Thanks Thanks:  56
Likes Likes:  433
Page 55 of 92 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ekers

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    L-Jizz just got a 2 year contract extension. The big question is whether or not his outstanding month of footy makes him ineligible for eker status - if he can revert to spudness again in 2018, his hot form will be one of the biggest sleight of hand tricks since Keyser Soze.
    Jessie White played some good footy too, I still think he is comfortably an eker.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

L-Jizz just got a 2 year contract extension. The big question is whether or not his outstanding month of footy makes him ineligible for eker status - if he can revert to spudness again in 2018, his hot form will be one of the biggest sleight of hand tricks since Keyser Soze.
    We will see how he goes over the next few weeks. He didnt do much yesterday but held Redpath to not much.

Post Thanks / Like

A good eker knows when to turn it on though. Liam showed the dog just enough of the fox to eke out another two years. He can relax for 18 months now.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

I love this thread. Thanks Rocco for launching it. There's some great reading here and some very sharp observations.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

I get the feeling his Eker status is inextricably linked with the ongoing success of Brendon Bolton and the latter's ability to keep the positive vibes and strong improvement of the Carltank Football Club trending upwards.

Sure, one might understand a slight release of the throttle from the Jizz man post his recent extension (I can see a few binges with pre-mixed cans and terrible Australian Hip-hop involved) being awarded, but in my view he's just a few weeks of poor team performance this year, and half a year of further poor performance away from being in the gun again after some traditional idiocy and backward thinking from the Carltank board seeing Bolton dismissed.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    Eker rankings

#1 Daniel Currie
    9 seasons and 3 clubs for 8 AFL games. The King!

#2 Dawson Simspon
    9 AFL seasons for 28 games with 2 clubs.

#3 Jake Spencer
    Managed to say at the same club playing 36 games in 9 years.

#4 Shaun McKernan
    8 AFL seasons for 49 games with 2 clubs. Delisted twice and picked up in rookie draft twice by Essendon. 8 AFL season, 49 games.

#5 Jonathan Giles
    10 AFL seasons, 4 clubs for 58 games. Delisted, year in state league, rookie listed and then traded twice in steak knives deals.
    I would be really interested in learning more about Daniel Currie. If any Woofers can shed some light on his career that would be great. It's s helluva achievement to be around for so long and play so few games. It's a record that will stand the test of time I think.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

I hope Daniel Curry can squeeze one more year out and not play any games. A ten year career with less than ten games would shut the door on who is the greatest eker of all time. The Federer or Ali of ekers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    I would be really interested in learning more about Daniel Currie
    Not that dissimilar to Tom Campbell. Big lumbering ruck who can take a grab but not much else, and has durability issues. Break glass in case of emergency type, as many of the top ekers are - the 3rd best ruck on a club's list
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

9. Thanks merantau thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I hope Daniel Curry can squeeze one more year out and not play any games. A ten year career with less than ten games would shut the door on who is the greatest eker of all time. The Federer or Ali of ekers.
    Yes he can go around saying "I am the greatest....eker"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Yes he can go around saying "I am the greatest....eker"

I watched Rumble in the Jungle again the other day. Ali yelling abuse at Foreman and inviting him to hit him harder and pointing to his chin. What a lunatic. "Come on George. You can hit harder than an old lady can"

I guess ekering at its very best is rope a dope. You rope some dopey football manager into giving you a contract.

Post Thanks / Like

Probably not in the same class as Daniel Currie or Josh Cowan but Aaron Black must now be mixing in Eker circles.
    Drafted back in 2009, and now close to 8 years in the system for 54 games and showing little signs of improvement.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    Probably not in the same class as Daniel Currie or Josh Cowan but Aaron Black must now be mixing in Eker circles.
    Drafted back in 2009, and now close to 8 years in the system for 54 games and showing little signs of improvement.
    I thought Aaron Black would have broken through and become a bit of a player. I remember him looking impressive playing against us early in the 2014 season. Looking at his stats - he played 25 games that year including a prelim where he nearly went statless - and has then gone on to play 3 games in 2015, 0 in 2016 - and a further 4 games for Geelong this season.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    I thought Aaron Black would have broken through and become a bit of a player. I remember him looking impressive playing against us early in the 2014 season. Looking at his stats - he played 25 games that year including a prelim where he nearly went statless - and has then gone on to play 3 games in 2015, 0 in 2016 - and a further 4 games for Geelong this season.
    Precisely the type of player and form-line we'd have looked at in times gone by.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

I Still think Liam Jones will nose dive at some point.

It's in his nature. Threatened to be the next big thing at the dogs as well don't forget, He's totally a confidence player, and we know if you let him run and jump at the ball without contact he looks great, but he can't handle it when you take that away from him.
    Pretty soon clubs will instruct a forward to just watch him and get in his way, give him a little bump and he won't know what to do because he can only run in straight lines.

When that happens the rest of his game will fall apart as well and we'll see the real Liam Jones back again.

Post Thanks / Like

I presume Liam would be on minimum wage , can't see anyone wanting him and he must feel he owes the blues for 2.5 years of nothing.
    Bring back the biff