Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  114
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bulldogs V Bombers - Round 5, 12/4/24 Marvel Stadium 7.40PM AEST

The crap irony is Dons fired up after being called soft all week, we weak as an old teabag.
    So do we fire up next week?
    No, hope killed.
    I will take up golf.
    There's always next year.
    A dark day in FFC history like WCE pathetic effort.
    We have every reason to hope with our list, I fear Bont will need to wait a few years yet, a dusty path to another premiership.
    This ship is marooned and it gives me the flying shizenhausen!

Post Thanks / Like

Libba is my hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Libba decked by Stringer, on all fours, nobody does a thing.

A vision of our soulless footy club.
    Same happened with Harmes rd 1

Worst part for me tonight was the disintegration of our game plan.
    We had no answers when the real heat came.

English spoiled by Heppell was indicative of the difference in desire.

Really spiritless performance. I vacillate between not having the cattle and not having the gameplan / buy in to the message.

Maybe, just maybe... Its both.

We've got no injuries to speak of either.

Crikey, bad times ahead.

Where was Bont for long parts of the third quarter?

Post Thanks / Like

Channel 7 showing footage of Libba collapsing in the middle of the ground not long after the Stringer hit. Hope he's okay

Post Thanks / Like

Team were flat, and so are we.
    Highlighted by Bont and English. Do not know how we get killed out of the middle so often with the names we have in there. English dropped some sitters that he usually takes too.
    Have been impressed by Bramble and Bakers start to the year but gee they were both sloppy and costly.
    Gallagher quiet. Some bad goalkicking. Umps didn?t help.
    We?ve got some soul searching to do. Not sure whether there has been some faith lost with the coach by unsettling the group with his ?evolution?

6. Thanks Uninformed thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

How does our midfield lose Centre Clearances 10-16? At one stage it was 5-10? To this Esssendon midfield? How?

That started all their drive. Tim English just got monstered. The most disturbing part is Bevo saw it coming. He called it out in his presser. So we planned for it. He asked Tim for a big effort and he probably had one of the worse games I have seen him play. He was pushed around. He gave away a cheap free kick for the first goal. He dropped marks he normally takes. He wasn't physical enough in some critical contests.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    Channel 7 showing footage of Libba collapsing in the middle of the ground not long after the Stringer hit. Hope he's okay
    Gutless weak hit from Stringer. But they were doing it all night. How many bone crunching tackles did they hit us with tonight. When they had a chance to bury us they did.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Gutless weak hit from Stringer. But they were doing it all night. How many bone crunching tackles did they hit us with tonight. When they had a chance to bury us they did.
    How was it gutless?

Libba was open and he hit him hard, fairly though? no issue with that from me. How we responded was gutless.

10. Likes merantau, westbulldog, lemmon, chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    How does our midfield lose Centre Clearances 10-16? At one stage it was 5-10? To this Esssendon midfield? How?

That started all their drive. Tim English just got monstered. The most disturbing part is Bevo saw it coming. He called it out in his presser. So we planned for it. He asked Tim for a big effort and he probably had one of the worse games I have seen him play. He was pushed around. He gave away a cheap free kick for the first goal. He dropped marks he normally takes. He wasn't physical enough in some critical contests.
    How many times can we say the same thing about English though? The fact some still think he's worth anything above $700k is ridiculous. He won the AA role by default last year because many of the rucks were injured for periods of the year, or in the case of Gawn/Grundy, spent half the year cancelling each other out.

He's a midfielder trapped in a rucks body. He lets us down in the same way over and over again.
    W00F!

12. Likes Dry Rot, Bullies, merantau, G-Mo77, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cannot stand Geelong and Essendon and the Scott twins. Painful couple of weeks

Post Thanks / Like

Tim English

13 touches
    6 clangers
    Zero contested marks
    Frees for 0
    Frees against 3
    Hit outs to adv 4 (Goldy 7, Draper 5)

More importantly. Intangible fierceness and competitivness at the contest. Not seen all night.

15. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Warrnambulldog View Post
    Cannot stand Geelong and Essendon and the Scott twins. Painful couple of weeks
    I know someone who went to the same primary school as them. In my area. They were absolute renowned menaces and bullies. The person I know is still scarred from how they tormented him as a child. He was relieved when they got their scholarships to St Kevins and left the school early.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    How many times can we say the same thing about English though? The fact some still think he's worth anything above $700k is ridiculous. He won the AA role by default last year because many of the rucks were injured for periods of the year, or in the case of Gawn/Grundy, spent half the year cancelling each other out.

He's a midfielder trapped in a rucks body. He lets us down in the same way over and over again.
    Agree 100%. So we know that. How have we put ourselves in a position where we don't have one physical ruckman on our list. It is staggering.

If it would not destroy his value as free agent, I think he should be dropped for Lobb next week. Let Lobb give us some competitiveness like he did against Geelong in the last round last week.

18. Likes The Bulldogs Bite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    How was it gutless?

Libba was open and he hit him hard, fairly though? no issue with that from me. How we responded was gutless.
    The game is over. Libba is a sitting duck. He smashes him with a tackle from behind and whacks him across the vunreable part of his side/bacj near his kidneys it looked like to my naked eye. I have not seen a replay. To hit someone from behind doesn't take any courage, gutless may be too harsh. But it just wasn't necessary to try and harm someone in that way, especially when the game is over.

Post Thanks / Like

Our defenders were bloody awful under the high ball all night including English when he went down to help out. I think this aspect really hurt us which then put pressure on our small backs that continued their poor rebounding form of last week.

It was scary how bad we were after half time, we just had no weapons, no composure and absolutely no run from behind at all.

I cant see Bevo lasting much longer if the form continues, we have to make a move on him early there just is too much at stake in regards to list management to have a circus going into the end of the year. As we all thought a big few weeks ahead.