Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  140
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 8 vs Hawthorn

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Be a very tall, very slow team.

Lobb goes out again, what a complete bust.

Have we ever recruited a good tall forward from another side?

Barry Hall maybe it.
    when Lobb defeated us a couple of years ago he did not ruck. Just led, marked and goaled.

Not how we are using him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
    It has been clear for a long time that fast ball movement is not the same as fast runners.

Fast teams set up for space so they can receive the ball without pressure and then run. If they are tackled while running they usually break through. Space and the way it is used is at least 50% of our problems.
    My point is still correct. Having those four make us slow with ball movement and speed.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Out : West (if suspended but think he may just cop a fine), Weightman, Lobb, Harmes, Gallager
    In : Clarke (Debut), Jamarra, Libba, Sanders

Post Thanks / Like

I'm anti making changes like bringing in Poulter for guys who basically offered up what Poulter offers up. I'd prefer to get games into into the right guys rather than the cycle of dropping guy who inevitably fails a bit due to higher standard for guy who kills it at lower standard.

In- Marra, Keath, Libba,
    Out- Lobb, Buku, Cody, Harmes

ThenFreijah and/or Clarke (if we are confident they can cover ground needed at AFL level) for Daniel and Gags. Gags first to survive.

If we play Daniel in the VFL, I want to see him in the role he is most likely to play at AFL level. He is a hard one to judge with clear strengths and weaknesses but I'd like to see a stint forward.

Post Thanks / Like

Clarke to debut. Clarke to annoy the living piss out of Blake Hardwick and get belted in the goolies. Clarke to take his 50m, slot a goal, and smirk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
    Clarke to debut. Clarke to annoy the living piss out of Blake Hardwick and get belted in the goolies. Clarke to take his 50m, slot a goal, and smirk.
    Well I think we found Clarke's Mum's account.
    "It's over. It's all over."

7. Likes bulldogtragic, hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
    Love the plan but… Hardwick is playing forward.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

So if Cody is out for the year. We need to swap Arty straight in. Enthusiasm, goal smarts and a longer view going forward He is now my project player.

Libba and JUH back are huge. I?m upset like everyone but we are just one game out of the. 8 and a third the way into a long session.

So Weightman out - Arty in
    I?m sticking with Buku
    Lobb out JUH in
    MaCrae out - Libba in
    VDM out.Sanders back in
    Doc stays. He with Jones are the level heads and we need him to free up Dale, JJ

I would also like to move ADZ to the wing as we n Ed his speed and would free him up. Libba and Garcia to rotate 70/30 midfield/forward

Post Thanks / Like

I want to throw the baby out with the bath water.

We are not going to be a competitive team against anything other than average/mediocre teams with probably half the team we had in on Saturday night at their current state. We have a few of those who will improve with further development but the game has moved past a few and if we are to get anything out of the year it?s time to act quickly.

Our draw gets real tough after the next 2 and if we are going to fail, we need to fail differently.

11. Likes Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Because some genius tried to be too cute at the trade table and traded our first rounder can we really afford to make the sort of changes that might risk us bottoming out?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Because some genius tried to be too cute at the trade table and traded our first rounder can we really afford to make the sort of changes that might risk us bottoming out?
    Only if Tim leaves as his compo will be tied to our finishing position (well the pick after the one we give GCS). If we sign him, then we are in trouble.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

West is 100% out. We have accepted the week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Only if Tim leaves as his compo will be tied to our finishing position (well the pick after the one we give GCS). If we sign him, then we are in trouble.
    What would be even cooler is to have Tim sign and also have a first round pick.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    West is 100% out. We have accepted the week.
    We seem to be the only club that won't fight suspensions. His was more innocuous than a lot of others that we see overturned each week. Really disappointed that we are not fighting this.
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    What would be even cooler is to have Tim sign and also have a first round pick.
    I’m with you. If we can’t turn this ship around, it’s going to be dumpster fire this off season. Just how bad, well, that’s to be seen.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023