Thanks Thanks:  18
Likes Likes:  62

View Poll Results: What does WOOF mean to me?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • I’m just waiting for the footy season to start and my contributions will increase

34 45.95%
  • I’m unlikely to contribute much to conversations

5 6.76%
  • I don’t have the passion to join in football discussions

0 0%
  • I just don’t have the time any more

5 6.76%
  • Twitter and Facebook suit me better

1 1.35%
  • I’d prefer to just read the thoughts and opinions of others

7 9.46%
  • Please don’t close the site, I’ll sorely miss my WOOF fix

57 77.03%
  • I’ll be coming out of my summer slumber and will be right back into it soon

17 22.97%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What does WOOF mean to you survey

Will re-iterate that it hasn't diminished my love of the site - if things I've contributed can't be expanded on, then so be it - it just explains a lack of posting at times.

I've learnt a lot about the game by coming here - some of where the game has gone I may never fully understand. It's still (mostly) a cracking spectator sport run by douche-bags
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

I just got a like now for a post from BID54.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    Has happened to me plenty of times.

I also don't see 'likes' or 'thanks' for my posts as I generally browse and post using the mobile version of the site, which is greatly trimmed down.
    Sorry ... had to do it
    WOOF Member 422

4. Likes Doggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I know its been spoken about before, but with the amount of people accessing WOOF via mobile, I do wonder if an app would be a better way of producing input and contributions.

I always access WOOF via my mobile when I'm at home and PC when I'm at work; replying to a thread via mobile is so much harder.
    WOOF Member 422

6. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    I know its been spoken about before, but with the amount of people accessing WOOF via mobile, I do wonder if an app would be a better way of producing input and contributions.

I always access WOOF via my mobile when I'm at home and PC when I'm at work; replying to a thread via mobile is so much harder.
    I suggested that. Could be an idea we could pitch to GVGjr.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

It is harder to read the gameday thread at the games on my phone. Would have to depend on the cost of setting up and getting an app in the stores I imagine.

Maybe there are Woofers who can volunteer to do that and help out? I would if I did. (easy claim to make not having to back it up)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    It is harder to read the gameday thread at the games on my phone. Would have to depend on the cost of setting up and getting an app in the stores I imagine.

Maybe there are Woofers who can volunteer to do that and help out? I would if I did. (easy claim to make not having to back it up)
    If you look down the bottom of the screen, there's a little drop box that reads -- Woof. It lets you select Mobile viewing.

The interface is fairly limited but its far, far easier to read. There are some advanced posting features that don't work on mobile style and the quote buttons can be a little clunky but it gets the job done.

10. Thanks hujsh thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    If you look down the bottom of the screen, there's a little drop box that reads -- Woof. It lets you select Mobile viewing.

The interface is fairly limited but its far, far easier to read. There are some advanced posting features that don't work on mobile style and the quote buttons can be a little clunky but it gets the job done.
    Thanks, hardly every noticed that in all the years the site's been here.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Thanks, hardly every noticed that in all the years the site's been here.
    I found it by accident as well but its a god send if I'm on the train.

Post Thanks / Like

First up a big thanks to those who have contributed to discussions so far.

A quick view of things so far.
    There has been 65 members cast votes. Just 82 members have ready the thread in over a week. A high number of people in terms of % didn't share their views. About 10 members of the 65 don't have the time anymore and some would prefer to just read the thoughts of others so the numbers of those with the time and interest isn't great.

Those who would like the forum to keep going are very committed and I know the site means a lot to them and there have been a few offers to assist which has been greatly appreciated. On top of that there has also been some very good suggestions on what might improve things. I'll look into some of the more system type options a bit further for consideration.

Maybe it's the time of the year but we haven't had as many people read the thread as I thought might. I'll look at it again in the next few days.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

14. Likes SonofScray, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a sabbatical from posting on WOOF due to some health issues which I explained to Gary. However I am no where near finished with WOOF and certainly intend posting again.As Jack Dyer used to say I have just been lurking recently but lurkers don't win premierships. But as the poll states I’ll be coming out of my summer slumber and will be right back into it soon.

16. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    I had a sabbatical from posting on WOOF due to some health issues which I explained to Gary. However I am no where near finished with WOOF and certainly intend posting again.As Jack Dyer used to say I have just been lurking recently but lurkers don't win premierships. But as the poll states I’ll be coming out of my summer slumber and will be right back into it soon.
    All the best B4L. Hope you are on the mend.

18. Thanks Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Hope all is well now B4L.

20. Thanks Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If anyone is interested in assisting the site with some organisation of threads and a few other tasks would you be so kind as to send me a private message. Easty and Bulldogtragic do a lot of work behind the scenes especially during the season and it would be great if we could add a couple of more dedicated WOOF members to that.

Thanks

22. Likes Eastdog, Scraggers liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I originally came to WOOF after getting a PM on Bigfooty telling me about the site. I wonder if we could selectively target some of the higher quality posters on Bigfooty to get a few more active posters on board?