Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  30
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cornes in The Age: The damning signs that show Beveridge is steering the Dogs off course

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    I?m not sure why, but something is screwy when I post, meaning quote marks ? are replaced by question marks ?
    I think it's the forums issue, I'm noticing it as well with ' and ? It might have something to do with copy and paste from other sites.
    I even had to fix some of the user names and their signatures.
    I'll get the tech guy to review it.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

2. Thanks The bulldog tragician thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cornes in The Age: The damning signs that show Beveridge is steering the Dogs off course

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I think it's the forums issue, I'm noticing it as well with ' and ? It might have something to do with copy and paste from other sites.
    Be something to do with the character set. Basically the source is using one that has characters this forum doesn't understand.

Try pasting into a middle man like word first or even notepad as it may strip the unknown characters.

Gaz you may want to extend the character sets the forum supports I think unicode 15 is the most recent.

4. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Every year Kane writes a negative article about Bevo
    90% old news too.

Post Thanks / Like

I?m not sure why, but something is screwy when I post, meaning quote marks ? are replaced by question marks ?
    Thanks. Ah-ha ha-I thought they are errors you?d picked up!! Eg wasn?t it from 7th not 6th we won premiership in ?16 etc. attributional errors about errors, must be a term for that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I use an iPad and it happens a lot.

Could it be the metadata tag at the top of the webpage needs

<meta ….. charset=UTF-8 >

8. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Likes macca, Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

@BT , If you copy from other websites, the character set encoding may NOT be interpreted in the quick reply field correctly. The source website and the "quick reply" field may have different character SETS encoding. A synonym in laymans terms, would be like using TimesRoman Font vs Symbols font.

Hello <-- times roman font

Hello <-- symbol font

One way to get around this is to copy and paste into notepad ( if your windows user) and then copy the notepad text , into the "quick reply" part.

10. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

@Danjul, I did not get to read your post , but your spot on, its the character set used by the webpage on woof = UTF-8

12. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn’t read it but probably not a false word in it.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh he's right!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JanLorMill View Post
    Didn’t read it but probably not a false word in it.
    Lol what? It’s not exactly Infinite Jest, maybe read it and then have an actual contribution?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

He might make some good points, but I?ll never know.

Can?t accept anything he says about the Bulldogs in good faith. Grant Thomas on the other hand, he has come out and suggested Bevo has stayed on a year too long.

17. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    He might make some good points, but I?ll never know.

Can?t accept anything he says about the Bulldogs in good faith. Grant Thomas on the other hand, he has come out and suggested Bevo has stayed on a year too long.
    It would be interesting to know what are the factors that Thomas considers ?
    It be a good insight to know .
    Given his gone through it himself and being replaced by Lyons

Nothing last forever in footy
    The industry changes and you need to adapt

people ARE dispensable in a corporate environment , as it’s performance based

Even Clarkson had his time end
    Roos knew he had his limit

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Lol what? It’s not exactly Infinite Jest, maybe read it and then have an actual contribution?
    Why? I bet many poo pooed the article without reading either because of the headline and who wrote it. I watched us play this year, last year and at least know the headline is true.

20. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Has Cornes written anything about port this week ? Its probably overdue an analysis on their fragility.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    Has Cornes written anything about port this week ? Its probably overdue an analysis on their fragility.
    He got stuck into them yesterday on SEN. He thinks Adelaide will finish higher on the ladder.

23. Thanks macca thanked for this post