Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  141
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Club Statement

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Club Statement

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I think he was right to have a crack to Morris but labeling him a gutter journalist, as much as he really is, didn't need to be said.
    Questioning his integrity is spot on but labeling him is what the others in the media have taken exception to.

I don't think the club should have paid any fine, Bevo's response a day later was more than sufficient.

As for the media backing their own, I hope they know we have long memories.
    Trying to exclude him from the press conference like he was in charge of it was one of the more delusional moments.

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...RxY6Sap9dbMhP4

I don’t think the full Wilson story has been posted?

The Bevo meltdown even featured on Media Watch! Before an item on the courageous Russian journalist who invaded a news report to protest the war and associated propaganda, risking her freedom and who knows what, to do as her conscience dictated. Brings the Bevo spat into perspective.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

3. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...RxY6Sap9dbMhP4

I don’t think the full Wilson story has been posted?

The Bevo meltdown even featured on Media Watch! Before an item on the courageous Russian journalist who invaded a news report to protest the war and associated propaganda, risking her freedom and who knows what, to do as her conscience dictated. Brings the Bevo spat into perspective.
    I couldn’t believe it was on media watch, let alone the opening piece. Yes Bevo overstepped the mark but surely it is not that significant that it needs to be a lead item on one of the flagship programs on our National Broadcaster. Those spots are generally reserved for the likes of Blot, Rabid dog Kenny and their ilk. As for Wilson, Lyon and other footy media types they are just hypocrites of the highest order - love dishing it out but can’t handle a return of serve. As for accusation that this has been brewing for awhile we’ll that is just speculation of the highest order just to stir some controversy.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought Bevo was fairly measured - no swearing, no raising his voice - but shouldn't have gone as far as he did. Frustration clearly fed into the incident.

The praising of other journos like Sam Edmund and Riley Beveridge who do the right thing (ie call the comms manager before putting the story out) is lost. Journos have taken all of the nuance out of it.

Either way, he did take heat off the playing group for the week. Machiavellian play by Bevo is some respects.
    Ash Hansen coaches Carlton this week and he knows us very well so Bevo's going to need to pull out a trick or two.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

6. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Should’ve posted the thing from the Game Day thread in here. Anyway - Bevo clearly wanted to get his shit in at the press conference (don’t think that he just came up with “gutter/muck raking journalist” given how many times he said it) and was probably further annoyed by our performance, but the refusal of the media to let the story die off despite all of the players having moved on kind of sums up the issues with the content mine which is part of what annoyed Bevo so much in the first place.

Like - the Classified crew asking if he’d apologised to Morris personally, as if the public apology somehow was the softer way to do it? How does someone who isn’t trying their hardest to flog a dead horse even come up with that?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Must say, I am not a Robbo fan, but really like the way he came out in defence of Bevo on AFL 360, which is a FOX show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aK0RfrVjPU
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Must say, I am not a Robbo fan, but really like the way he came out in defence of Bevo on AFL 360, which is a FOX show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aK0RfrVjPU
    Hold on GD. I think you will find Robbo was very quick to write an article questioning Luke’s state of mind, asking does he need help.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Hold on GD. I think you will find Robbo was very quick to write an article questioning Luke’s state of mind, asking does he need help.
    Thanks Abob. Really? That's funny, because he says in this interview that people were over the top to question Luke's state of mind..
    1:47 mins " There's been some hysterical reaction, like he needs mental health and stuff..."
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Thanks Abob. Really? That's funny, because he says in this interview that people were over the top to question Luke's state of mind..
    1:47 mins " There's been some hysterical reaction, like he needs mental health and stuff..."
    Yeah him and Carro were pretty quick to pen columns or get on talk back radio. In the actual clip you posted he mentioned he wrote an article.

Keep posting GD.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Yeah him and Carro were pretty quick to pen columns or get on talk back radio. In the actual clip you posted he mentioned he wrote an article.

Keep posting GD.
    Thanks Azbob. That's pretty bipolar. what a flip flop. Because that article was behind a paywall, I can't read it.
    How he survives as a journalist I have no idea.