Thanks Thanks:  16
Likes Likes:  84
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFLX revealed: Who your club plays and when

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Just not that interested in the AFLX. I’m waiting for the proper pre season Bulldog games.
    I'm beginning to wonder if their hidden strategy is to contrive something so truly and embarrassingly awful that the punters wind up gagging for ANYTHING resembling actual football by the end of it.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    I'm beginning to wonder if their hidden strategy is to contrive something so truly and embarrassingly awful that the punters wind up gagging for ANYTHING resembling actual football by the end of it.
    Who knows what the AFL agenda is.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Junior participation.

Victoria is a stronghold and the AFL lags behind both soccer and basketball for junior participation.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Junior participation.

Victoria is a stronghold and the AFL lags behind both soccer and basketball for junior participation.
    I'm sure the tykes are looking forward to the open dress code as much as the rest of us.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Who knows what the AFL agenda is.
    According to Roy and HG it's to kill the game as quickly as possible. I can't help but agree with them at times.

Post Thanks / Like

What happens if someone is reported and subsequently suspended in AFLx? Surely couldn't miss a club game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    What happens if someone is reported and subsequently suspended in AFLx? Surely couldn't miss a club game.
    There not being bumped or tackled so I guess it's unlikely to rile anyone up to throw a punch. They're playing for the fun of it
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    There not being bumped or tackled so I guess it's unlikely to rile anyone up to throw a punch. They're playing for the fun of it
    Yep. I'd be staggered if there were any reports out of AFLX

Post Thanks / Like

Totally get that, just interested procedurally as it's possible however unlikely. Have to say that draft shambles was almost the AFLs low point.

Post Thanks / Like

I have no real issues with AFLx. It’s half a day and if it gets more people interested in AFL isn’t that a good thing?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I have no real issues with AFLx. It’s half a day and if it gets more people interested in AFL isn’t that a good thing?
    What is the market it's pitching for? I'd say the kids already know Betts, Dangerfield, Fyffe and Riewoldt
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

What is the market it's pitching for? I'd say the kids already know Betts, Dangerfield, Fyffe and Riewoldt
    No idea who they are pitching it at - they are clearly trying to link the superhero’s to the stadium naming rights.
    I don’t have kids but I’d be surprised if many kids under 15 could’ve be bothered watching or attending a whole game of afl.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    No idea who they are pitching it at - they are clearly trying to link the superhero’s to the stadium naming rights.
    I don’t have kids but I’d be surprised if many kids under 15 could’ve be bothered watching or attending a whole game of afl.
    You'd be surprised by a 13 year old attending the entirety of an AFL game?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    You'd be surprised by a 13 year old attending the entirety of an AFL game?
    Doesn't happen much in my place...the kids absorb the games in 3-4 15x minute chunks throughout the 2 1/2 hours of a broadcast...and if it 'blows out' (more than 4 goals is a good guide) then they lose complete interest.

It isn't as bad as the basketball - I sit down to watch 'a game' and my (supposedly) basketball mad 12yo tells me to let him know when there is 10 mins to go - but honestly all they really want to watch is:

1/. First 10 minutes or so.
    2/. Last 10-15 minutes of a close game.
    3/. The half-time highlights

When I was 12, we would get dropped at the gate for the u18s and stay all day...and for the majority of the seniors we actually sat and watched. Kids aren't like that today.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

15. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Doesn't happen much in my place...the kids absorb the games in 3-4 15x minute chunks throughout the 2 1/2 hours of a broadcast...and if it 'blows out' (more than 4 goals is a good guide) then they lose complete interest.

It isn't as bad as the basketball - I sit down to watch 'a game' and my (supposedly) basketball mad 12yo tells me to let him know when there is 10 mins to go - but honestly all they really want to watch is:

1/. First 10 minutes or so.
    2/. Last 10-15 minutes of a close game.
    3/. The half-time highlights

When I was 12, we would get dropped at the gate for the u18s and stay all day...and for the majority of the seniors we actually sat and watched. Kids aren't like that today.
    If I'm honest, unless it's our mob on the teev that's largely the way I digest televised footy these days too, although a bit of that has to do with the insufferable way it's called.

It ain't just the kids Gill might want to contemplate winning back.
    BORDERLINE FLYING