Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  34
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: JJ Signs deal for 5 years

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Who cares ! But I guess now the Media will start speculating and watch Barrett say we will go broke and it will rip the club apart etc etc
    I care.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I had a feeling it was coming We need some positive news and now time to play a debutant this week. Everyone needs to remember JJ's first 2 months was excellent many players on our list have struggled all year.

3. Likes GVGjr, chef, soupman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Who cares ! But I guess now the Media will start speculating and watch Barrett say we will go broke and it will rip the club apart etc etc
    If it's $650K per year, Barrett won't be speculating about anything. That's a fair price and I'd imagine it's unders compared to what his manager was hoping to squeeze out of the market.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I care.
    Why ? We have no control over it. It is what it is , its not our business.
    Quite funny how going back no one cared who got what as long as the players stayed now we have been manipulated by the media speculation in the last few years about how much money etc etc , boils down to the club offered what they thought was reasonable and the player signed.
    I hate how the media makes a story out of a story , these journalists are sports journos not money managers , stick to the sport not personal stuff. Just say he signed for 5 years and leave it at that . The AFLs job to watch wages not their business or ours.
    I certainly wouldn't want my wage all over the papers .. Attracts robbers etc.
    we have become " nosey parkers" :-)
    Bring back the biff

6. Likes strebla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes!! Great news. JJ resigns now for him to have a great game on Sunday and we have a good win hopefully.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Now let's come and kill us some Carlton. A real bulldog team effort of manic pressure. For four quarters this week.
    Yep hoping that happens on Sunday.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Brilliant news

Post Thanks / Like

Hooray! Some good news finally!

Hopefully this can be a turning point for us
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

11. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great stuff JJ. Now get back to playing bloody good footy.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

13. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    Great stuff JJ. Now get back to playing bloody good footy.
    His form has not been great recently so hopefully now he gets it back.

Post Thanks / Like

Sensational news. Some people have short memories. He is a unique player. Nearly impossible to replace.

In the prelim he was instrumental in the crucial play of the game in the last quarter with the line bursting speed that resulted in a team lifting euphoric goal. When no one could find any space in the GF he kept running and creating. Without JJ we don't win the Premiership.

16. Likes ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So if we believe the media, now JJ is staying, Jake Stringer must be leaving then.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Fantastic news. Well done on getting the deal done.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    So if we believe the media, now JJ is staying, Jake Stringer must be leaving then.
    If anyone believes the media they need their head read.
    I think they put 100 stories out to make you read them and only one is right.
    All about click bait they get paid for how many read the stories , wrong or right doesn't come into it , have you ever seen an AFL journalist apologise for a wrong story ??
    They are too busy gloating over the one they got right and forget the rest.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Why ? We have no control over it. It is what it is , its not our business.
    Quite funny how going back no one cared who got what as long as the players stayed now we have been manipulated by the media speculation in the last few years about how much money etc etc , boils down to the club offered what they thought was reasonable and the player signed.
    I hate how the media makes a story out of a story , these journalists are sports journos not money managers , stick to the sport not personal stuff. Just say he signed for 5 years and leave it at that . The AFLs job to watch wages not their business or ours.
    I certainly wouldn't want my wage all over the papers .. Attracts robbers etc.
    we have become " nosey parkers" :-)
    Completely agree, why should we worry about their salary.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.