Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  25
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: RIP Phil Walsh

Post Thanks / Like

Re: RIP Phil Walsh

The person who has been hit the hardest is Phil's wife Meredith. Losing a husband and most likely losing a son for a very long time is a double whammy. My family's thoughts are with you.

2. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog, Twodogs, Max469 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Self confessed psychadelic drug enthusiast kills his father, attacks his mother, is found in a psychotic state, charged with murder....... And I'm committing some kind of Orwellian thought crime by pointing out that drugs lead to awful stuff more and more lately??

Come on guys, FFS! What suburbs are you living in?

4. Likes Doggy, chef, ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The world lost a great man today.

I never thought I would say this but I really feel for the players and fans of the Adelaide Crows.

The shock I felt when I heard Harf and Kingy announce the news on SEN as I was driving to work this morning cannot be put into words.

Rest In Peace Phil Walsh.
    Footscray member since 1980.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    Absolutely shocking news.

Reports coming out suggest the confrontation this morning was over his son's use of methamphetamine.
    Hope you are right. I've heard another explanation out of SA which I won't post.

Let's see what the cops find out.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    The world lost a great man today.

I never thought I would say this but I really feel for the players and fans of the Adelaide Crows.

The shock I felt when I heard Harf and Kingy announce the news on SEN as I was driving to work this morning cannot be put into words.

Rest In Peace Phil Walsh.
    Likewise. I was absolutely stunned, I think I actually said out loud "what the @#$%?" Just an incredibly sad event.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    Self confessed psychadelic drug enthusiast kills his father, attacks his mother, is found in a psychotic state, charged with murder....... And I'm committing some kind of Orwellian thought crime by pointing out that drugs lead to awful stuff more and more lately??

No you're probably on the mark I just think no one really wants to engage your discussion because a) most people are in shock and b) it's really a day for mourning. Besides, if you want to talk about the underlying issues that led to the murder, at least as far as I can make out, you'll need some discussion about mental health rather than one focused on the irrational actions of an ice fueled drug rage.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

9. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post

We hear you but given the seriousness of the news and because at the time it broke the facts weren't that clear I'd personally prefer our football community here on WOOF acknowledge the tragic circumstances of the news we heard this morning and just wait for the more of facts to come forward before passing our thoughts on to other members. In most instances it doesn't take too long for the facts to appear.

I'll acknowledge that as it's played out today most of us would have been very close to the mark with our initial assessment but I still believe when something is so serious speculation isn't the wise road to travel.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

11. Thanks The bulldog tragician thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a footy forum and the context of us knowing this murder victim is through footy, unlike other Aussies murdered every other day. Crime and society forums can discuss it, and police and courts do their job. A quiet dignity we can all show is focusing on the man, footballer and AFL coach and not the balance of supposition about societal issues. It's not thought police, it's many just want to process shock and look at Phil Walsh the footballer/coach. Can we just stick with this for the time being, or have another thread for those wanting to discuss societal issues? RIP Walshy.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

13. Thanks GVGjr, Twodogs, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot thanked for this post
    Likes Bulldog4life, bornadog, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Such very sad news.
    R.I.P Phil Walsh.
    Condolences to Phils wife,family and the Adelaide football club.
    It's a very sad world we live in today.

Post Thanks / Like

It's been a day this this news broke and I still feel sick in the stomach every time I think of Phil Walsh. This is sad, shocking and incomprehensible that someone could get to the point that they could murder their own father. I feel so sorry Phil Walsh's family and friends.

Rest in peace Phil.

Post Thanks / Like

Horrible. I feel for his family and loved ones, and all who have touched him over the years.

RIP Phil Walsh.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Referring to the fact that this is a discussion forum, so some speculation and obviously, discussion, should be allowed.
    Issue is though bulletin boards/forums are still subject to defamation laws, so what gets posted can get users into trouble

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    Issue is though bulletin boards/forums are still subject to defamation laws, so what gets posted can get users into trouble
    More so the administrators and owners of the forum can be exposed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    It's been a day this this news broke and I still feel sick in the stomach every time I think of Phil Walsh. This is sad, shocking and incomprehensible that someone could get to the point that they could murder their own father. I feel so sorry Phil Walsh's family and friends.

Rest in peace Phil.
    I still feel totally shocked. It takes a lot to shock me but this really did it. My thoughts are with his family and friends.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

I love Hawthorn & Collingwood last night, and GWS & Richmond this arvo ... The standing arm in arm around the centre circle.

#RESPECT
    WOOF Member 422

21. Likes N/A liked this post