrett tried to tackle Silvagni
    Seriously ? Everyone tackles with a clinched fist

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Stupid commentary
    Kane cornes says hold my beer
    Reckons Merrett tried to tackle Silvagni
    Seriously ? Everyone tackles with a clinched fist
    Maybe It's because that's how everyone tried to tackle Kane that he thinks that's normal?
    "It's over. It's all over."