Thanks Thanks:  23
Likes Likes:  43
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Morris ACL!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Morris ACL!!!!

Morris is a warrior beyond measure, this is terrible news but it might work out for us

Wood & Morris both playing back wasn't working, but we wouldn't drop either of them

If we're still keen on Naughton forward, we may play Trengove back now instead of making Morris play tall, where Trengove is more effective than he is as a resting forward
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Fletcher Roberts? Might be his time to claw back into the fold.

Awful outcome for us. Morris a champion.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    Hyperextension is the movement that causes the ACL to tear, so probably not good news.
    Aye, I was still in stage one; denial.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Gutted by the news, could the bloke just be left alone? Hasn’t he had enough already? If ever there was a bloke....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Why must you mock us in our time of grief.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

6. Likes hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post

Awful outcome for us. Morris a champion.
    I think so. He's now the most experienced key defender on our list. This could be the making of Fletch.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    I think so. He's now the most experienced key defender on our list. This could be the making of Fletch.
    Lots hope Fletch will get a shot at it but we all should be happy with Caleb Daniel going in as an undersized back man.

9. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    Morris is a warrior beyond measure, this is terrible news but it might work out for us

Wood & Morris both playing back wasn't working, but we wouldn't drop either of them

If we're still keen on Naughton forward, we may play Trengove back now instead of making Morris play tall, where Trengove is more effective than he is as a resting forward
    Like this.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

How can I be happy about that....
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, onya Fletch, you're a dutiful footsoldier and you've got more premiership medallions than everyone here combined ... but if he's our key defensive fallback in an era increasingly designed to orchestrate more space for forwards and more one-on-ones, well, to put it frankly, we're stuffed.

I'd rather we trialled him forward if anything seeing as we're prepared to give just about anyone a go.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

terrible news I really feel for Morris. This could have been a great year for him.

I wouldn’t mind seeing fletcher up in the forward line and Naughton back where he belongs. Fletch is beautifully skilled just a bit slower. I always thought he could be a CHF roaming around up there. And have Schache coming out of the square

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely horrid news, Morris may not be the most skilfull or talented player we've ever had, but he'd just about be the most respected. Has long been my favourite player and his ability in the past to push through numerous setbacks is unrivalled. Love him and hope he can use his ridiculous healing powers to be ready for round 3.

This doesn't mean Fletcher will play, last year we had rounds where Naughton was our only tall defender in the side with Young and Roberts both not picked. As others have said the positive is that it rebalances our backline so we don't have too many non-rebounders (Cordy, Wood, Naughton and Morris).

The fall of Roberts is interesting considering he played about the first 8 games of 2017 and was close to if not in the top 5 in the best and fairest at that point before being dropped. Since then he's barely even been looked at.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

We will miss his coaching and direction in the back line terribly.
    His football not so much , not a go at him at all I just think this year was his teaching year more than anything.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

So have we listed anyone to replace him? If Sam Rowe was the next best option is there even any point?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    So have we listed anyone to replace him? If Sam Rowe was the next best option is there even any point?
    After he gets scanned, we will know the outcome of how long he will be out - most likely a year. We have the option to pickup someone mid season.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.