Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Giansiracusa named Assistant Coach of the Year

Maybe it was a handsomeness contest?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

2. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That voting system seems flawed, to say the least. Comparing votes from Bulldogs players/coaches to votes from each individual teams players/coaches - so if you wanted someone to win you just all give them 10/10, average score of 20/20, can't be beaten.

I had assumed that it was somehow voted on by other coaches across the comp, not that it would have made any more sense that way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    That voting system seems flawed, to say the least. Comparing votes from Bulldogs players/coaches to votes from each individual teams players/coaches - so if you wanted someone to win you just all give them 10/10, average score of 20/20, can't be beaten.

I had assumed that it was somehow voted on by other coaches across the comp, not that it would have made any more sense that way.
    Would that be your response if Matty Boyd won it for Collingwood?

I tease, I tease...……

Gia was probably the smartest player of the era in which he played for us, and if allowed to play in the midfield his entire career would have been a multiple All Australian. He was small and slow, but so so much better than just about anyone on the park. I agree that he needed supply to make him effective as a forward and that made him less effective in finals than other players of his ilk, but he still held his own. Probably the most underrated Bulldog for mine.

Given how smart he was it's no surprise he's highly rated internally. There's not really another way to rate the assistant coaches than the way they are now. I can't see a club choosing to malign other coaches in favour of one and the players being in on it when it comes to voting.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

5. Likes Max469, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Would that be your response if Matty Boyd won it for Collingwood?

I tease, I tease...……

Gia was probably the smartest player of the era in which he played for us, and if allowed to play in the midfield his entire career would have been a multiple All Australian. He was small and slow, but so so much better than just about anyone on the park. I agree that he needed supply to make him effective as a forward and that made him less effective in finals than other players of his ilk, but he still held his own. Probably the most underrated Bulldog for mine.

Given how smart he was it's no surprise he's highly rated internally. There's not really another way to rate the assistant coaches than the way they are now. I can't see a club choosing to malign other coaches in favour of one and the players being in on it when it comes to voting.
    Haha nah I like Gia and am happy for him that he won, and happy that he is at the Dogs. He seems to have slotted in well to the broader VFL coaching role, rather than specific line coaching in the seniors. Just questioning the value of the award overall.

Post Thanks / Like

Well done Gia.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

So according to C7 news tonight Collingwood had to let go one of their assistant coaches Dale Morris a couple of months ago due to the corona virus and clubs having less money in their footy department spend this year! It was mentioned inside a wider story about the AFLPA making funds available to assistant coaches who are struggling for money after being let go by their club. Dale was interviewed and I'm pretty sure they were confusing him with Matthew Boyd but Moz was too nice to point their mistake out.

They finished with telling us that his ex club had come to his rescue and found him a job in the marketing department at Whitten oval!
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    So according to C7 news tonight Collingwood had to let go one of their assistant coaches Dale Morris a couple of months ago due to the corona virus and clubs having less money in their footy department spend this year! It was mentioned inside a wider story about the AFLPA making funds available to assistant coaches who are struggling for money after being let go by their club. Dale was interviewed and I'm pretty sure they were confusing him with Matthew Boyd but Moz was too nice to point their mistake out.

They finished with telling us that his ex club had come to his rescue and found him a job in the marketing department at Whitten oval!
    Moz the charlatan was just angling for two pay checks.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Gia has been poached by the Bombers interesting move .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pickenitup View Post
    Seriously?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Well i guess thats one way to get us to shake up our assistant coaching group, lose them to inferior teams.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pickenitup View Post
    Just saw it on the AGE.

Didn't see that one coming.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah we’ve been crying out for coaching changes and to bring in big name recruits. Seems the only way we can do it is by another club poaching from us initially.

15. Likes Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Coincidence he gets voted assistant coach of the year and then leaves?

Post Thanks / Like

Oh I hope Dunks doesn’t love Gia.....

Is this some ploy to help bring him over?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Oh I hope Dunks doesn’t love Gia.....

Is this some ploy to help bring him over?
    Certainly seems like bombers are doing everything they can to lure dunks....his brother, now Gia
    I will never see #16 the same!!