Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  119
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Where's the pain ?

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    97 and 09 hurt way more for me. But the disappointment tonight is greater. We need to be better. No denying that. We’ve got a lot of work to do this off-season but we’ll never get tonight back. Laid a big fat stinking egg. Covid has thrown up all sorts of shit and this is another weird one. Never seen a gf performance like it. It’s why I’m putting an asterisk on this season

For me.

This is way way worse.

We had it in the bag a fair chunk of that third qtr and they arsed a few goals to entries.

Dogs fans are really taking it well it's a little offputting.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Worst day in my 42 years as a member.
    Not even close. In 1989 we nearly died. I though our club was gone. In 1997 we lost the unlosable. In 1998 we rocked up to the MCG as favourites on home soil with all the learnings of 1997 and we got flogged. In 2009 we lost another agonising Prelim. In 2010 we were up against the same team at HT and got blown away in the third quarter.

At the end of 2014 our CEO, Coach and Captain all departed and it felt like the entire club was imploding. There appeared to be no hope.

Things are never as good as the appear. Things are never as bad as they appear.

3. Thanks chef thanked for this post
    Likes Max469, Eastdog, FrediKanoute liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Josie.

We were so much better this is all horseshit.

WHAT THE FK WENT WRONG?

Where was Libba, Naughts, Bont et al.

Why are we so happy to be second best?
    I’m not happy to be second best. It sucks. Our much vaunted midfield let us down big time in a similar manner to Bombers match however tonight’s loss was I think in part being outclassed by some star players and lack of a competitive ruck combo. Macrae, Libba and Bont are all guns but none of them are quick.

5. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    I’m not happy to be second best. It sucks. Our much vaunted midfield let us down big time in a similar manner to Bombers match however tonight’s loss was I think in part being outclassed by some star players and lack of a competitive ruck combo. Macrae, Libba and Bont are all guns but none of them are quick.
    Line up our mids against theirs we win.

Post Thanks / Like

At this moment, I so wish I wasn't so invested in football. It's a hell of a lot more painful than joyful.

Part of me says I need to delve into other areas so that a day/week/month/year isn't tarnished by what my footy club does. The other part of me is thankful for a distraction from a pretty difficult year.

I think what hurts most is we were 19 points up and had them on the ropes. Then we just... Rolled over. I'm not sure how that's possible? I've never seen anything like it from halfway through the third to the final second. Hell, take out the last quarter if you want, the capitulation in the third was horrifying.

I'm not sure if I'll have the year off from posting on here or use the forum to cope. It's a weird feeling at the moment.
    W00F!

8. Likes Sedat, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Worst day in my 42 years as a member.
    Just glad we couldn’t be there, think that takes a bit of the edge off it.
    94 and 97 still really hurt, however after this really shit period we all needed a win.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Line up our mids against theirs we win.
    It doesn't matter what anyone will say. It isn't going to mend your pain at this moment. I feel your pain. None of know why the the third quarter capitulation happened in the manner it did. A few things went their way. They got a sniff. They played some amazing football. They could not miss. Everything worked for them for whatever reason.

However, what is a brutal fact is that Melbourne midfield has had their way with every other team for the entire season. They smashed Brisbane, Geelong and us in three finals. Every top four team they met in the home and away season they met the challenge. They are a great team. They only lost four games for the season. They deserve their Premiership.

11. Likes josie, Bullies, FrediKanoute liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    At this moment, I so wish I wasn't so invested in football. It's a hell of a lot more painful than joyful.

Part of me says I need to delve into other areas so that a day/week/month/year isn't tarnished by what my footy club does. The other part of me is thankful for a distraction from a pretty difficult year.

I think what hurts most is we were 19 points up and had them on the ropes. Then we just... Rolled over. I'm not sure how that's possible? I've never seen anything like it from halfway through the third to the final second. Hell, take out the last quarter if you want, the capitulation in the third was horrifying.

I'm not sure if I'll have the year off from posting on here or use the forum to cope. It's a weird feeling at the moment.
    Agree TBB, Ive never seen a capitulation like it.

Apparently good for some on here, for me..probably the worst day in my living dogs history (apologies to those who are ok with it)

Post Thanks / Like

Agree TBB, Ive never seen a capitulation like it.

Apparently good for some on here, for me..probably the worst day in my living dogs history (apologies to those who are ok with it)
    I don't think one person on this forum is OK with it. We are all hurting. Hurting badly. We all just deal with pain and hurt differently.

14. Likes josie, Bulldog Revolution, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am gutted.

I feel sick.

I want to vomit.

I don't know what to say; what do i say?

We had it.

My pain is flowing from every Bulldogs orifice in my body.

This is worse than Prelim losses.

I'm struggling with my DOGS identity.

At first I thought you were drunken rambling and pissed off

The more I've sat here and sobered up the more I'm getting pissed off

hwo the *!*!*!*!ing *!*!*!*! did we let these *!*!*!*!ing campaigners kick 100 in a quarter and a half of football? HOW THE *!*!*!*! IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE? Like seriously, what the *!*!*!*!. What the actual *!*!*!*!?

I'm so lost for words I don't even know where to begin. I know our backline is SHIT but 100 in a 40 minute stretch? What the *!*!*!*! happened with us mentally? I just don't get it

I want *!*!*!*!ing answers from teh club.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

16. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Here’s the Glass half empty…

I’m certain in 1961 people thought that we’d get a few other cracks at it soon enough.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    At first I thought you were drunken rambling and pissed off

The more I've sat here and sobered up the more I'm getting pissed off

hwo the *!*!*!*!ing *!*!*!*! did we let these *!*!*!*!ing campaigners kick 100 in a quarter and a half of football? HOW THE *!*!*!*! IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE? Like seriously, what the *!*!*!*!. What the actual *!*!*!*!?

I'm so lost for words I don't even know where to begin. I know our backline is SHIT but 100 in a 40 minute stretch? What the *!*!*!*! happened with us mentally? I just don't get it

I want *!*!*!*!ing answers from teh club.
    It looks awful on paper, feel awful in the guts.

I’m never going to watch the replay, so will rely on others to unpack it all but those quick goals out the guts late in the 3rd were a knock out blow. The bloke’s literally dropped their heads. They knew they’d stuffed it and had nothing left. Bitterly disappointed in that, especially for Bont, Roarke and Adz who when the heat was right on, stood up and took their chances.

I have a few fingers to point, will unload, respectfully, in the appropriate thread.

Post Thanks / Like

Just saw a video of the bastards mocking us post game. That’s going to change my feelings pretty quickly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Just saw a video of the bastards mocking us post game. That’s going to change my feelings pretty quickly.
    There is nothing like arrogant displays to redirect the focus.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Bunch of pig scum flogs.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

22. Likes SonofScray liked this post