Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
We were hobbled by a choice that needed to be taken. Imagine what the picks we had at our disposal plus the picks we accumulated to secure points could have done in terms of trading and then drafting (my imaginations says pretty much FA, but go for your life).

I'm not unhappy about where we are, however, I am starting to wonder whether Power is a tactical operator rather than a list building strategic operator - and then I look at the results.

Power had a very good period last year, because there was a ruck who we would play available and an A-grade mid available who nobody really wanted and needed to be waited on to secure. Which he did, and gets points for that.

But what about talent that wasn't handed to him?

2019 - Keath, Bruce, Butler, Garcia and Weightman (9/ 10)
2020 - Hannan, Martin, Treloar, JUH and Bedendo (7.5/ 10)
2021 - O'Brien, Darcy and TBC (I won't judge purely on trade period as drafting etc. is very important)

His body of work is excellent (and I have taken avoiding deficits into account). There's no stepping around it, it is excellent. However, it isn't perfect and unless a ruck pops up that none of us were expecting to pop up his trend might be going downwards pretty quickly.
Very Harsh Jee