Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  111
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Game Day Round EF 2015 - Western Bulldogs vs Adelaide Crows

Bevo on 774 discussing the GF and general football.

Says he is still hurting over loss to Adelaide. I love this bloke, it is burning and will only make us more determined next year.

Also mentioned his paternal Grand father played for Collingwood. Played in 4 consecutive premierships.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Bevo on 774 discussing the GF and general football.

Says he is still hurting over loss to Adelaide. I love this bloke, it is burning and will only make us more determined next year.

Also mentioned his paternal Grand father played for Collingwood. Played in 4 consecutive premierships.
    His father, John, is also a significant figure in AFL/VFL history, having been a key recruiter/list manager at StKilda for over 30 years. Hell of a family.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    I wasn't concerned with the last passage of play - we didn't do a hell of a lot wrong except lose the initial clearance in our forward line (which shouldn't have been a stoppage anyway as we butchered a clear goal scoring opportunity through Hunter/Crameri which caused the stoppage).

The lack of defensive running was far more of an issue from about 10 minutes into the 1st qtr until half time. So many ridiculously easy goals conceded because we let the likes of Sloane and Cameron run past us and deliver unopposed into Adelaide's forward 50 for Betts to gobble up.
    Our inability to play tight and play shoulder to shoulder with Eddie Betts was a key factor in the defeat. Hawthorn's defence hardly gave Betts a touch the following week which was a huge contrast to the 5 easy goals we gifted him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    Our inability to play tight and play shoulder to shoulder with Eddie Betts was a key factor in the defeat. Hawthorn's defence hardly gave Betts a touch the following week which was a huge contrast to the 5 easy goals we gifted him.
    Helps when you know the game plan

No doubt the Hawks saw our game and gave more focus to stopping Betts. He's such a barometer for the Crows, that if he's quiet, they probably won't win. We'll be better next time.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post

No doubt the Hawks saw our game and gave more focus to stopping Betts. He's such a barometer for the Crows, that if he's quiet, they probably won't win. We'll be better next time.
    Before our game with the Crows we all knew that it was extremely important that we keep Betts quiet.. But seems no-one with the club agreed with those thoughts.

Post Thanks / Like

It seemed it was a structural issue rather than a man on man issue. We certainly needed to be more aware of Betts but we seemed intent on pushing up. Betts is a smart footballer and saw the opportunities presented out the back.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Before our game with the Crows we all knew that it was extremely important that we keep Betts quiet.. But seems no-one with the club agreed with those thoughts.

I remembember devoting a heap of bandwidth to options to deal with Eddie Betts. I spent so much time talking about that I devoted a whole post to the idea of playing Caleb Daniel on Eddie.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    Betts wasn't the reason we lost the match, yeah he kicked 5 so did Dickson.

Our inability to kick goals, especially in the third quarter when Bonti twice, Grant twice and Wallis missed the easiest goals ever. My mother could have kicked those and she is 86.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Our inability to kick goals, especially in the third quarter when Bonti twice, Grant twice and Wallis missed the easiest goals ever. My mother could have kicked those and she is 86.
    You're right mate. Mrs. BAD at full forward in 2016 and the puzzle will be solved.

10. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We lost the match in the first qtr when we conceded 5 goals from Adelaide's first 6 inside 50's... Betts was left to waltz around and do as he pleased thru this period.

The 3rd qtr misses weren't great, but we should have been 4 goals up at qtr time, but instead we were playing catch up.

12. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We lost the match in the first qtr when we conceded 5 goals from Adelaide's first 6 inside 50's... Betts was left to waltz around and do as he pleased thru this period.

The 3rd qtr misses weren't great, but we should have been 4 goals up at qtr time, but instead we were playing catch up.
    There was only a goal or two in it the whole match - hardly catch up football.

Post Thanks / Like

I wish I could get over this game to be honest. Bont's errant shots on goal, Fletcher falling over, Hunter's errant handball to Crameri with Grant running into goal, Stringer not dishing off to Wally, not tightening the screws on Betts... and the list goes on FFS. Could we have tried to lose this match any better than what we did?
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    I wish I could get over this game to be honest. Bont's errant shots on goal, Fletcher falling over, Hunter's errant handball to Crameri with Grant running into goal, Stringer not dishing off to Wally, not tightening the screws on Betts... and the list goes on FFS. Could we have tried to lose this match any better than what we did?
    Not so much the goalkicking, but there will always be errors when you take the game on. You take the good with the bad. We had 32 scoring shots with Redpath (4 hitouts) & Minson (0.0) as our rucks and big forward targets
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure the Eagles are saying the exact same things today. Might go check out one of their forums.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornAScragger View Post
    I'm sure the Eagles are saying the exact same things today. Might go check out one of their forums.
    Eagles got smashed, were never in the hunt.