Thanks Thanks:  192
Likes Likes:  663
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Proactive Poaching

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    13 and McLean for Papley and 25 who says no?
    High price, but I'd do it. McLean and Papley were essentially playing the same role this year, stats were close between them except McLean averaged .7 goals, Papley 1.7 goals. So Papley is a big upgrade for this role.

McLeans best position is midfield. But is he going to play there: Bonts, Macrae, Dunkley, Lipinski, B. Smith, Libba, Wallis, Hunter (wing), West, Porter. If he's not and say Sydney promised him permanent midfield minutes, then he should look at a trade if we get a player who can take a run in the midfield, and still average 1.7 goals a game.

Hopefully getting Pick 26 for Picks 32 & 52. That leaves us:

Papley (pick 13)
    Bruce (pick 26 via trade of 32 & 52)
    Keath (pick 44)
    2020 3rd (pick 50)
    RFA Tom Nicholls (ruck insurance)

Draft Picks: 25, 88 & upgrade La Young.

7 spots: (1) Boyd (2) Picken (3) Morris (4) McLean (5) Webb (6) Roberts (7) Dickson, owing to Papley

Needs: decent CHF (tick), decent CHB (tick), good small forward (tick), mature ruck insurance (tick). Walk away very, very happy.

I don't want to lose McLean, but since we are playing him in a Papley like role and Papley plays it much better, it's worth thinking about. I'm not certain where the match committee see him fitting in in terms of role. It's a bit high of price, but you have to pay a higher price to get good players out of their club. If that offer got put in front of Sam Power and Toby & his manger, there's probably a serious conversation. An exchange of third rounders next year would balance it out a little more.

Edit:

Ranked 9th in Total Goal Assists
    Ranked 15th in Total Goals
    Ranked 16th in Total Bounces
    Ranked 19th Goal Assist Per Game
    Ranked 20th Bounces Per Game

37 goals, 28 behinds, 20 Goal assists - best game this year 27 disposals, 7 marks, 5 goals vs WCE
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

13 and McLean for Papley and 25 who says no?
    It's a high price. McLean is not as effective as Papley forward that's no secret but he is more versatile, and, I think can play more roles. He's better in the air and defensively. Just my opinion.

It would be a trade for needs though and we do need a Papley so maybe we need to pay too much to get him. He's what, 23?
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Tom Cutler allegedly looking for a return to Victoria. Any interest?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    Along with Lewis Taylor
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    Personally I have always liked him as a player. Booming kick on him too. Could easily fit in on the opposite wing from Hunter.

Post Thanks / Like

Petrucelle 100% staying at West Coast according to his manager on trade radio
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Petrucelle 100% staying at West Coast according to his manager on trade radio
    Yes just heard that interview as well. He was quite definitive, saying how much his client is loving his time there.

Post Thanks / Like

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

9. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Only one thing really pricked my ears. That was forecasting the 2020 AND 2021 drafts.

For example. If Nick Austin is Forcasting the 2021 first round picks 14-18 aren't brilliant at this point. Then perhaps, as per the thread I did on 'AFEL After Pay', we become more aggressive this trade period and take a bigger deficit next year that consumes our 2020 1st rounder. At least we know the club is looking at the 2021 draft landscape, which means we must think JUH is every bit the hype of a pick 1-3.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Only one thing really pricked my ears. That was forecasting the 2020 AND 2021 drafts.

For example. If Nick Austin is Forcasting the 2021 first round picks 14-18 aren't brilliant at this point. Then perhaps, as per the thread I did on 'AFEL After Pay', we become more aggressive this trade period and take a bigger deficit next year that consumes our 2020 1st rounder. At least we know the club is looking at the 2021 draft landscape, which means we must think JUH is every bit the hype of a pick 1-3.
    I heard Sam say that they look 2 to 3 years ahead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I just love that he's entrenched in our club. He's come a long way Granty my Uncle Danny still has a letter from Chris thanking him for showing him the ropes when he first came to Melbourne and started working with my Uncle at Telecom. There are so many basic spelling mistakes in that letter it's pretty funny.

Anyone at our club notice a number of key personnel do the Bevo tongue click?
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

13. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The Doctor mentioned this a while ago but I think we should be throwing our hat into the ring to have a chat to Bonar from GWS
    Seems he is keen to look for opportunities elsewhere
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

15. Likes anfo27, kruder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    The Doctor mentioned this a while ago but I think we should be throwing our hat into the ring to have a chat to Bonar from GWS
    Rumour has him going to the Bombers.

I'm theoretically keen but would need to be for next to nothing. The players that the Giants have tended to let go (to Carlton) before establishing themselves haven't been particularly inspiring.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    He would be looking at midfield time, something GWS were unable to give him, and he would have less of a chance with us.

Post Thanks / Like

Rumour has him going to the Bombers.

I'm theoretically keen but would need to be for next to nothing. The players that the Giants have tended to let go (to Carlton) before establishing themselves haven't been particularly inspiring.
    I saw it as more as speculation by some in the media tham anything else
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"