Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  50
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Woofer Insight

For any new woofers or current woofers to chime in. Hopefully there will be more favourite finals moments to come.

These are the questions again

Updated categories very slightly so for any woofers who have answered can add that in.

Your train/tram/bus or general car route to the footy:

When you started supporting the Bulldogs approx:

Where do you sit for Bulldog home games:

Favourite Current Bulldog Player(s):

Favourite Footy Ground(s):

Favourite WO moment in your time as a supporter (doesn’t necessarily need to be an actual game there)

Favourite Bulldog H&A win in your time as a supporter -

Favourite Bulldog final moments:

Current Bulldog players from your school:

Not current Bulldogs players that went to your school:

Most Hated Team(s)

Your Local Footy Club and how many flags they have won:

Other Teams You Support:
    Last edited by Eastdog; 22-09-2020 at 07:07 PM.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Your train/tram/bus or general car route to the footy: Car

When you started supporting the Bulldogs approx: Birth

Where do you sit for Bulldog home games: Aisle 36 P1

Favourite Current Bulldog Player(s): Libba

Favourite Footy Ground(s): Spotless Stadium

Favourite WO moment in your time as a supporter (doesn’t necessarily need to an actual game there): KT's 15 and the Fight back.

Favourite Bulldog H&A win in your time as a supporter - Knocking off Essington in round 21 of the 2000 Season.

Favourite Bulldog final moments: Macrae's goal in the Prelim and Picken's mark in the Granny.

Current Bulldog players from your school:None

Not current Bulldogs players that went to your school: Most of the Geelong FC (St. Joeys in Geelong)

Most Hated Team(s) Geelong

Your Local Footy Club and how many flags they have won: Growing up Newtown and Chilwell (Stevens Hocking coached us), 9 Premierships. I played in 1 of them.

Other Teams You Support: Womens Brazilian Volleyball Olympic Team
    Last edited by 1eyedog; 22-09-2020 at 07:28 PM.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

3. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post

Your train/tram/bus or general car route to the footy: Car

When you started supporting the Bulldogs approx: Birth

Where do you sit for Bulldog home games: Aisle 36 P1

Favourite Current Bulldog Player(s): Libba

Favourite Footy Ground(s): Spotless Stadium

Favourite WO moment in your time as a supporter (doesn’t necessarily need to an actual game there): KT's 15 and the Fight back.

Favourite Bulldog H&A win in your time as a supporter - Knocking off Essington in round 21 of the 2000 Season.

Favourite Bulldog final moments: Macrae's goal in the Prelim and Picken's mark in the Granny.

Current Bulldog players from your school:None

Not current Bulldogs players that went to your school: Most of the Geelong FC (St. Joeys in Geelong)

Most Hated Team(s) Geelong

Your Local Footy Club and how many flags they have won: Growing up Newtown and Chilwell (Stevens Hocking coached us), 9 Premierships. I played in 1 of them.

Other Teams You Support: Womens Brazilian Volleyball Olympic Team
    Yeah not too far away from me 1eyedog. We have probably walked passed each other without knowing. I’m in Level 1 Aisle 34. Great seats where we are and the atmosphere very good. Next year will be different but hopefully in 2022 will be able to sit in our reserve seats again. Would be great to do a woof catch up at some point at the footy.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

5. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Your train line to the footy when you take the train: Live in Ballarat when in Oz.
    When you started supporting the Bulldogs: After watching the Doco ' Year of the Dogs'.
    Favourite Current Bulldog Player(s): Caleb Daniels, Bont, Aaron Naughton.
    Favourite Footy Ground(s): Whitten Oval

Favourite Bulldog final moments: 2016 GF win and the 2016 PF wins.
    Current Bulldog players from your school: None. But my mother used to work at Monivie as a special ed teacher, where Liam Picken went to school.

Most Hated Team(s): Too busy loving the Bulldogs to worry about other clubs.
    Current Local Footy Club and how many flags they have won: Hamilton Kangaroos Footy Club. 16 as Hamilton, 6 as Imps, amalgamated as the Kangaroos.
    Other Teams You Support: None
    Last edited by Ghost Dog; 23-11-2020 at 06:25 PM.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

7. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    What has you over in China, GD?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    What has you over in China, GD?
    Hey Comrade
    I teach art and design over here. I'm a TAFE-level teacher working in International schools here.
    I was in Australia in Febuary and usually spend several months of the year in Australia.
    But Covid has thrown a spanner in normal life and it was chaos this year.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

10. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Hey Comrade
    I teach art and design over here. I'm a TAFE-level teacher working in International schools here.
    I was in Australia in Febuary and usually spend several months of the year in Australia.
    But Covid has thrown a spanner in normal life and it was chaos this year.
    Yeah been a crazy year. Hopefully things can get back to some normalcy in 2021. Do you have an international Bulldog membership pass GD?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    She's a long time between drinks from now until our first pre-season injury, so why not ...

Your train line to the footy when you take the train: Yeah nah, walking distance.

When you started supporting the Bulldogs approx: As a pup in the deep disconsolate depths of the early 80s

Favourite Current Bulldog Player(s): Head says Jack Macrae, heart screams Libba, hopes pinned on Baz Smith.

Favourite Footy Ground(s): Whitten Oval & Willie Cricket Ground

Favourite WO moment in your time as a supporter: That sweet, resounding final siren in the '16 prelim, as much for Libba's reaction than anything else.

Favourite Bulldog H&A win in your time as a supporter - Impossible to overlook this one, for the moment, and confirmation the tide was turning, fast.

Favourite Bulldog final moments: Wiping the stars from my eyes watching the Bont do as he freakin' pleased in the '16 2nd semi versus the reigning premiers. It began to feel real.

Current Bulldog players from your school: Zero

Not current Bulldogs players that went to your school: Shagga Corcoran, Paul Satterley, Robert Bloom!

Most Hated Team(s) Esserdon, comfortably ahead of Melbourne, the Handbaggers and GWS.

Current Local Footy Club and how many flags they have won: Norf technically and stuff them.

Other Teams You Support: New Jersey Devils, and anyone who beats Esserdon.
    I was in Williamstown on Sunday. I drove past that ground and can certainly see how cold it must get there in the winter with that Antarctic wind.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Eastie - you should get to a game one day when the wind is blowing a gale to one end. The whole quarter can be played on the same half fwd flank for the whole 2 hours. One of the most frustrating venues for the Twos!

14. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Your train/tram/bus or general car route to the footy: V-Line from Broadford to Southern Cross

When you started supporting the Bulldogs approx: Late 1950's

Where do you sit for Bulldog home games: No reserved seat

Favourite Current Bulldog Player(s): The Bont, Libba. Favourite Old players EJ and John Jillard.

Favourite Footy Ground(s): Western Oval, however Colonial/Etihad/Marvel is great comfort wise.

Favourite WO moment in your time as a supporter (doesn’t necessarily need to be an actual game there) The final siren in EJ's last game, May 1970. To loose that one would have been unthinkable.

Favourite Bulldog H&A win in your time as a supporter - The game against the Bombers where we kicked 21 consecutive goals. Still have that one recorded.

Favourite Bulldog final moments: 'Dale Morris's grand final tackle on Buddy, with Tom Boyd's subsequent goal. JJ's run and pass to The Bont, and Clay Smith's big hit on Ryan Griffin and Caleb Daniel's resulting goal Prelim 2016.

Current Bulldog players from your school: Nil

Not current Bulldogs players that went to your school: Presume Nil. We had a terrible football team

Most Hated Team(s) Essendon, Carlton, GWS

Your Local Footy Club and how many flags they have won: Strath Creek doesn't have one.

Other Teams You Support: Australian cricket team, Triple 8 Red Bull Racing & whichever F1 team has an Australian driver.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

16. Likes EasternWest, 1eyedog, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Your train line to the footy when you take the train: Mernda, sometimes if I want a change will catch Upfield.

When you started supporting the Bulldogs approx: 50+ years ago

Where do you sit for Bulldog home games: Level 2

Favourite Current Bulldog Player(s): Mitch & Dunks

Favourite Footy Ground(s): W Oval and Marvel

Favourite WO moment in your time as a supporter: Round 10 1984 when Gubby Allen kicked across goal. Got chased home by Collingwood supporters that day.

Favourite Bulldog H&A win in your time as a supporter - Round 21 2000 beating Essendon.

Favourite Bulldog final moments: 2016 Prelim best game I have been too. Then the 2016 GF. Both monumental occasions.

Current Bulldog players from your school: None

Not current Bulldogs players that went to your school: Geoff Jennings Peter Munro

Most Hated Team(s) GWS, Essendon

Current Local Footy Club and how many flags they have won: West Preston Lakeside. Lots

Other Teams You Support:
    I bleed Red,White & Blue

18. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Smads57 View Post
    Hi Eastie - you should get to a game one day when the wind is blowing a gale to one end. The whole quarter can be played on the same half fwd flank for the whole 2 hours. One of the most frustrating venues for the Twos!
    Yeah would be an interesting experience to watch Footscray play there against Willy. Certainly will consider that Smads57.

Post Thanks / Like

Will give this a bump. Good insights. For any woofers who are new or want to contribute to the thread.

Post Thanks / Like

Seeing we have a lot of new woofers joining this is a good thread to bump.

22. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Your train/tram/bus or general car route to the footy: 2 days

When you started supporting the Bulldogs approx: Day I was born, 1977

Where do you sit for Bulldog home games: I wish

Favourite Current Bulldog Player(s): Bont, Libba, English, Naughty

Favourite Footy Ground(s): Anywhere The Scraggers are playing

Favourite WO moment in your time as a supporter (doesn’t necessarily need to be an actual game there): Chris Grant's first game

Favourite Bulldog H&A win in your time as a supporter - That Essendon thumping from a few years back

Favourite Bulldog final moments: GWS Prelim win, never thought I'd see the day Our Doggies made a Granny

Current Bulldog players from your school: Libba, Rhylee West, Mitch Wallis (ret), Lachie Hunter (recently traded)

Not current Bulldogs players that went to your school: A tonne.

Most Hated Team(s): Essendon, Pies, Blues, Hawks, and all the rest

Your Local Footy Club and how many flags they have won: Parkside, Flemington Juniors

Other Teams You Support: Calgary Flames, Denver Broncos, Toronto Raptors and BlueJays