Thanks Thanks:  22
Likes Likes:  171
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tip Rat Green Straight to Tribunal

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanette54 View Post
    Obviously the tribunal should have given themselves a week while they were at it. By not handing out a suspension for the Bonts incident, they were in fact condoning Greene's behaviour.

No wonder he took it as licence to continue to indulge in such tactics.

Shades of the Ablett fiasco with repeated head high contact charges.
    I don't think that is on the tribunal, who can only adjudicate on the case put before them.

The first week was contrived with the AFL Counsel only seeking a fine. The Tribunal had nowhere else to go.

Michael Christian has circumvented the AFL contrivance by imposing the suspension forcing Greene to actual be tried on the evidence.

The fallout from this will probably mean a new MRO next year with Christian stepping aside citing personal reasons.

Those personal reasons will actual be "Personally Pushed Out by AFL Hierarchy for challenging the Status Quo"
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    I don't think that is on the tribunal, who can only adjudicate on the case put before them.

The first week was contrived with the AFL Counsel only seeking a fine. The Tribunal had nowhere else to go.

Michael Christian has circumvented the AFL contrivance by imposing the suspension forcing Greene to actual be tried on the evidence.

The fallout from this will probably mean a new MRO next year with Christian stepping aside citing personal reasons.

Those personal reasons will actual be "Personally Pushed Out by AFL Hierarchy for challenging the Status Quo"
    Exactly what happened, but shows the AFL are a disgrace with pushing for a fine last week. The attack on Bont was worth at minimum 4 weeks or more.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Not me. I don't mind Collingwood. I would just about barrack for any organisation on the face of the earth over GWS and Toby Greene.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    I dislike GWS. I hate the way Greene conducts himself on the football field. However I hope that he gets off and that they defeat Collingwood.

My hatred for Collingwood runs far deeper than any hate for the plastics or Greene. I would barrack for the Pyongyang Pelicans against Collingwood.

4. Likes bulldogtragic, 1eyedog, hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For several challenging months last year I played golf at Eagle Ridge on the peninsula. The Don there was a silver crisp walrush mustachioed and haired Bulldog supporter ( there was a lot of Bulldogs supporrters at the club).
    He said he had employed several Bulldogs players in his wool industry and the only he ever sacked was Leon Cameron, for not showing up because of a lover.
    Maybe Cameron isn't innocent as he looks
    Last edited by BornInDroopSt'54; 20-09-2019 at 04:19 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

If anyone can understand any of the above can you please let me know?
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

7. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    For several challenging months last year I played golf at Eagle Ridge on the peninsula. The Don there was a silver crisp walrush mustachioed and haired Bulldog supporter ( a coven of them, most Irish).
    He said he had employed several Bulldogs players in his wool industry and the only he ever sacked was Leon Cameron, for not showing up because of a lover.
    I have no idea what you just said but I’m playing eagle ridge this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post

If I were Michael Christian I'd be walking away regardless.

The AFL undermined him earlier this year with their limp wristed approach to Ben Stratton's citing/referral and again last week.

10. Likes GVGjr, bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For several challenging months last year I played golf at Eagle Ridge on the peninsula. The Don there was a silver crisp walrush mustachioed and haired Bulldog supporter ( a coven of them, most Irish).
    I worked with Greg Miles dad at a sheep skin shed in Laverton in the early '80s. I think his name was Stan, he was a nice bloke.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Ban upheld. GWS without their 2 best players. Go Pies-smash the plastics!!

13. Thanks 1eyedog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I worked with Greg Miles dad at a sheep skin shed in Laverton in the early '80s. I think his name was Stan, he was a nice bloke.
    Greg Miles the race caller? He was there to call the sheep melee as practice for calling horse races.
    You can tell a man by how he plays golf, footy or handles sheep skins or for that matter how he posts or sticks his digits in another's face.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Ban upheld. GWS without their 2 best players. Go Pies-smash the plastics!!
    My heart breaks for them... May Roughead enjoy winning another prelim over them.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Greg Miles the race caller? He was there to call the sheep melee as practice for calling horse races.
    You can tell a man by how he plays golf, footy or handles sheep skins or for that matter how he posts or sticks his digits in another's face.
    That's the guy. Of course this being the early '80s he was Bert Bryant's off sider back then.

At a place called Gathercole's in Laverton
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Why do people hate Collingwood? In the old days because The Magpies were strongly Catholic and the Catholics had wealth and different opinions so people distrusted them., Collingwood FC also got money from sly grog. So people hated them.
    My generation hated them because they got unfair amount of the best players and we had to sell some good players to stay afloat. So we hated Collingwood
    Collingwood hatred is historically based on Protestant v Catholic in early Melb. Catholic Irish v English Prod's. Catholics owned hospitals, convents and schools and gave succour to the poor in the north east square from the CBD including Collingwood, East Melbourne (where I was literally born) and Fitzroy.
    They still have major real estate there like St Patrick's Cathedral where my parents married. Serious real estate. I have heard opinions of Catholucs that include: "Hate the bastards, guns under the pews! Filth! Magpie maggots."
    Then there is my Bulldog generation: "Carlton, Essendon and Collingwood get the best players, hate them."

Greene is quite brilliant as a player. He deserves his stage and far out is he a stager?
    With Greene it's all about intentions.
    Do I intend to kick this goal? Yes I do and I nail it
    Do I intend to plant my studs into Dahlhaus' face? Yes I do and I nail it!
    Do I intend to attack Bont's face? Yes I do and I nail it!
    Greene is Ben Cousins in apprentiiship. I hope not but it sticks out like the dangling testicles of a dog. Stay off the ice Toby.
    Anyone who doesn't quite follow the above I'll add some notes.
    I've added sentences to be clearer. I word process with thumbs on tabloid.
    Last edited by BornInDroopSt'54; 20-09-2019 at 04:30 PM.

18. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    My heart breaks for them... May Roughead enjoy winning another prelim over them.
    Roughy has my blessing too. Usually do not take an interest in a player once they leave us however still enjoy seeing Roughy and Hamling do well.

20. Likes Max469, cinder, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I hate giving Barrett credit but he's bang on with his criticism of how the AFL & GWS handled it. The fact is that the AFL not even charging Greene for gouging Bont basically made him think it was okay to do if you attempt to hide it and GWS constantly defending and standing up for Greene has meant that there aren't any real punishments for his actions.