Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Baker, Hayes nightclub fracas caught on camera

Saints issue warning on sledging

Jon Pierek - The Age - 23 Jan

ST KILDA coach Ross Lyon has warned opposition players they could be cited under the AFL's vilification rules if they use the nude-photo scandal as ammunition to sledge his men this season.

Skipper Nick Riewoldt, Nick Dal Santo, Zac Dawson and Sam Gilbert were all dragged into the controversy involving a teenage girl, who cannot be named for legal reasons. The club reached a settlement with her through mediation on Friday.

The girl had claimed to have fallen pregnant to a St Kilda player and later, in a fit of rage, posted lewd photographs, stolen from Gilbert's laptop, of Riewoldt, Dal Santo and Dawson on Facebook.

Article in full...
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, right Ross . Vilification?

I hope Ben Hudson calls Gilbert and co every name under the sun at every opportunity.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Soft as store brand margarine. It's football, you will cop it on the field. There are personal and family matters that need to be avoided in sledging, this issue is not one, fair game I say. Hide in nz a bit longer, what a weak club.
    We need a new thread - awesome st Kilda sledges

Post Thanks / Like

Your kidding ..no sledging, what a sooky sooky lala, grow some balls saints and get some concrete and harden up, grown adults paid quarter a mil a year and cant take sledging?
    Shouldnt be playing the game it comes with the territory in my opinion.
    You want the money you know AFL is proffessional and in the spotlight, take the good with the bad, its only words ffs!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    You're a bit harsh.

I think if you probably think about how easily photos get around on the internet,
    it would be very very easy for this sort of thing to happen to any person in a sporting environment.

In a sports changing room there are plenty of opportunities to take pictures.
    One single photo, clowning around with mates, is very easy to take out of context when it is spread into the public domain.
    Even without your consent, Dick Smith you can get a pen camera that takes video and stills for 70 bucks.

Innocent until proven guilty. Why paint Reiwoldt with the same brush as his mates?
    The kind of person who would make a big deal of this, even on field, is in my view just perpetuating the whole sordid mindset.
    Really? Who else has this happened to? I don't remember many other 'captain's nude photos on teammates' computer' news stories in the last 50 years, if it's supposedly so 'common' or 'easy'. I ask again: could you imagine Johnno ever being in this position?

You can justify this however you want, if you don't think there's something very sick going on inside the St. Kilda changing rooms we live in very different worlds.

ps. Btw, I'm actually personal friends with two of the St. Kilda psychologists, and while they are putting a good spin on some of the players and Ross (they have to), the quiet word is that you better believe that some of the players are, let's just say, not exactly people you'd leave your daughter, or sister, or wife, or dog with.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desipura View Post
    I reckon DalSanto has the least to be embarrassed about.
    Edited for accuracy MkII

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
    Really? Who else has this happened to? I don't remember many other 'captain's nude photos on teammates' computer' news stories in the last 50 years, if it's supposedly so 'common' or 'easy'. I ask again: could you imagine Johnno ever being in this position?

You can justify this however you want, if you don't think there's something very sick going on inside the St. Kilda changing rooms we live in very different worlds.

ps. Btw, I'm actually personal friends with two of the St. Kilda psychologists, and while they are putting a good spin on some of the players and Ross (they have to), the quiet word is that you better believe that some of the players are, let's just say, not exactly people you'd leave your daughter, or sister, or wife, or dog with.
    Bad enough that you have pics of your mates dong on your computer, at the very least Gilbert must have shown the 17 y.o. Between him showing her and her gaining access to the pics suggests to me he was seeing this young girl for a significant period. So he must have known she was just 17 and would have told his mates, captain even shown them pics of her. What an awful individual all round amongst a similar club culture.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lantern View Post

It terms of easy or common, I refer to sexting and other unsavory practices.
    The very fact that legislation had to be brought in especially to clamp down on people sharing images of other's privates is proof of how common it is. As much as you might want to pretend AFL players are outside the community, they are not. And issues like alcohol, drugs, having sex with donkeys and other weirdo behaviour is present in small percentages of the community, AFL no exception.

Sure, they were stupid to allow all the chain of events to happen that transpired.
    Be that as it may, a couple of things.

1. Reiwoldt is the player at this current point in the conga line of subjects in the St Kilda thread.

But just because so and so did something, does it mean we an automatically paint others with the brush?
    Did he get anyone pregnant? No. Did he post his own picture on the internet? No. Did he take his own picture? No.
    And as you say, Johnno does not want to be anywhere near this debate, so lets leave him out of it. What he would or would not do is neither here nor there.

With the Saints, alot of people tend to take the guilty until proven innocent view.
    Case by case basis for me, but have it your way. What is Reiwoldt's crime exatly in your view?

P.S. If you are really good 'mates' with two St Kilda pyschologist and they are discussing confidential information, then that's outside the code of practice and reflects poorly on them. If they are happy to share info with you, that's your business. But I would be careful what you post in that regard.

I have a much more logical view of St Kilda's woes. Their grief is just karma from the football Gods for their captain's dive against Brian Lake in the PF 2009 ^_^
    Last edited by Ghost Dog; 23-01-2011 at 02:43 PM.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Let's hope the same standards apply to serial sledgers Baker and Milne.
    Yes Ross ask capt flop why he'd put himself in that scenario?
    The Stkilda football club have handled many aspects of this turgid affair appallingly!

Post Thanks / Like

Nobody has ever said Riewoldt is guilty if anything but complete stupidity.
    Please don't believe he didn't pose for that picture. Please don't believe Dal Santo didn't pose for that photo! Yes and talking of sledding wasn't it Riewoldt who enquired whether a certain player still "beats up" his girlfriend! I'll be getting stuck in just like their lot would if it was our guys involved in such incidents.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Nobody has ever said Riewoldt is guilty if anything but complete stupidity.
    Please don't believe he didn't pose for that picture. Please don't believe Dal Santo didn't pose for that photo! Yes and talking of sledding wasn't it Riewoldt who enquired whether a certain player still "beats up" his girlfriend! I'll be getting stuck in just like their lot would if it was our guys involved in such incidents.
    sledding? Is that some AFL / winter sports hybrid?
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    sledding? Is that some AFL / winter sports hybrid?
    Bloody I phone, mind Of it's own

Post Thanks / Like

Bloody I phone, mind Of it's own
    Haha. Well... His halo slipped a bit there as well. was forced to make a public apology over that one.

Fancy Lyon coming out and warning other teams off sledging as it goes against blah blah rule.
    Ha! The rules they have studied so carefully as their players have probably been on the wrong side of it so many times.

Post Thanks / Like

wasn't it Riewoldt who enquired whether a certain player still "beats up" his girlfriend! I'll be getting stuck in just like their lot would if it was our guys involved in such incidents.
    This one:

Lyon defends Riewoldt's Lovett-slur
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

So sledging was a no issue then but it is now?