Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  43
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Our game plan / style / tactics are solid

It's our execution that lets us down and costs us games.

Hear lots of doom and gloom from dogs supporters but we are on the right path

2. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Our game plan / style / tactics are solid

Long way off with regards to personnel too.. some need time, others not quite up to it.

Post Thanks / Like

And thats why we continue to languish in the bottom half of the eight for the 3rd year straight. Everyone at the club must believe "our game plan/stye/tatctics are solid and its just execution letting us down. Cant wait for 2020 it will be just our execution that will cost us again.

5. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    And thats why we continue to languish in the bottom half of the eight for the 3rd year straight. Everyone at the club must believe "our game plan/stye/tatctics are solid and its just execution letting us down. Cant wait for 2020 it will be just our execution that will cost us again.
    Does that mean that you think there is a problem with our game plan? Our skill level is at times atrocious, especially once we get near the goals but we smashed the pies today everywhere except where it matters most

I think our game plan was pretty bad 2 years ago, improved last year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Does that mean that you think there is a problem with our game plan? Our skill level is at times atrocious, especially once we get near the goals but we smashed the pies today everywhere except where it matters most

I think our game plan was pretty bad 2 years ago, improved last year.
    Skill levels (besides goal kicking) are also pretty good. We are number one for DE% and 2nd only by a few to Collingwood in Effective disposals. We just have to nail they set shots. Really inexcusable today.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

8. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Skill levels (besides goal kicking) are also pretty good. We are number one for DE% and 2nd only by a few to Collingwood in Effective disposals. We just have to nail they set shots. Really inexcusable today.
    So we are #1 for DE% and high up for effective disposals, and yet in another thread you dismiss our coaching/game plan being the issue for being 5-8 this season. Sounds an awful lot like the players are adhering to the game plan as set out by the coach, but the results are sub-par.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    So we are #1 for DE% and high up for effective disposals, and yet in another thread you dismiss our coaching/game plan being the issue for being 5-8 this season. Sounds an awful lot like the players are adhering to the game plan as set out by the coach, but the results are sub-par.
    They are adhering to a good game plan, but we are not finishing off well.

Collingwood kicked 4 behinds today, we kicked 13, the majority were shots at goal. I can excuse Lloyd's 3 snaps, but the set shots from 30, 40 metres out no - not good enough.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

There's a game plan? There's a mess that is made less messy because we have a heap of kids with a lot of talent. The coaches box is a food fight. Bevo needs new sounding boards ASAP.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

12. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A goal kicking plan would be nice. We dont have much issue it getting opportunities - it is what we do with them. The 2nd quarter we really should have kicked more goals than we did and the 3rd quarter is where I think we lost it.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

14. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting. I walked away today thinking the opposite. With the squad we've got and the talent available to us, it feels like we aren't far off but our coaches haven't been able to deploy their strengths in a way that gives us enough of an advantage on the scoreboard.

16. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Interesting. I walked away today thinking the opposite. With the squad we've got and the talent available to us, it feels like we aren't far off but our coaches haven't been able to deploy their strengths in a way that gives us enough of an advantage on the scoreboard.
    Good call SoS, I think we have a strong enough list but we are just lacking some refinement with our skills.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Good call SoS, I think we have a strong enough list but we are just lacking some refinement with our skills.
    Agree on the strong list, but still think we lack a couple of key posistion players to straighten us up and get the ball inside 50 without the over possession.
    If we are not going to kick it to Naughton one out, play him back and recruit a key forward next season.

19. Likes boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Agree on the strong list, but still think we lack a couple of key posistion players to straighten us up and get the ball inside 50 without the over possession.
    If we are not going to kick it to Naughton one out, play him back and recruit a key forward next season.
    No doubt we say we are missing a fit Tom Boyd but we must have known it was a strong chance he might not recover from his injuries and we should have been looking to make a move last year.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

21. Likes KT31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Very Early in the game a friend said Grundy is going to win this game too.

He suggested:
    Naughton to the backline, English to the forward line, Trengove to the ruck.

Didn’t happen.

Naughton scored 1 behind,
    English was killed,
    Trengove had a good game

Would the moves have made a difference, I suspect so.

23. Likes boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m wondering if we have a lack of leadership across the park. Players who calm and focus guys like Boyd Snr, Murph and Moz did/do. I personally think our LT lead by example rather than display onfield leadership and direction which is sorely missed with the runners taken away.

That and I often can’t figure out what our game plan actually is....