Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Dogs teammate admits disappointment about Stringer

Stringer

Western Bulldog Matthew Suckling has expressed his thoughts on Jake Stringer’s imminent departure from the club.

Even though Stringer has yet to officially request a trade, coach Luke Beveridge has publically said the mercurial forward is on the chopping block. While acknowledging it is apart of the modern football landscape, Suckling didn’t hide his dismay about the situation.

“It’s obviously disappointing to lose a mate but that’s the industry we are in now,” he told SEN at today’s Variety Club Grand Final lunch.

“I suppose you start to have mates at every club nowadays, so it’ll give me someone else to talk to after a game one day next year. It is sad to lose him.”

The two-time premiership player with Hawthorn also passed on some advice for Richmond ahead of Saturday’s Grand Final clash against Adelaide.

“You have to soak it up and enjoy it,” Suckling said.

“Don’t overthink it. It’s a special week and you never know if you’re going to get back there. Try to enjoy it; it’s a different week.

“Get everything done and organised early in the week and then enjoy it.”
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dogs teammate admits disappointment about Stringer

A nothing article really, slow news day.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Ha.

Fox Footy briefly spoke with Stringer and JJ today while they attended some kids' footy clinic and the gist from both of them was still lots to happen, nothing set in stone, yadda yadda, playing up the angle he could yet stay.

And then as Stringer walks away a teenage girl in a Bombres jumper gushes "come to Essenduhhhn!" to which he replies "Heheh I'm trying!".
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

He can try as much as he wants its our call
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Ha.

Fox Footy briefly spoke with Stringer and JJ today while they attended some kids' footy clinic and the gist from both of them was still lots to happen, nothing set in stone, yadda yadda, playing up the angle he could yet stay.

And then as Stringer walks away a teenage girl in a Bombres jumper gushes "come to Essenduhhhn!" to which he replies "Heheh I'm trying!".
    Seriously???
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

It seriously came out of his mouth.

Jake was either having a wry bit of fun - hilarious Jake - or indulging his usual impulse control.

I'm pegging it's the former.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

It seriously came out of his mouth.

Jake was either having a wry bit of fun - hilarious Jake - or indulging his usual impulse control.

I'm pegging it's the former.
    Paul Connors probably not that amused by it.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Paul Connors probably not that amused by it.
    Imagine you're right.

Must feel good for Jake having another club tickling his arse with all the things he wants to hear.

I reckon Connors is earning every bit of his commission with this client, whatever happens.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Imagine you're right.

Must feel good for Jake having another club tickling his arse with all the things he wants to hear.

I reckon Connors is earning every bit of his commission with this client, whatever happens.
    Connors gets no commission if he stays I imagine. I'd guess he's partial to him moving for that reason, but if Essendon stuff around, it should be clear quickly that it's 'no deal'.

Post Thanks / Like

Given David King's sentiments on AFL360 tonight, I'm getting the impression most AFL teams are very aware of Jake's issues and that it'd be a very brave club who believed his vow to get his act in order.

As part of the schtick he donned a Stringer mask and said ' I promise I'll never, ever be late for training again'

He then intimated good luck to the club who believes that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Given David King's sentiments on AFL360 tonight, I'm getting the impression most AFL teams are very aware of Jake's issues and that it'd be a very brave club who believed his vow to get his act in order.
    Our VFL team needs a half fit, half committed forward. Come on down Jake.

12. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As part of the schtick he donned a Stringer mask and said ' I promise I'll never, ever be late for training again'

That's pretty full on to do that on national tv.
    I guess a lot of media know the real truth and that paints a worse light on it.
    Well we know it's been going on two years so I guess clubs will know as well and it looks like some have dropped off.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

So now North are in driving down his value. Great. The baits been taken. Pick 4 it is then.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess nobody on this forum really knows for sure, but being an incorrigible romantic where the "Doggies are concerned, is there any chance that things have not gone too far with the playing/coaching group ? If Jakie is truly going to clean up his act I would rather see him stay and do it with us. Could that still happen ?
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

16. Likes WBFC4FFC, HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanette54 View Post
    I guess nobody on this forum really knows for sure, but being an incorrigible romantic where the "Doggies are concerned, is there any chance that things have not gone too far with the playing/coaching group ? If Jakie is truly going to clean up his act I would rather see him stay and do it with us. Could that still happen ?
    It's a strange one seems some players don't want to see him go. But they seem to understand why and have obviously told him to pull his head in and be fully committed many times .
    Bring back the biff