Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eade on Fev

Post Thanks / Like

Eade on Fev

Last night on the Rocket and Robbo show on SEN, Eade was asked "would you trade your first pick for Fevola?"

"No. I very much doubt that"

This is a good thing.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Eade on Fev

The other thing that he said last night, was that he did not go to Mad Monday. He said that he had been last 2 years, but not this year.

I'm am not happy about this. It's ok to go out when things are going well, but when things get a bit tough, he doesn's show up.

I don't expect him to spend all day with the players, but he should have at least turned up for a couple of beers and then left the boys to party on.

Disappointing!!!!!!!
    For those who were always the underdogs and wore it as a badge of honour.

Post Thanks / Like

I actually think it's not a bad move to let the players unwind without the presence of their coaching staff. I'm sure they didn't mind.

Thanks for posting that Scooter. Agree that it's very good news. We need to keep that pick.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess the question this then raises, considering we have apparently spoken to Fev, what would we be prepared to offer?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by McMahon#23 View Post
    I guess the question this then raises, considering we have apparently spoken to Fev, what would we be prepared to offer?
    Ch 7 news last night reported that Ratten had told Fevola he would always be a Carlton player while he was coach.

Looks like Fev's out of reach for the next year and 13 rounds...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Ch 7 news last night reported that Ratten had told Fevola he would always be a Carlton player while he was coach.

Looks like Fev's out of reach for the next year and 13 rounds...
    It would have been an interesting ride to try and land Fev but in some ways I'm happy that he isn't coming.
    Eade mentioning that they wouldn't trade the first pick seems to be the right decision but there is a chance we would use that pick in the manner that SS has floated.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    It would have been an interesting ride to try and land Fev but in some ways I'm happy that he isn't coming.
    Eade mentioning that they wouldn't trade the first pick seems to be the right decision but there is a chance we would use that pick in the manner that SS has floated.
    It's got a romantic "save our problems with one trade" feel about it.But the truth is our problems go a bit deeper than just needing Fev. I think we need to be sensible, while trading fairly aggressively. It would be great to hold onto pick 5 or at least have a first round pick. I'm kind of glad all the Fev speculation can stop here...

Post Thanks / Like

I'd be stoked if we got Wood and Murphy.

If McMahon goes and we can get a late first rounder - That should hopefully get Wood. Not sure what Freo would want for Murphy.

I can't see too many players screaming to 'go home' or our fringe players getting anything of value. I'd love to get a hard nut mid-fielder but i cant see us spending that big.

I dont like Daniel Chick, but would he be worth a one year deal?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

no to murphy and chick.....he cant get a kick playing third tall forward at freo...just take 5 kids and plan (hopefully) to be in the gf 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    Last night on the Rocket and Robbo show on SEN, Eade was asked "would you trade your first pick for Fevola?"

"No. I very much doubt that"

This is a good thing.
    But he could very well offer next years 1st round pick..... this year teams are able to trade futur year picks as well I believe.
    Whilst it is a moot point considering Fevola will in all likelihood probably stay at Carlscum, it does perhaps mean that we could keep this years 1st round pick but perhaps consider parlaying a future 1st round pick if there was someone we were after.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    this year teams are able to trade futur year picks as well I believe.
    whats this Yankee?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    whats this Yankee?
    I was almost certain that clubs could for the first time this year offer up future year picks in trades. ie instead of offering a 1st round pick from 2007 draft, we could offer up a 2008 1st round pick.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad we won't be trading our first draft pick for Fevola, well, I don't want to trade anything for Fevola, but surely Carlton don't need another first rounder...how many do they want!?

We need to use that pick to find a player of our own, I don't want our team to become overtaken by traded players.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    I was almost certain that clubs could for the first time this year offer up future year picks in trades. ie instead of offering a 1st round pick from 2007 draft, we could offer up a 2008 1st round pick.
    mmm...very interesting to hear that, not sure whether it would be good to look that far into the future and trade away a 1st round pick from next year, considering if we finished last we would have pick 1.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    mmm...very interesting to hear that, not sure whether it would be good to look that far into the future and trade away a 1st round pick from next year, considering if we finished last we would have pick 1.
    Agree it's a gamble. Probably wouldn't happen, for this very reason. However it may help get a trade over the line if we were to throw in a future 2nd round pick to ice a deal.