Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  91
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Carlton R5 2019

Round #1 - we are 40 points up half through the 3rd, our pressure was outstanding

Round #2 - all day defensive pressure was there, we kicked goals late to win but on balance we were the better team all day except for a few brain fades where we allowed them out the back

Round #3 - we don’t turn up, our pressure is lacking, we still manage 20 extra inside 50s but can hurt them due to a dysfunctional forward line, should have really won in the end with just a touch of composure

Round #4 - we go blow for blow with the Premiership favourite for 3 1/2 quarters after a five day break, our pressure and intensity can’t be questioned, we run out of steam late and again we pay a dear price for cheap turn overs

Round #5 - we get smashed on the inside, worst game our mids have played for a long time, that doesn’t represent what we have put out in the first four weeks, it’s an absolute train wreck (when we get half a sniff we can’t hit the side of a barn and to make it worse they make us pay directly from the point kick in multiple times)

For most of the first four weeks you can’t question our endeavour. Today was different. Did the players also think “what the hell was Bevo thinking with these sections?”. Let’s be honest, we were all bemused.

It’s never as good as it appears. It’s never as bad as it appears. Let’s see what happens next week!
    Last edited by angelopetraglia; 21-04-2019 at 10:28 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I can go all emotional and carry on about our losses, but 5 games in I am not ready to sack the coach.
    You dismissed the 2 JLT games and tried to shut down all negative observations on here because it was just practice games. Now almost a quarter of the way into the H&A season and the sample size still isn't big enough for you even though it's essentially the same problems with skills and decision making.

I'm not one to get all negative but you should be able to concede there are some troubling issues about the way we are performing and acknowledge why many are concerned? Sure there are some over the top comments but most of the others are very well made.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

This will cheer some of you up. I got a good laugh out of it.

https://twitter.com/CcSpondon/status...652899841?s=09

4. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Im of the opinion Dunkley is being ruined with this pinch hitting ruck rubbish. How do you get confidence when you are put in a position to lose on purpose ! Beggars belief. The irony of Fletcher Roberts and Lewis Young fresh and happy up in the player sponsors room before the game was not lost on me. Did Fletcher run over Bevos dog ?
    Why have fletcher on list if you don’t play him?.

The sooner we get 50 games into Lewis young the better he will be , If we don’t play him what a waste. Carlton was the ideal team to test lewis and improve his development

Are these 2 injured or something ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    Why have fletcher on list if you don’t play him?.

The sooner we get 50 games into Lewis young the better he will be , If we don’t play him what a waste. Carlton was the ideal team to test lewis and improve his development

Are these 2 injured or something ?
    Fetch has vanished since 2016. Kept on the list but never seen. Like Tom Campbell was.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I can go all emotional and carry on about our losses, but 5 games in I am not ready to sack the coach.
    I agree with your thoughts on Bevo. The responsibility for the Coach and MC or for that matter Recruitment should be the responsibility of the Director of Football, Chris Grant. We have now seen 3 years in the wilderness with little prospect of improvement.
    Strong Clubs refresh their MC, we have failed to do so. I get the impression that Bevo is a one man band which is an unhealthy position to be in. Clubs need a strong 2IC which is lacking at the moment. Recruitment is also questionable with something like 7-8 half back flankers making up the list at the expense of quality big men apart from English who still lacks experience and now Naughton. We have consistently played 3 players out of position in Wood Maclean and Richards. Wood is not a key defender but a good half back flanker and should be returned there. As Captain we need him to lead by example which isn’t happening right now. Richards has been forced from his natural defender role to try and accommodate the likes of Duryea and Suckling which is wrong. At the moment North Melbourne, Melbourne and the WB rank as the three weakest teams. St Kilda for example has clearly gone ahead of us.
    Our lack of height would suggest that both Trengrove and Schache should be recalled. Our defence was monstered today by McKay and Casboult largely caused by playing a far too short defence. All is not lost but we face a monumental task to get things back on track.

8. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's become a forum for something else as football is clearly only going to hurt us all again this year.

10. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bevo said in press conference when asked about Williams starting in midfield and Libba forward that that had happened earlier in the season but also interestingly that the midfield group was cooked in the last quarter against the Pies ? Hence players like Gowers and Williams to help out the others. Found this odd after a long break from last week. Is conditioning an issue?
    Last edited by Grantysghost; 22-04-2019 at 06:37 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Bevo said in press conference when asked about Williams starting in midfield and Libba forward that that had happened earlier in the season but also interestingly that the midfield group was cooked in the last quarter against the Pies ? Hence players like Gower's and Williams to help out the others. Found this odd after a long break from last week. Is conditioning an issue?
    I'm yet to listen. Sounds like a load of crap to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    I'm yet to listen. Sounds like a load of crap to me.
    I'm not sure what people expect an AFL coach to say in a presser, especially following a horrid loss. It's a lose-lose proposition.
    I listened, and what I took away was the colour almost draining from his face at the end when a journo asked about our poor conversion rate in front of goal, and the effect;especially when Carlton then would waltz downfield and score a goal.
    Bevo spoke about the impact and about wanting to address it.

Post Thanks / Like

Bevo said in press conference when asked about Williams starting in midfield and Libba forward that that had happened earlier in the season but also interestingly that the midfield group was cooked in the last quarter against the Pies ? Hence players like Gower's and Williams to help out the others. Found this odd after a long break from last week. Is conditioning an issue?
    Sounds like we are grabbing at straws. We are 5 games in with a healthy list. You should be very worried at the moment Bevo. I’m guessing your lucky that Smorgon is not running the show. It seems that Gorden Isn’t demanding perfection. Maybe Peters too busy to take a look st what’s going on at the kennel.
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    I'm not sure what people expect an AFL coach to say in a presser, especially following a horrid loss. It's a lose-lose proposition.
    I listened, and what I took away was the colour almost draining from his face at the end when a journo asked about our poor conversion rate in front of goal, and the effect;especially when Carlton then would waltz downfield and score a goal.
    The pause before he answered that goal kicking conversion question was telling

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    I want to address it. The coaches get paid to actually address it. Something they haven't done. So many coaches, so many years, yet nothing is improving. We need new coaches to improve the skills of current players, or new players who understand what our current coaches train. It's that simple. Our sport is about kicking goals through accuracy, and we are 18th for accuracy yet again.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Listened to Presser. Even more confused. Why would we see the need to rest our mids after a 9 day break? Why give the desperate Blues a sniff by playing Williams and Gowers as mids and leaving the likes of Libba forward? Why play such a young team? Carlton are young and we were 20 games per man on average less experienced.

We tried to be too cute and ended up with egg on our face.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper Bulldogs View Post
    Sounds like we are grabbing at straws. We are 5 games in with a healthy list. You should be very worried at the moment Bevo. I’m guessing your lucky that Smorgon is not running the show. It seems that Gorden Isn’t demanding perfection. Maybe Peters too busy to take a look st what’s going on at the kennel.
    Gordon should appraise Bevo as if his name were not Luke Beveridge, but rather Terry Wheeler. How would PG rate this year so far if the coaches name was Terry Wheeler?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023