Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  26
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bailey Smith opens up on how he turned his life around since

So many red flags in that piece. Just not just specifically for Bailey, but for all AFL footballers starting their journey and especially those who quickly gain fame. So much for them to take in and adjust too. You can see how it easily goes to their head.

It does sound like he has turned a corner. But saying something, then actually doing it and being committed to it for a sustained period of time are two different things.

2. Likes Sedat, Dry Rot, josie, ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    It does sound like he has turned a corner. But saying something, then actually doing it and being committed to it for a sustained period of time are two different things.
    Yeah...the words are great but given his profile and social media base you have to wonder how long things can stay on the straight and narrow path. Overall it's great to see him saying all this stuff but right now he's like a rock-star who has been sequestered in some remote studio recording his latest album but in a few days time he's going to leave for a world tour...(aka the season will start and real stress will need to be dealt with).

I wish him nothing but the best - seems like a great young bloke.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

4. Likes Sedat, Dogs 24/7, DOG GOD, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Yeah...the words are great but given his profile and social media base you have to wonder how long things can stay on the straight and narrow path. Overall it's great to see him saying all this stuff but right now he's like a rock-star who has been sequestered in some remote studio recording his latest album but in a few days time he's going to leave for a world tour...(aka the season will start and real stress will need to be dealt with).

I wish him nothing but the best - seems like a great young bloke.
    He certainly knows the right words to say.
    "You always own the option of having no opinion. There is never any need to get worked up or to trouble your soul about things you can't control. These things are not asking to be judged by you. Leave them alone" - Marcus Aurelius

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    He certainly knows the right words to say.
    Yes. He is an articulate young man. He has had good counsel. He knows what is right and wrong. But almost all of us know what is right or wrong. He has great self awareness, which isn't easy, but many of us get to that spot.

An analogy. Many overweight person know that they are too heavy. They know they need to lose weight. Even those who make a massive effort to change their lifestyle and eat properly. That is two massive ticks. Self awareness. Tick. Conscious decision to make a change. Tick. Not everyone gets past those two steps. Change is hard.

However the last step is the hardest by far. Execution under stress. When is the litmus test? You are stressed. You didn't sleep well the night before. You are rushed in the morning. You miss breakfast. You are now starving. Someone offers you a chocolate glazed donut. Do you eat the donut? Change is hard.

Let's see how Bailey goes when confronted with the "donut".
    Last edited by angelopetraglia; 14-03-2023 at 08:19 PM.

7. Likes josie, jazzadogs, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck to Baz. There may be slip ups along the way but mass adulation does strange things to people of all ages. Sometimes fatal. And damn the haters.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm still struggling with the rock bottom comment, to be honest. However, that mightn't be attributable to him.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I'm still struggling with the rock bottom comment, to be honest. However, that mightn't be attributable to him.
    Apparently he was front page of the HUN.

So young for such life affirming moments. He mentioned his ocd a couple of times I notice.

More contested ball I like.

Last edited by Grantysghost; 14-03-2023 at 10:16 PM.