Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  39
Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Game Day Round 9, 2017 - Geelong V Western Bulldogs

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    You're better than me mate. Couldn't stand listening to the cheer squad anymore. Switched it off
    Me too as soon as the siren went
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok Cloke or Redpath boys? When Roughead returns to partner Boyd in the ruck I cant see us playing all of them.

Post Thanks / Like

On a positive note I was really pleased with Tom Boyd' game. He took a big step forward tonight.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anfo27 View Post
    On a positive note I was really pleased with Tom Boyd' game. He took a big step forward tonight.
    20 disposals, 2 goals, 33 hitouts

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Ok Cloke or Redpath boys? When Roughead returns to partner Boyd in the ruck I cant see us playing all of them.
    Redpath is a good VFL footballer. Had a chance to make it less than a goal with plenty of time and stuffed the set shot. He has one job: convert chances. If he can't do that, he's useless to us.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Easy. It was a legal tackle when he dropped the footy. You pay the first free kick first, whats so hard to understand about that?
    It's the same as when a legal tackle slips above the shoulders and a player has their head ripped off. Even if the player drops the footy before the high contact the free for too high will be paid.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Redpath is a good VFL footballer. Had a chance to make it less than a goal with plenty of time and stuffed the set shot. He has one job: convert chances. If he can't do that, he's useless to us.
    You were making up excuses for an easier shot from Boyd earlier in the game. It happens, bad kixking is bad football. It was heart breaking seeing them ram it home from 45 to outside 50m consistantly.

Post Thanks / Like

They get EVERYTHING down here..!

Catching train home just shaking my head the whole way. The Murphy holding the ball decision was an ABSOLUTE STINKER!!!!!

I had a woman behind me actually chastise me for her foot being crushed because I stood up to celebrate a goal, and when I sat down, she'd let it drift between my fold up seat and backrest when I sat back down.

When I stood up and applauded our goals in the third, I (and my mates) was continually told to "siddown!."

I relish the opportunity to do this mob in September... If we get there..! Need to extract the digit and play four quarters..

Post Thanks / Like

Mate sitting next to me on the train just said to me, "I haven't been treated like that in Adelaide, Perth or Sydney - ever!"

Geelong's a rough, rough, insular little city. A trip down here turns a team that you might've had no problem with into a team you will openly despise!!! It's a rough little town filled with some very backward, unlikable people!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    This was a poorly selected team without any height on the backline. Roberts and Cordy should have played. We played Taylor back into form as a forward.
    Our selection was fine. Look back at each of Taylor's goals and tell me hat playing an extra tall would have prevented them. It was our running backs who got us back into the match.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

We lost this game with a bad 2nd quarter - not even one point kicked . The ball spent the whole time in their F50.

Post Thanks / Like

Very disappointed once again is all I can say.

We simply lost this game because we did not play 4 quarters. The 1st and 3rd quarters from us were very good but the 2nd was absolutely woeful. The 4th term we did a bit more compared to the 2nd but not enough of what we did in the 3rd which was our best of the night.

12.9 with our kicking is an improvement and Dickson was a big help in that area.

Players I thought who did well: Wallis, Jong, Wood is a great intercepter, Bob although that fumble at the end of the 2nd was Unmurph like. Dale, Williams were alright. Smith was ok as well.

Overall very disappointed the result and losing for the 2nd week in a row on a Friday night. We are back at home next week at Etihad and must get a win there before the bye and go 6-4.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

13. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    We lost this game with a bad 2nd quarter - not even one point kicked . The ball spent the whole time in their F50.
    51-48 inside 50 in their favour tonight so relatively even but yeah just could not get anything going our way that quarter. Had we played that 2nd quarter like we did the 3rd we probably would have won tonight.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

In fairness Cloke had Selwood holding the ball. If the umpire heard my reaction to that decision he would of paid 2 50m penalties.
    He did. It was at least an 85 metre penalty

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    ahh Clay Smith. Ive had enough of us kicking it long to him over the top. It doesn't work surely the players have worked that out by now. Actually surely the coaches have work it out too?

We lack leadership in the big moments there is no doubt about that.
    Every opposition team has worked it out and park 3 intercept markers deep in defence. We won a premiership be dropping our eyes and hitting targets. Now we've gone back to long bombs to Snake.

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I saw it as a definite in the back. Given Selwood didn't dispose of the ball properly Cloke didn't need to get into his back at all, but did, because he's not very smart.
    Thought Selwood sucked the umpire in and fell forward. Cloke had nowhere else to go.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    This was a poorly selected team without any height on the backline. Roberts and Cordy should have played. We played Taylor back into form as a forward.
    Disagree. From memory none of their goals came from marks where they outsized their opponent, almost all came from spillages around the 45m mark or from centre clearances.

Adams and Wood dominated the air, as demonstrated by their main big man Hawkins doing stuff all.

Our selection was poor because in a game where their only strength is their midfield, we failed to counter that effectively. In hindsight Libba would have been good for that, despite his shite form, and McLean is another who seems to have a knack of influencing ball ups, including at crucial stages of the match.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right