Thanks Thanks:  98
Likes Likes:  1,022
Page 21 of 152 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303171121 ... LastLast

Thread: MRO Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Re: MRP Thread 2018

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Well, seeing as I need to spell it out for you, I think Hurn didn't need to tuck in when Honeychurch was in a vulnerable position. I think he had ample time to avoid potentially dangerous contact that is outside the rules of the game. At the very least he had enough time to put his hands out and soften the blow.

Sheesh. Why don't you just say "kick it properly".
    Sorry but I find the notion that Hurn should use his hands to protect another player going in recklessly to be ridiculous.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Sorry but I find the notion that Hurn should use his hands to protect another player going in recklessly to be ridiculous.
    Hurn came charging in with no intention to tackle. Just have a look at what he did to Macrae.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Fair enough. Why are you apologising for your opinion?

If Honeychurch has the ball but is in the same motion should Hurn bump like he did or tackle him?
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Motlop was an angry man on Sunday:

Steven Motlop can accept $1500 sanction, misconduct JMacrae & also $1500 sanction, misconduct ZCordy.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Has anything come of the punch that knock Adams mouth guard out?
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    Has anything come of the punch that knock Adams mouth guard out?
    I thought it was called striking...

Tom Rockliff, Port Adelaide, has been charged with engaging in misconduct against Marcus Adams, Western Bulldogs, during the fourth quarter of the Round 19 match between the Western Bulldogs and Port Adelaide, played at Mars Stadium on Sunday July 29, 2018.

In summary, he can accept a $1,500 sanction with an early plea.

Based on available evidence and a medical report from the Western Bulldogs Football Club, the incident was assessed as misconduct. The incident was assessed as a $2,500 sanction. The player can accept a $1,500 sanction with an early plea.
    How Hunter got a week earlier in the year for an open handed push but punches to the head get fines is beyond me.

7. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So is Gaff getting more, less or the same as Cameron?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    More.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    Very different types of incidents, and far worse.
    Gaff's incident is more similar to Tom Bugg's from last year - where he got 6 weeks. I think it was worse, and the outcome was worse, I think he will end up with 8 weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Very different types of incidents, and far worse.
    Gaff's incident is more similar to Tom Bugg's from last year - where he got 6 weeks. I think it was worse, and the outcome was worse, I think he will end up with 8 weeks.
    Gerard Whateley said this morning Gaff should get 12.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Gerard Whateley said this morning Gaff should get 12.
    Yeah, its been an interesting discussion. For those that didn't hear it, Whateley was saying that Barry Hall got 7 weeks - and the community attitude towards these sort of things have moved on significantly since Barry's punch - and that 12 is more appropriate now.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd put this one on the same level as Buggs. 6 weeks.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone else reckon Gaff was just trying to do the standard, chest/shoulder punch to get back at the tagger and just completely stuffed it up?

Doesn't excuse him and he deserves a long holiday because if you swing, you're responsible for the outcome but I honestly don't think his intention was to K.O. him with a strike to the jaw.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

15. Likes Testekill, Bulldog Joe, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Anyone else reckon Gaff was just trying to do the standard, chest/shoulder punch to get back at the tagger and just completely stuffed it up?

Doesn't excuse him and he deserves a long holiday because if you swing, you're responsible for the outcome but I honestly don't think his intention was to K.O. him with a strike to the jaw.
    Yep that was my first thought. He's played 175 games, never been suspended, never been fined, not even for wrestling. So to say it was out of character is an understatement. Physicality is not in his nature and often when people who it doesn't come naturally to try this sort of thing the result can be very messy.

I think he'll get 6 weeks with his clean record and he'll struggle with this for the rest of his career.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

17. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    No.

He's an elite AFL midfielder with outstanding reaction times and hand-eye coordination.
    AFL players do a fair bit of boxing training as well which is why quick punches (see Bugg on Mills) can do quite a bit of damage.
    I really don't think the 'accident' line holds much weight.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers