Thanks Thanks:  67
Likes Likes:  321
Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253 LastLast

Thread: The Chad Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Chad Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I think he is a gun and would have been a great get but it’s not like we lost everything by not getting him , pick 7 is still an excellent position to have as a replacement. To me either way we don’t lose.
    Yeah for sure im glad we resigned a few like Wally as he I believe is an important part of the package. A pick within the top 10 especially in this draft is really good. We need just to keep developing our forwards well so they can make the most out of the opprotunities. Billy Gowers great get being our highest goal kicker this season. I liked glimpses of what Fergus Greene showed this year. Josh Schache got better as the year went on and marked well as is a decent kick at goal. Pat Lipinski also showed good signs up there.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Reading the last part of this thread, it kind of sounds like the logic of the well known philosopher, Billy Madison talking to himself:

BM1 (Last Week: Wingard interest) Wingard is better than Pick 7; I go with the first pick and clean the hair!

BM2 (This Week: No Wingard Interest & lazy rumours) No Wingard is not! Pick 7 is better; I leave the young hair silky and smooth!

BM1 (Wingard deal not done yet, maybe better than Pick 7) Oh, really, fool?!

BM2 (Wingard not happening at all) Really!

BM Stop lookin' at me, Sam Power!
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

3. Thanks chef thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn't realise Chad has a 5 year deal with the Hawks.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Didn't realise Chad has a 5 year deal with the Hawks.
    That was the fact the meeja forgot to mention at the time. Everyone was so busy idolising Graeme Wright and talking Hawthorn up as the greatest club ever invented they didn't have time to check and tell anyone about that.

It takes Chad through to his early 30s so Hawthorn will get the benefit of his best playing years.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

6. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting read.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...25-p50buu.html

Not sure whether this guy's head is in the clouds or if he's unfairly maligned.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Interesting read.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...25-p50buu.html

Not sure whether this guy's head is in the clouds or if he's unfairly maligned.
    Whichever one it is, it's a problem I am glad we don't have.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Whichever one it is, it's a problem I am glad we don't have.
    It's a couple of Port affiliated media nuffies trying to justify the shocking situation of one of Port's absolute best U-25 players being traded out of the club for no real reason other than they over-paid for Watts, Rockliff and Motlop 12 months earlier, following on from Dixon and Hartlett getting fat contracts. All this 'Wingard sook' commentary is without foundation and fuelled by nobody other than Cornes and Tredrea.

This is a total mess by Port. Wingard will absolutely star at Hawthorn for 200 odd games and 8+ years.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

10. Likes Go_Dogs, Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    It's a couple of Port affiliated media nuffies trying to justify the shocking situation of one of Port's absolute best U-25 players being traded out of the club for no real reason other than they over-paid for Watts, Rockliff and Motlop 12 months earlier, following on from Dixon and Hartlett getting fat contracts. All this 'Wingard sook' commentary is without foundation and fuelled by nobody other than Cornes and Tredrea.

This is a total mess by Port. Wingard will absolutely star at Hawthorn for 200 odd games and 8+ years.
    ...and Crows fans. Don’t forget about them. Never have I seen Crows fans push back with jealousy and Tall Poppy syndrome so hard on a player. They really didn’t like that Wingard was at Port and openly disliked the Crows.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post

But what about his crippling Fortnite addiction?

Nothing that comes out of the SA media can be held in any esteem.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    But what about his crippling Fortnite addiction?

Nothing that comes out of the SA media can be held in any esteem.

My boss is addicted to Fortnite, she banned her kids from playing it and then thought to herself "I wonder what the attraction is..." and now it's "oh I can't come in today, something has come up" " so where is Kay today?" "She's at home playing Fortnite we think"

Post Thanks / Like

I would think it’s a mix of things, as it usually turns out to be. Why everything has to be so polarised I’m not sure. That Port has mishandled their cap looks likely to be true, that Wingard would frustrate leaders and club coaches is just as likely.

Post Thanks / Like

Fact is, he hasn't played that well past two years. So it's a bit early to say he's going to set Hawthorn on fire.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Fact is, he hasn't played that well past two years. So it's a bit early to say he's going to set Hawthorn on fire.
    I think if they can get him to work his arse off he'll be good for them. The competition year on year has more and more players doing more and more to get the best out of themselves and be the best professionals they can be. If the Chad wants to be truly elite then he has to do more work more often, otherwise he'll be behind physically to the extent his talent will only ensure he is a middling to good player rather than an elite one.

He's clearly good enough, and with the right attitude and physical application he'll be a freak for Hawthorn.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I think if they can get him to work his arse off he'll be good for them. The competition year on year has more and more players doing more and more to get the best out of themselves and be the best professionals they can be. If the Chad wants to be truly elite then he has to do more work more often, otherwise he'll be behind physically to the extent his talent will only ensure he is a middling to good player rather than an elite one.

He's clearly good enough, and with the right attitude and physical application he'll be a freak for Hawthorn.

He has roughly the same chance of making it as Stringer. This is the big year, if he *!*!*!*!s this first year up then forget it he will never make it or he could come out and absolutely blow the competition apart.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    He has roughly the same chance of making it as Stringer. This is the big year, if he *!*!*!*!s this first year up then forget it he will never make it or he could come out and absolutely blow the competition apart.
    He really has never had a season close to being as bad as Stringer. Not sure why we are comparing the 2 now