Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  105
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Beveridge v Morris in the court of public opinion

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Hutchy looking to garner public support.
    He should come back into the media but IMO he hasn't done this penance yet nor has he completed some of his rehabilitation.
    He needs another football season out of the limelight in my opinion but it's a done deal and they're are going to pair him with Sarah Olle to give the perception of a softer persona.

I won't be listening to him but he deserves to come back as it was never going to be a long term sentence.
    Can you share more on this point?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Can you share more on this point?
    My understanding is he was to do a number of behavioral type courses and a couple of them are still to be completed.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

If you were a serious organisation he wouldn't get past a reference check. He made sexist homophobic remarks about a colleague. Gross.

I also noted that Eddie McGuire's son was reporting for Channel 9 Sport last night. How good is nepotism!!!

4. Likes azabob, bornadog, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Watch Hutchy try and push him into Bevo's path.

He probably needs a bit more time out, however I don't think his actions were that heinous that he should be shunned forever.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    If you were a serious organisation he wouldn't get past a reference check. He made sexist homophobic remarks about a colleague. Gross.

I also noted that Eddie McGuire's son was reporting for Channel 9 Sport last night. How good is nepotism!!!
    Nepo babies have to work thrice as hard once they're in the door though, right?
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I don't think anybody has forgotten it, least of all Morris himself. It (rightly) cost him a very handsome high paying and high profile TV gig - I doubt very much that his SEN gig will be anywhere near as lucrative or as high profile.

As apologies go, his was sincere, full of remorse and shame, and totally accountable. He did the crime and he wore the consequences without playing the mental health card so fancied by others (obviously there are those who genuinely suffer from mental health, but I daresay not all who act and behave disgracefully can't help but do so because they are suffering from mental health).

I don't have a problem with him getting another chance after doing his penance, but then I don't really care because I've almost 100% ceased devouring the AFEL media and I am a virtual non-consumer of SEN.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

8. Likes chef, GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Nepo babies have to work thrice as hard once they're in the door though, right?
    Tom Browne says hi….like a twat
    "You always own the option of having no opinion. There is never any need to get worked up or to trouble your soul about things you can't control. These things are not asking to be judged by you. Leave them alone" - Marcus Aurelius

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post

Kane Cornes son also get a gig on SEN. I hate that I know this…
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

His comments were revolting and deeply personal rather than silly. Would any of us get another gig in the same industry after an incident like this, “penitent” or otherwise? I don’t feel he is owed anything by the industry after “doing his time” and I’m constantly bemused at the idea that anyone would need a bit of re-education to realise what is unacceptable.

But we see this time and again - Wayne Carey welcomed back into the fold after multiple family violence assaults, but his possession of white powder was a bridge too far.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

12. Thanks jazzadogs thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog, aker39 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    His comments were revolting and deeply personal rather than silly. Would any of us get another gig in the same industry after an incident like this, “penitent” or otherwise? I don’t feel he is owed anything by the industry after “doing his time” and I’m constantly bemused at the idea that anyone would need a bit of re-education to realise what is unacceptable.

But we see this time and again - Wayne Carey welcomed back into the fold after multiple family violence assaults, but his possession of white powder was a bridge too far.
    I think second chances are good, Dani Laidley is a great story for example after doing what many would consider far worse things.

The AFL industry has embraced her and that’s fantastic; albeit the cynic in me that I push down deep questions some folks motivation.

People are people and make mistakes. Let’s hope he learns, or crosses Bevo in the toilet at the Brownlow!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I think second chances are good, Dani Laidley is a great story for example after doing what many would consider far worse things.

The AFL industry has embraced her and that’s fantastic; albeit the cynic in me that I push down deep questions some folks motivation.

People are people and make mistakes. Let’s hope he learns, or crosses Bevo in the toilet at the Brownlow!
    What jobs has Dani gotten since her stalking charge in 2020 (6 months into a gender transition and the middle of Covid)? The public narrative has forgiven her and generally people would understand she was probably going through some pretty rough times but aside from occasional club events it seems like there's not really any similar benefit to her.

Tom just revealed himself to be a dickhead which should be enough that I don't have to see him again but that's unthinkable to other dickheads who'd hate to think they could lose anything by being a dickhead.

15. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hutchy looking to garner public support.
    He should come back into the media but IMO he hasn't done this penance yet nor has he completed some of his rehabilitation.
    He needs another football season out of the limelight in my opinion but it's a done deal and they're are going to pair him with Sarah Olle to give the perception of a softer persona.

I won't be listening to him but he deserves to come back as it was never going to be a long term sentence.
    What timeslot are they going to be on.

While we are talking about jobs for boys, I see Eddie McGuire's son in on Ch.9 news
    For those who were always the underdogs and wore it as a badge of honour.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aker39 View Post
    What timeslot are they going to be on.

While we are talking about jobs for boys, I see Eddie McGuire's son in on Ch.9 news
    I think it's a lead in on Sundays to the footy coverage so probably 10 to midday
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I think it's a lead in on Sundays to the footy coverage so probably 10 to midday
    Do people really still listen to SEN?

My advice - just avoid it all and come here. Vote with your dials! Actually I don't mind Raph Epstein. Also the Quiz! Anyone else that used to be addicted to the ABC quiz at midnight? My old man and I would stay up to battle it out and laugh at the regulars who really just wanted to give shout outs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post

I don't have a problem with him getting another chance after doing his penance, but then I don't really care because I've almost 100% ceased devouring the AFEL media and I am a virtual non-consumer of SEN.
    Welcome aboard mate - it's a lovely place to be.

20. Likes Sedat liked this post